Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The kid is failing at the basic quote rules:

If the quote is from a bad person, just say it was Churchill.
    If you don't know who said it, just say it was Churchill.
    If the quote is from Churchill, say it's from Otto Von Bismark to sound smarter.
    Otto vond Bismarck, now theres a statesman the Germans can actually be proud of.
    I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy!

"Obvious joke get's intentionally misinterpreted and blown out of proportion as struggling media site sees opportunity for easy clicks. Check back regularly as this story develops."

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    A work of art should never be based on its creator, but on its own merits. If you think the quote is good, fine. Keep it. The quote is not somehow made less good because Hitler was the one who said it.
    The quote is ambivalent expressionless nonsense. She could have chosen from a few dozen hundreds of other quotes that say exactly the same thing. She did this on purpose. Quoting a man who is responsible for 60 million dead (and quite a few dead americans as well) is tasteless, to say the least. I wonder what happened if someone quoted chairman Mao in some Texan yearbook.

Is it litigable? No. Is it inappropriate and tasteless and should be removed from a yearbook? Absolutely.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-05-22 at 03:01 PM.

Is this even a direct Hitler quote? I feel like this is one of those quotes that is often attributed to a lot of people.

"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' - Wayne Gretzky"
    -Michael Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    what does "Yours in Christ" mean?
    Well, it's a catholic school, and it's another way to sign off instead of saying "sincerely"
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The quote is ambivalent expressionless nonsense. She could have chosen from a few dozen hundreds of other quotes that say exactly the same thing. She did this on purpose. Quoting a man who is responsible for 60 million dead (and quite a few dead americans as well) is tasteless, to say the least. I wonder what happened if someone quoted chairman Mao in some Texan yearbook.

Is it litigable? No. Is it inappropriate and tasteless and should be removed from a yearbook? Absolutely.
    of course the quote was chosen on purpose. That's the whole point of yearbook quotes. People quote George Washington and Thomas Jefferson all the time, despite both of them having profiting from one of the most heinous evils in American history. Sure he was no Hitler but let's not pretend that every quotable person in history has to be a boy scout, or that terrible people have never said any great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Okay you are being really ignorant about what times man of the year is.

times man of the year is the person who had the most affect on the world, and the person starting world war fucking 2 changes history and ergo is man of the year BECAUSE he had a humungous effect on the world.

He wasn't "times man of the year" because he's a great person like what the fuck lmao
    So in your world someone who has a "humungous" effect on the world isn't great?

Good lord. It's sad how many people don't understand what "great" actually means. It isn't a synonym for "nice".

Who cares?

Some girl was trying to be edgy by quoting Hitler and people gave her all the attention she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    So in your world someone who has a "humungous" effect on the world isn't great?

Good lord. It's sad how many people don't understand what "great" actually means. It isn't a synonym for "nice".
    It's sad how people don't understand language and its nuances and how certain words have certain connotations related to them.

"Hitler was a great man"

Shit only goes one way bud, that's out, stop trying to shove your shitty pro hitler comment back up your ass.

hitler was imo the greatest public speaker to exist, even before the days of teleprompters. what he did doesn't take away from that

if someone can get inspired from a quote then why is that bad, you can't just act like he never existed or never said anything inspiring or intelligent

i bet if someone quoted something from a communist like che absolutely nothing would have been done about it.
    Last edited by btorz; 2017-05-23 at 04:40 AM.

Why is a quote from Hitler a problem? It's not racist or anti semitic in nature.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

I actually think neither of those quotes is very good. Particularly Hitler's, that's like something from a gift shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I like the hypocrisy sometimes, Herp derp Hitler is evil!!! *casually enjoying a movie or driving on the highway to work*

Seriously, the kid used a quote, a quote from evil incarnate in some ways but still just a quote, and it is actually a good quote.