Thread: Demo awful?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demo awful?

I've been playing Demo since the beginning of the expansion. In the beginning I was at the top of the charts in dungeons and raiding. Now I'm falling lower than #10 in dps in raids and in pvp I can't even survive past 2 stuns. There's so much uptime for summoning our demons that I can't compete with all out dps pumpers like DH's, warriors and hunters in pvp. I don't want to reroll because I've gone so far with this toon but I feel so underpowered at this point (even with 1 trait away from concordance) but it doesn't seem fair.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2017-05-23 at 04:57 AM.

Demo is doing just fine right now (in PvE). It's not broken like affliction is in NH right now, but it's still very good.

Deleted
    All three lock specs are useless right now, and I don't see the situation improving anytime soon. In pvp and pve the total lack of mobility and instant cast / summons needs addressing, but Bliz seem deaf to this issue. I'm now enjoying playing a BM hunter that seems to have all that is missing from my lock, plus superior st and aoe. Why play a lock when they have been castrated?

Quote Originally Posted by hyperbole View Post
    All three lock specs are useless right now, and I don't see the situation improving anytime soon. In pvp and pve the total lack of mobility and instant cast / summons needs addressing, but Bliz seem deaf to this issue. I'm now enjoying playing a BM hunter that seems to have all that is missing from my lock, plus superior st and aoe. Why play a lock when they have been castrated?
    This pretty much covers the current state of locks.

Wow! Are we playing different classes? Lock overall is in a very good state in PVE and in my opinion the strongest caster in NH. Affy is undoutably OP at the moment in NH and Demo strong. However, at heart they both do best when left to tunnel. Destro needs some love on the ST front but a lot of changes are coming.

Total lack of mobility? That is the "burden" of most casters at the moment to be fair. If you work on starting in a good position, minimising your movement, using your tools and knowing what to cast when you do have to move then you no longer find it such an issue. Also have you even experimented with other talents like WiA and SI that actually give you more mobilty? Also the "new affy" is a lot more mobile than feeling forced into using MG.

Ok slightly more back on track with the OP. I don't PvP much so I cannot comment on that but have you looked at your raid log rankings? How are you performing compared to the others? Are you improving each week? On farm burst classes usually will look stronger but the best competition in my opinion is to focus on is yourself and other ranked locks of the same spec.

Deleted
    Well, my guess is that the 3 button playstyle of BM is what makes you more interested in it. If you look at logs of either Heroic or Mythic raids, you will find that both Affli AND Demo actually outperform BM hunters on 7 out of 10 bosses. If you can't beat that average, then it's probably more you than the actual class design.

Hunters might be stronger in lower m+, but then again, why would you play them anyways. As soon as you go 12 and above, I'll beat an equally-geared BM hunter in overall damage (which is what counts in m+) in basically any dungeon as affli. As demo it's also possible, but quite a bit more challenging because you have to play it close to perfectly.

His name is his mission

All three lock specs are fine. Anyone who says they are bad, well, they are bad.

Who needs mobility when you do over 1m hps as aff drain soul ticks doing just shy of 2m on crits and just around 600k on non crits is silly on top of soulleech.

Now destro is gonna have passive 15% or more DR on top of a random amount of DR per hit taken up to another same % as the base passive.

As for PvP I can't say since I don't partake.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

am i missing something here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaewalk View Post
    Aside from the fact that you shouldn't
    a) use all bosses as that is misleading, especially due to Scorp
    b) use 90th percentile to reply to a post stating they rather play a 3-button huntard spec (probably not even Mythic for that same reason)

You are correct, in that both Affli and Demo are actually performing better than BM on 7 out of 10 current raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Aside from the fact that you shouldn't
    a) use all bosses as that is misleading, especially due to Scorp
    b) use 90th percentile to reply to a post stating they rather play a 3-button huntard spec (probably not even Mythic for that same reason)

You are correct, in that both Affli and Demo are actually performing better than BM on 7 out of 10 current raid.
    Skorpyron doesn t count in that statistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is pretty fine, but Demonic Empowerment in its current incarnation has to go really. It would be cool if it was some sort of DPS cooldown + target painter that causes all your minions to aggro your target, instead of what it is now.

Whenever questions like this come up during an instance farm period, it amuses me when people bust out warcraft logs rankings as evidence of fine-ness (or awful-ness. Sure, affliction looks great in today's snapshot and make the other two specs look like garbage. But while some (top 50) guilds had affliction locks during progression it was far less than demo and destro locks.

The very fact that warlock representation was fine overall in those guilds and that there was decent representation across all three specs during progression suggests that "awful" is not a word that should be used.

