10+ Year Old Account

Question Subaru Crosstrek or Jeep Renegade?

Looking to buy one of these and so far I'm kind of set on the Crosstrek but I still really like the Renegade. I wanted something that would be good in the snow and other road conditions and these two were the ones that stuck out the most for me. I'm looking to get the 2017/18 model for both of these cars if that matters any.

I know some people are going to be like "A Renegade? That's a Fiat in disguise. Get a real Jeep like the Wrangler!" Trust me I would love to get a Wrangler but they are way too expensive for me right now and the fact that the Renegade is apparently made in Italy doesn't really bother me. The Renegade seems like a good middle of the road choice for me and from what I read people love it. However the biggest concern I have with it is it's safety scores. Apparently they didn't do so good in that department so that has me a little worried.

As for the Crosstrek I haven't heard anything bad about it really and it seems Subaru as a whole is the better company to go to. All i hear is how Subaru makes good cars that are reliable and last for a very long time. Also they're all about safety too so they have the Renegade beat there. My neighbor across the street has one and says he loves it and even plans to get a newer model and pass down the one he has now to his son.

Like I said I like both cars but because of the Renegade's safety scores I'm kinda leaning more towards the Crosstrek. Just thought I see what the general opinion is between these two cars here or maybe if there was anybody here who owns one of these that could share their experience they had with it. Just trying to learn as much as I can about these two cars before I make the plunge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Renegade has more storage capacity (or how do you call it in English), but I've heard Subaru Crosstek (it's called XV here) is a fine car in its segment.

Jeeps don't have that good of a reputation here when it comes to reliability and how they drive.

I assume you have driven both of those and tested them out?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Renegade has more storage capacity (or how do you call it in English), but I've heard Subaru Crosstek (it's called XV here) is a fine car in its segment.

Jeeps don't have that good of a reputation here when it comes to reliability and how they drive.

I assume you have driven both of those and tested them out?
    Not yet haven't had the time to go out there yet but I plan to soon. Everytime I wanted to go out it was raining or my family got in the way.

If you want reliability, get the Subaru.

If you want a car that'll develop multiple problems in the first year you've owned it, get the Renegade.

I wish this were hyperbole, but I live with a Chrysler engineer who works in the Jeep design division, and he strongly discourages anyone buying the Renegade (and most of the Jeep brand).
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    If you want reliability, get the Subaru.

If you want a car that'll develop multiple problems in the first year you've owned it, get the Renegade.

I wish this were hyperbole, but I live with a Chrysler engineer who works in the Jeep design division, and he strongly discourages anyone buying the Renegade (and most of the Jeep brand).
    Hm, well that's disappointing but good to know. Thanks.