Thread: Resto in 7.2.5

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I had to heal some Sisters wiping at the start of this reset because one of our main healers was away. I dunno if I just suck but I can't keep my mana up if I spam reju as much as I see other druids do. So I switched to prosperity/spring blossoms/SotF and pretty much only healed by sniping swiftmends on low targets to maximize T20 uptime and used WG with SotF, only really using rejuv a lot before umbra suffusion. A lot easier on my mana and also a lot easier to play.

Looking at your logs (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=16), you really want darkmoon deck: promises. Makes your spells cost 2k mana less on average, that's insane value on long fights. 40 spells per minute in 5 minutes = 400k extra mana. Fucking magic. Especially for druids.

Having a retri for wisdom is also really damn good. And you might want to use a mana pot, even the instant 160k mana one is better than nothing if you can't afk 10s for leytorrent.

Looking at your casts (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=16), you should definitely use flourish more than 3 times in 7 minutes. As well as missing out on two tranqs and innervates (that solves a lot of your mana headaches).

Lifebloom uptime is rather low, it's not a big deal, but free regrowths every now and then feel good (also saves mana).

Don't forget to use prolonged power on pull

Most (basically all) of the "how the fuck can they heal so damn much" logs (like https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Restoration) follow the same rules: velens, shoulders, 4p t19, darkmoon deck: promises, retri wisdom, innervate on cd (bonus points for moonkin innervate(s), that also gives you haste), using mana pots, definitely going for germination and rejuvenating everyone and everything.

Just look at the analysis of the top maiden mythic log and see how much velens, shoulders and t19 are providing... https://druid-legendary-analyser.her...H2raz&fight=30

Or more relevant the best Sisters log: https://druid-legendary-analyser.her...rDVfG8&fight=1. As you can see (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=4&spell=100), he got 561k mana from wisdom, 240k mana from leytorrent and 409k mana from the darkmoon deck: promises. Literally had more than twice as much mana as yourself. His Wild Growths heal as much as yours, despite not half of them being empowered by 75% from your SotF :P

More mana -> more rejuvs -> more mastery stacks on everyone -> much bigger heals. Once you solve the mana issue, the sky is the limit (woah that sounds edgy).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post
    The Warcraft log data is 99% T19 wearing druids.

T19 will need to take a nerf to force the change and then the real throughput will begin to show. Maybe its not so bad, but since no one on the top charts are using T20 its hard to really tell.

I might have misunderstood your first post. I thought you meant that resto druid as a class/spec was in a bad spot at moment. I agree with you if you meant that it's wrong that you have to use T19 in order to be competitive and that T20 should receive a buff (or nerf T19) in order to make it relevant - if that is what you meant by "a fix" I'm 100% with you.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec8e0a79f; 2017-07-14 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laggaiskogen View Post
    I might have misunderstood your first post. I thought you meant that resto druid as a class/spec was in a bad spot at moment. I agree with you if you meant that it's wrong that you have to use T19 in order to be competitive and that T20 should receive a buff (or nerf T19) in order to make it relevant - if that is what you meant by "a fix" I'm 100% with you.
    At the end of the day the class is not in a terrible spot, but it is being screwed with. T20 was an answer to us being crazy far ahead, sadly its a terrible playstyle. Someone above this said they had to switch for a fight and loved the playstyle. I don't blame them, if your new to the class its awesome. Those that have been playing for a long time enjoy the complexity (all be it still easy compared to most).

I have told my raid group a few times, if the KJ race ends and some changes are made I will come back to druid. If not, I will play priest for this tier and then go back for T21.

While T19 has really strong boni, that's not the only thing to consider. It also is easier to play. 2pc is nothing about choices, it's a straight increase in raidhealing. Same about 4pc. It is even a little bit smart by chosing injured people first. The only things you need to do is keep up a good amount of rejuvenations. But we do that often. Shoulders make it even easier to keep up more rejuvenations. The boni are useful in any encounter to a good degree.
    In contrast T20 forces choices and isn't nearly as automatic as T19. By providing the boost to the stacked people, it helps only in certain encounters(though there are a good amount of the min ToS) and even then only on those who already are receiving the most collateral healing.
    T20 is situational and harder to play(doesn't mean it's incredible hard).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    T20 is clunky, especially with the class ring. Best not blow my SM on that person nearly dying over there, because I need the efflo boost and WG boost 7 seconds from now, sweeeet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I feel like the problem with T20 is it seems like Efflor isn't that useful on a number of encounters in ToS. A lot of the encounters include moving the boss and melee/tanks not staying stationary. It's too much of a mana drain to keep moving the ability outside of the 30 second duration window to keep up.