Worrying about which spec pads the best on farm on Skorp, krosus, tich, alluriel, or which spec does the best in 2 minute trilliax or chromatic anomaly kills is kind of pointless.

You'll likely be totally viable playing any spec you want in tomb as well (at least the way things are looking on PTR). Nobody sensible is going to kick any warlock spec out of the group on account of the spec the play and just like always, different fights will favor different specs.

Deleted
    Come on, please! Demo is terrible. It's clunky, and obviously no fun (you hardly see anyone playing it these days); the best specifically demo stuff was given to demon hunters, and all the 'designers' gave back was a lazy 'just give 'em a few more demons' approach. As for affliction being more difficult to play than BM hunter, give me a break! Affliction really is a 3 or 4 button game. Where's the skill in casting two dots plus UA, and channeling DS? Losing Kil'Jaden's Cunning and an instant pet cast, plus the insulting state of the spec at the beginning of Legion (it was supposedly tested but possibly only by an intern on their first day), all ruined destro for me.

Not to mention that healthstones at less than 400k health are embarrassing. And people argue locks are in a good place. Dream on guys.
    Last edited by mmocf945c95b4b; 2017-05-24 at 07:21 PM.

Come on, please! Demo is terrible. It's clunky, and obviously no fun (you hardly see anyone playing it these days);
    I enjoy it, and do quite well with it. However, I actually prefer that the representation stays low, helps keep the nerf bullseye off us and on whatever class/spec is fotm. Just look at affliction.

I have no problem with people playing it, doing terrible with it, and deciding it's shit either for the same reason.

My problem with demo is you are no demonologist or master summoner like thal'kiel.

You just spam imps and dogs, it's pathetic on top of how utterly obnoxious demonic empowerment (and the mana hog it is) spam is.

It's also the worst spec in the game for target switching, closest competitor being feral druid. It has no on demand burst since thal'kiel is a tight window set up 45 sec cd spell you don't want to delay anyways.

Doom is just terrible for short lived adds, it should refund a shard whenever an add dies with doom on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I've been playing Demo since the beginning of the expansion. In the beginning I was at the top of the charts in dungeons and raiding. Now I'm falling lower than #10 in dps in raids and in pvp I can't even survive past 2 stuns. There's so much uptime for summoning our demons that I can't compete with all out dps pumpers like DH's, warriors and hunters in pvp. I don't want to reroll because I've gone so far with this toon but I feel so underpowered at this point (even with 1 trait away from concordance) but it doesn't seem fair.
    if you're not at concordance and you think the class is awful you're doing something wrong. Sucks if u dont have bis legos but aside from that don't QQ about DH burst, cuz after that you should be home free, and also was there a point to your post aside from you crying about you being shit at your spec? play a different one. Go raid in destro and show people your powers of op.

- - - Updated - - -

Ikr? And ffs like seriously. How am i supposed to DPS if i don't save my cds for priority targets? Head lego is total shit for priority targets. Like lashers? Why tf would i build up 50stacks for +150% TKC dmg AND hold doomguard/gserv for a short period of time to deal massive damage.

Seriously i love this meme tho. 10mil crit from that shit and my gear isnt even that great (906 with mostly good stat priority).
    How come i cant solo NH. Wah

Demo can solo any of the BS bosses that aren't raid tier, and do it well if you play your spec right.

- - - Updated - - -

doom doesn't cost a shard why tf would it refund one

Deleted
    Sharmat, I assume you're the best Wow player ever (or at least you clearly think you are!). But exactly what weird brand of English to you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmat View Post
    if you're not at concordance and you think the class is awful you're doing something wrong. Sucks if u dont have bis legos but aside from that don't QQ about DH burst, cuz after that you should be home free, and also was there a point to your post aside from you crying about you being shit at your spec? play a different one. Go raid in destro and show people your powers of op.

- - - Updated - - -

Ikr? And ffs like seriously. How am i supposed to DPS if i don't save my cds for priority targets? Head lego is total shit for priority targets. Like lashers? Why tf would i build up 50stacks for +150% TKC dmg AND hold doomguard/gserv for a short period of time to deal massive damage.

Seriously i love this meme tho. 10mil crit from that shit and my gear isnt even that great (906 with mostly good stat priority).
    How come i cant solo NH. Wah

Demo can solo any of the BS bosses that aren't raid tier, and do it well if you play your spec right.

- - - Updated - - -

doom doesn't cost a shard why tf would it refund one
    Because you get zero benefit out of doom unless it gets off its single tick against any shortlived adds, which cripples demo against anything that's not a boss. It is bar none among the worst dots in the game.