Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

May 22 Hotfixes - AK Cap Reduced to 40, WoW Arena Cup, Con Before the Storm

ZOMBS.io - a new Zombie tower defense game. Build your base and defend it against zombies at night!

Community Highlights: Podcasts, Cosplays, and Necromancer Video Content

What Happened in Hearthstone? Taking a Look Back at May 15 - 21

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - May 22
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Achievements
    • Grand Opening” now requires 8 spotlights activated during the Chronomatic Anomaly encounter (was 12).

Classes
    • Monk
      • Ironskin and Fortifying Brew once again grant the correct Stagger percentage.

Class Hall
    • Artifact Knowledge can now be researched to a maximum level of 40 (was 50).
      • Developers’ Notes: We raised the Knowledge cap from 40 to 50 very late in the 7.2 PTR cycle, out of an abundance of caution: We wanted to ensure that players of all playstyles, as well as alt characters, would view the Concordance trait as accessible. However, between the additional Artifact Power gains added in 7.2 and others that were hotfixed in after the patch released, we’re now well ahead of that mark. Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.

Player versus Player
    • Deepwind Dunk is now 15 minutes long, and each player killed during Deepwind Dunk awards 5 points.
    • Paladin
      • Attacking a Judged target will now cause Judge Unworthy to only spread that target's Judgment, instead of all your nearby Judgments.
      • Judge Unworthy can now spread Judgment to targets that are under the effects of crowd-control abilities.
      • Damage from Lawbringer can no longer cause Judge Unworthy to spread Judgment.

UI
    • Players using Korean and Chinese clients can now chat in public chat channels on the Broken Shore.

WoW Arena Championship Cup #3: Sign Up Now!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Signups are open for Cup #3 and we’re waiting for YOU to become the next WoW Arena champions. The final 8 teams will be broadcast live on Twitch, on Saturday June 10th at 11:00am PDT, so whether you’re competing, curious or just plain old crazy about esports—you can find out how to get involved below. See you on June 10th!

All About Tournaments
    • The events are 3v3 Arena Tournaments on live realms.
    • There is a double-elimination bracket, so watch out!
    • Team rosters are 4-player, but you can sign-up with 3.
    • All series are best-of-5.
    • Tournament Mode is required; all gear is normalized and honor talents and artifact power are maximized

All About Prize Pools
    • 1st place: $3,000, 160 points
    • 2nd place: $1,500, 80 points
    • 3rd place: $1,000, 36 points
    • 4th place: $500, 20 points
    • 5th and 6th places: 12 points each

All About Rosters
    • Didn’t finish in the top 6 in the first tournament? Not a problem! Teams can change their team members as often as they want, until points are earned. Once you have points on the board, your teams are set in stone. Well, except. . .
    • Teams who earn points are allotted one roster swap without consequences.
    • After the free swap, there is an automatic 50% reduction to your points tally.
    • If you want to know more, read our official Championship rules below.

Signups for NA Cup #3 Are Live!
    • Signups are live!
    • Signups will be open until 9:00am PDT on Monday, June 5th.
    • Teams will be seeded by the rating they achieve as signups close.
    • Bracket play starts on the 7th, and plays through the 8th May (if a second day is needed).
    • The last 8 teams will be broadcast live on Twitch on Saturday, June 10th starting at 11:00am PDT.
    • We’re excited to partner-up with GCDTV, who will be helping us out with all that has to happen behind the scenes (which is a lot).
    • The full rules and regs—plus the essential player handbook—can be found here.
    • Dates and signups for future cups will be coming soon!

Cup Dates For Your Diary
    • Cup #4: Final 8 broadcast Saturday, July 29th
    • Cup #5: Final 8 broadcast Saturday, August 5th

Want To Run Your Own Tournament?
    We would love to see more of these! The more community involvement the better and there are some seriously solid reasons for doing it. Community-run tournaments directly impact which teams end up in the Arena World Championships, as all approved community-run events award points. If you’re interested, here’s what you should do: read the guide, fill out the application form and send in it to us. If you have any questions about running your own event, get in touch. We’re here to help and want you to create as many community events as it’s possible to have.

Con Before the Storm
    Podcasters, streamers, pro teams, artists, news sites and fan sites come together for Con Before the Storm, which will be on Thursday Nov. 2nd. Their Kickstarter is coming to an end in the next week, so don't miss out if you want to contribute.

FinalBossTV #140 - Windwalker Monks
    This week FinalBossTV focuses on Windwalker Monks.

Deleted
    I absolutely LOVE the AK cap reduction. Not because I don't WANT the extra AP, but because, this more than anything else, really should tell people "don't bother farming AP once you have the first rank, just play the game and get a rank when you get a rank". It's awesome!

reduced AK? why blizzard why

Man, I was looking forward to AK 47

aww i got ak50 on ptr and world quests give 300-400m ap :/ really sad to only get it to 40...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    reduced AK? why blizzard why
    They literally wrote why in the post. Read more than the headline and find out why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathfury View Post
    Man, I was looking forward to AK 47

LUL 10 chars

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-05-23 at 01:43 AM.

Oh this is going to start a flame war in the forms now, goring to grab my popcorn BRB

in all seriousness, as much as i would like the 50 over 40 (mainly for 47) , it's just concordance i have left, so i don't care too much

Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.

THAT PROSPECT of clicking 1 button every 5 days to progress AK research.....

is insane, my poor fingers are saved!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    They literally wrote why in the post. Read more than the headline and find out why.
    Its called a joke. It wasnt a literal question. Internet much?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40.

