Thread: Far Cry 5

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    always the same thing, trailer looking like a movie, sorry I will not buy it, not interested in supporting a non evolving industry

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    always the same thing, trailer looking like a movie, sorry I will not buy it, not interested in supporting a non evolving industry
    Da fuck are you talking about? It's the concept/announcement trailer to give you an idea of the story and concept and world the game is set in. It's not a gameplay trailer. Do you have a problem with games having a great story? If you do, you are sorely in the minority. Most gamers LIKE a cinematic-quality story to go along with their game.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I'm really tired of ubishit sjw propaganda, it mite b cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Sigh

Another cult spin-off of Christianity? Way to give us something fucking new, Ubisoft.

I like the idea of a Far Cry set in the U.S. - we do have a pretty damn majestic and still somewhat untamed land full of awesome creatures, but for fuck's sake, Christianity cults have been done to fucking death. Make a cult out of a religion that maybe we aren't that familiar with. Make it fresh and interesting.
    The Rakyat cult in 3 and the traditional Golden Path and Shangri-la in 4 weren't enough for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Da fuck are you talking about? It's the concept/announcement trailer to give you an idea of the story and concept and world the game is set in. It's not a gameplay trailer. Do you have a problem with games having a great story? If you do, you are sorely in the minority. Most gamers LIKE a cinematic-quality story to go along with their game.
    that's rather clear, but most persons like bad cinema, doesn't mean it's good
    I have little to no expectation for far cry 5 and I would appreciate if others would share my view, because video games deserve better than this
    it will be another game beyond thousands of others, don't trust marketing
    I'm betting this game will not have a single music that will remain remembered in generations

that's rather clear, but most persons like bad cinema, doesn't mean it's good
    I have little to no expectation for far cry 5 and I would appreciate if others would share my view, because video games deserve better than this
    it will be another game beyond thousands of others, don't trust marketing
    I'm betting this game will not have a single music that will remain remembered in generations
    Is English not your first language? What im gathering is that you thing you are above general entertainment and only like indie shit? if so why both commenting at all? News flash games are for fun.

Deleted
    And people say activision are bad with the amount of COD is made, well its a ubisoft game so its going to have problems and parity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    And people say activision are bad with the amount of COD is made, well its a ubisoft game so its going to have problems and parity.
    I mean yeah it will have problems but Farcry isn't in it's yearly releases. Last one was in early 2016, now we're getting one in early 2018.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am so gonna get that game, while it is probably gonna follow the Ubisoft formular they are so well known for, I do find the setting interesting, well cults in general interests me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Was that teaser CGI? Looked movie quality.

Nevermind, the second trailer tells the truth :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

So the cult looks like its taken over the town entirely, terrorizing everyone. Anyone else get the feeling the PC is going to be an FBI agent sent in to investigate when all the cell towers in the region get shut off or something, than we get the first tower online and the bosses tell you to take down the cult leader solo before they raid the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Is English not your first language? What im gathering is that you thing you are above general entertainment and only like indie shit? if so why both commenting at all? News flash games are for fun.
    not my first language, but I speak that way : P I don't think there's anything disturbing
    I'm not above entertainment or for indie or whatever
    I don't care if a game is indie or AAA
    if I spot a masterpiece I'll treat it as a masterpiece regardless if it has been done by one guy in 10 years or a team of big programmers in a year with heavy marketing

far cry 5 is everything but unique and I wanted to remind some persons that marketing is nothing, this game is obviously being marketed a lot, while I bet it'll be another decent but uninspired game I mean just read the title
    we have too many interesting things to do or games to play to bother with those kinds of games
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-05-27 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They'd be accused of bigotry.

Its 2017. Its only ok to lampoon white people and Christianity. Anything else and you're a dirty racist (insert religion other than Christianity)phobe
    Hard to take this seriously given that FC2 was about shooting diamond-hungry African warlords, FC3 was about shooting drug-addled Not-Polynesians for most of the game and features a cult, and FC4 was about shooting Asians, which includes proto-communists and fanatics. Far Cry has always been about shooting stereotypes in the face. Now it's the turn of the Americans, and the American stereotype is the crazy redneck. That's just how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    not my first language, but I speak that way : P I don't think there's anything disturbing
    if I spot a masterpiece I'll treat it as a masterpiece regardless if it has been done by one guy in 10 years or a team of big programmers in a year with heavy marketing

far cry 5 is everything but unique and I wanted to remind some persons that marketing is nothing, this game is obviously being marketed a lot, while I bet it'll be another decent but uninspired game I mean just read the title
    we have too many interesting things to do or games to play to bother with those kinds of games
    Farcry is the name of the franchise, so this point is moot. I wouldn't call it uninspired at least thematically. The gameplay may be. Also I haven't seen a masterpiece to this date.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    the American stereotype is the crazy redneck. .
    If they where going for that stereotype it would be in West Virginia or Arkansas.

Montana is pretty far from the "redneck" stereotype and that trailer wasn't really the redneck stereotype either. Hint: Rural does not = redneck.

mmmmm

the theme they're going with were the player is going up against a bunch of religious crazies in america has already been done and probably better in Bioshock Infinite. if they change up the game play in this or add new features I'll give it a look. but I feel like I've played every far cry game already just from having played 3.. /shrug

Why come and post in this thread then? This isn't your blog, its for actual discussion of the game, you haven't even given a reason for hating this game other than its apart of a franchise, this just makes you come off as an idiot. Save posts like this for you facebook wall, or better yet don't post them at all.

You must hate Halo Pokemon Fire Emblem and any other franchises as well then? You had better not shop chain stores or eat at chain restaurants, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

Farcry is a sandbox fps hunting series just because a game belongs to a series doesn't make it "uninspired"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If they where going for that stereotype it would be in West Virginia or Arkansas.

Montana is pretty far from the "redneck" stereotype and that trailer wasn't really the redneck stereotype either. Hint: Rural does not = redneck.
    Ehhhhhhh redneck doesn't quite equal rural but every state has rednecks. Don't get me wrong there are different types and levels of rednecks, but in general rednecks are your rural, religious, conservative, gun loving, hunting, drives around in a big truck, population most states have. Outside of urban areas, a lot of the population is redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Ehhhhhhh redneck doesn't quite equal rural but every state has rednecks. Don't get me wrong there are different types and levels of rednecks, but in general rednecks are your rural, religious, conservative, gun loving, hunting, drives around in a big truck, population most states have. Outside of urban areas, a lot of the population is redneck.
    As someone who has lived in multiple states along the Appalachia religion has absolutely nothing to do with rednecks, in fact the majority of them either aren't religious at all or barely are and never go to church.

I don't think you really understand what a redneck is until you experience them, in reality what you just said is akin to saying black people like fried chicken and watermelon. Basically a white stereotype, not really redneck at all. Redneck in reality provides to people that are hard headed, drink more then they're capable of handling, regularly sound like idiots while thinking they're smart etc.

I know a hell of a lot of dudes who fit the stereotype you listed and couldn't be more opposite from a real redneck, and would be insulted to be compared to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait!