Platinum Games Working on a New IP With A New Director

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...-Director.html

fter the PS4 success story that was Nier: Automata (contrasting horribly to the confusing failure that was the Xbox One's canned Scalebound), Platinum has set its sights on a new project which will be helmed by a new director.

Platinum's studio producer Atsushi Inaba spoke at a keynote at this weekend's BitSummit conference about a new game that's being worked on internally at the studio, which is 'formless' right now.

According to a report over at OnlySP, Inaba mentions Platinum is keen to move away from yearly development cycles and into more lengthy projects. So don't expect this new title any time soon.

Platinum's partnership with Microsoft ended up in the cancellation of Scalebound (though that trademark has just been revived...), but is it possible for Platinum to have taken the engine or some of the ideas from that game to put into this new, unannounced title?

We'll have to wait to find out.
    Consider me highly interested.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

passing by ......

10+ Year Old Account
    I will forever boycot M$ products from now on because of what they did to Scalebound. That game was the only reason I was going to get a new XBone console. So they left the game in limbo forever and then just quietly canceled it. Fuck them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    どこがkamiyaaaaaaaaa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    どこがkamiyaaaaaaaaa
    Stop changing your avatar every time I refresh this page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Stop changing your avatar every time I refresh this page.
    But I have like 2k+ to choose from. Its hawrd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But I have like 2k+ to choose from. Its hawrd
    Where were you when the psychosis hit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Where were you when the psychosis hit?
    In 90 degree weather. Send help.

Would be kinda nice if Automata would receive the long promised patch and actually have some sort of dev communication after release, instead of one DLC (this time clearly overpriced against what it contains).
    Before they make a new game...