THAT PROSPECT of clicking 1 button every 5 days to progress AK research.....

is insane, my poor fingers are saved!!!!
    They aren't referencing solely AK. They are referencing the fact that right now getting AP would be useless compared a month down the road, which is entirely true. One hour of 'work' getting AP now is about the same as two minutes of work getting AP in a month.

This is achieving two things. One your work now isn't completely useless and two the effective 'cap' on how much longer you need to 'grind' AP just got reduced by a lot. Considering they every AK rank is basically 30% more of the previous one, we will reach the upward limits of how many ranks of concordance you can really obtain a lot sooner. With AK 50 after 3-4 months you might have seen people in the upper twenties, or the low thirties at the absolute maximum. With this change you're going to see people around 15.

Considering concordance gives less overall DPS than the flat 0.5% ranks in the old system, they are basically telling you that you need not worry about AP anymore (unless you're really far behind, but even then if you have AK 40 it wouldn't take long to to get to 52).

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    They aren't referencing solely AK. They are referencing the fact that right now getting AP would be useless compared a month down the road, which is entirely true. One hour of 'work' getting AP now is about the same as two minutes of work getting AP in a month.

This is achieving two things. One your work now isn't completely useless and two the effective 'cap' on how much longer you need to 'grind' AP just got reduced by a lot. Considering they every AK rank is basically 30% more of the previous one, we will reach the upward limits of how many ranks of concordance you can really obtain a lot sooner. With AK 50 after 3-4 months you might have seen people in the upper twenties, or the low thirties at the absolute maximum. With this change you're going to see people around 15.

Considering concordance gives less overall DPS than the flat 0.5% ranks in the old system, they are basically telling you that you need not worry about AP anymore (unless you're really far behind, but even then if you have AK 40 it wouldn't take long to to get to 52).
    your grind does not need to get worse

it can get exactly 0....as you decide when to stop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    Its called a joke. It wasnt a literal question. Internet much?
    Jokes are supposed to be funny to all parties involved, not just the joker. You failed at making a joke.

The truth is more likely that many players reached concordance during the last days and then stopped farming AP cause they could as well wait for level 50(by doing 1 click all 2 weeks) and then doing catch up with just a few WQs....and get the other artifact weapons up in no time. Blizz was afraid people won't sink enough time into AP.
    Need proof? Well, they could just up the % increase for 40 levels(so spread the increase about 40 instead of 50 levels). That would pretty much cover their given reason. But Blizz ain't going with that simple solution....

Making AK cap at 40 means only that Blizz found out that AK 50 would make possible to max weapon, and this is not what they want. They want people to farm AP until Legion is done... Oh well I only care now to do ToS and then I can wait until next raid ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    The truth is more likely that many players reached concordance during the last days and then stopped farming AP cause they could as well wait for level 50(by doing 1 click all 2 weeks) and then doing catch up with just a few WQs....and get the other artifact weapons up in no time. Blizz was afraid people won't sink enough time into AP.
    Need proof? Well, they could just up the % increase for 40 levels(so spread the increase about 40 instead of 50 levels). That would pretty much cover their given reason. But Blizz ain't going with that simple solution....
    This! AP is most crappy thing this expansion IMO. (except mythic+).
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-05-23 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Did they really think AK 50 was needed to get concordance? are they high? I can't possibly believe they added 41-50 because they felt it was actually needed to get the first point of concordance.

That work later is better than work now isn't a bug, it's one of the two major driving forces which allow players to not give a damn about AP if they don't want to, the other major force being the incredibly small benefits of additional points in Concordance.

Capping it sooner is just pointless, and makes doing things like working on alts, swapping mains, and the like harder for no reason.

I guess we're not meant to go too deep into concordance then? That's a 44,001 multiplier and a 552,001 multiplier.

I hit 37 today. I didn't expect to 3 levels from the cap already.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    That work later is better than work now isn't a bug, it's one of the two major driving forces which allow players to not give a damn about AP if they don't want to, the other major force being the incredibly small benefits of additional points in Concordance.

Capping it sooner is just pointless, and makes doing things like working on alts, swapping mains, and the like harder for no reason.
    Not really. Given the timeline of patches this expansion, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that 7.3 is likely ~3 months away. 7.3 will likely have changes to AK once again, or new traits, much like 7.2 had.

Given that AK50 would have been finished slightly before such a date, it's probably better for alts anyway. When are you going to have time to swap alts/mains when AK 50 hasn't been out for long, and 7.3 is right around the corner. At least this shifts the goal post a couple months earlier. If you want to start working on alts/mains, you can pretty much do it now. My mage who does nothing but emissaries and mission table stuff is 48.

Most classes don't gain anything tangible between 47-51 (class varies), with 52 being the only 'big' point. "Big" point is kind of misleading, as while concordance is a boost, some classes gained more from single points in their old 3/3 points than even the big point in concordance gave them. Basically if you want to work on alts or change characters, (even though ToS is on the horizon), now isn't a bad time to do it.

I fully realize that work later is better than work now, that's been the fundamental benefit/flaw of the entire system since it was released this expansion.

Their reasoning is shitty though. You only need a simple understanding in math to conclude that 50 wasn't needed to get concordance. Also on that same note, you only need to understand simple math to understand that even at 50... maxing the weapon would take well beyond Legion to accomplish lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Making AK cap at 40 means only that Blizz found out that AK 50 would make possible to max weapon, and this is not what they want. They want people to farm AP until Legion is done... Oh well I only care now to do ToS and then I can wait until next raid ...
    No, it wasn't possible to max out weapon at AK 50. You had to do 2.9 million mythic raid bosses with AK 50 to get max concordance. It'd take somewhere around 20 years of constantly doing m+s to get there.