10+ Year Old Account

wisconsin tuition bill plan rejected

http://www.superiortelegram.com/news...tuition-freeze

this is only source i can find on it since most of the other media don't seem to care about wisconsin.
    bill to freeze tech college costs for 2 years and a plan to make tech college free by rescinding a tax break for manufacturers was rejected 12-4 the other day. this is bad news for the lower income people of wisconsin as community college tuition has been rising steadily the last 8 years. republicans said that it should be "an individual investment" to attend higher education and that taxpayer subsidized college is unneccesarily burdensome on the hardworking taxpayer or some such bullshit. they also rejected a bill to eliminate the labor and industry review thank fucking god. wtf is wrong with you walker?

also the board which supervises for profit schools is being removed under walker's new proposal over the next 2 years.....wow.

i think this is surprising that walker would be behind such a initiative...sad to see republicans oppose him.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-05-19 at 11:33 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

You'd think if Tennessee could do it, Wisconsin could too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You'd think if Tennessee could do it, Wisconsin could too.
    Tennessee doesn't have to deal with Scott Walker.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Tennessee doesn't have to deal with Scott Walker.
    if i'm not mistaken scott walker was actually going to just freeze tuition for another 2 years which isn't all that bad an alternative.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.