Because of this and the strength of T19, I don't see a reason to change to it ... until you get a full set of high ilvl gear.
    Its.more than that. The synergy between the two is terrible. Lets say you want to max the uptime on the buff to efflo well youll have to swiftmend even if their are no particulalry low hp targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    T20 is clunky, especially with the class ring. Best not blow my SM on that person nearly dying over there, because I need the efflo boost and WG boost 7 seconds from now, sweeeet.
    Precisely this. Efflo will demand when you use SM instead of low hp oh shit button.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Well the class ring would be the issue, which you can just swap out for another legendary (or just accept that this ring puts more power into what SM enables rather than the actual heal.), and move on. With t20 4p you would want to maximize buff uptime, so you would end up having it on cd, rather than not wanting to use it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but still doesn't solve the issue of using our "emergency heal" for aoe, dumb design.

10+ Year Old Account
    New tier set boni are in. Apparently buffing passive healing now. Yseras healing doesnt typically add up for much. I guess our NH boni were too strong. Everything seems to pale in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    With t20 4p you would want to maximize buff uptime, so you would end up having it on cd, rather than not wanting to use it.
    Which is the really shitty part. Instead of using swiftmend as needed or on targets with low hp we will basically be forced to use it on cd regardless. No low.hp targets? Too bad max 4 piece at the expense of.2 piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but still doesn't solve the issue of using our "emergency heal" for aoe, dumb design.
    Yea its poor synergy and wasnt really well though out. Keep the two piece but tie the 4 piece to something like wildgrowth. Synrgizes better.imho
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 21 bonuses. I don't even, what is this? Why do we always seemingly get boring, passive bonuses? The T19 4 set was boring, sure it was a good bonus, but there was nothing interactive about it. The T20 bonus is atleast more interactive, but this comes at a cost of not using an ability for its original design aswell as not being as much of a gain relative the T19 bonus.

Also, I know that as a healer passive bonuses are generally better, but assuming they are balanced correctly, I much prefer a bonus where I have to think about when I use X ability or such. I basically want a combination of the T19 throughput, with the interactivity of the T20 minus the "using an ability for something it was not originally intended for".

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for reference:

Item - Druid T21 Restoration 2P Bonus - Ysera's Gift now applies Dreamer to the target, healing them for (40% of Spell power) over 8 sec.
    Item - Druid T21 Restoration 4P Bonus - When you cast Wild Growth, you have a 101% chance to cause Ysera's Gift to heal a target 320% more frequently for 10 sec.

I really hope that they make it so that Ysera's gift doesn't re-heal someone who already has Dreamer on them if there is another damaged target. It seems like we would loose a lot of Dreamer applications to refreshing the Hot on ourselves during raid wide burst, or constant AoE dmg.

With this current tuning, the 2p would give us a free 8sec hot to an injured target within 100 yards that is 1/3 as powerful as Cultivation on an injured target every 5 seconds.

The 4 piece would make it so that Ysera's gift heals every 1.19 seconds for 10 seconds every time we cast wild growth, potentially putting out 8 hots in that 10 minute period. I assume it works with mastery so that'll have some decent synergy there. Also decent synergy with Flourish and EoG.
    Last edited by Leafcast; 2017-07-19 at 05:17 AM.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

Heal itself sounds incredible weak, but it's a mastery stack I guess, which is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    The 4 piece would make it so that Ysera's gift heals every 1.56 seconds for 10 seconds every time we cast wild growth, potentially putting out 6 hots in that 10 minute period. I assume it works with mastery so that'll have some decent synergy there. Also decent synergy with Flourish and EoG.
    It would be every 1.19 seconds. 320% more = 420% total. E.g., 100% more would not be a 0% increase, it would be double.

if it works like spring blossoms and assigns the healing to maximize the number of hots out, then I can feel ok about this set, but if it's just going to be worthless on any fight with ticking damage where you can't be sure you'll be topped off, it;ll be pretty mediocre

Deleted
    On my little opinion t19 is better or at least equal then t21 in its current ptr design when i keep the intelligence-difference in mind (which is big). Its the same like it is now compared to t20, which is -to be honest- a funny little joke. Blizzard has the goal to always let us use gear with the best itemlevel which should be best in slot over any gear with lower itemlevel. Thats there design concept in Legion and they stated that multiple times.

Think about this for a moment.

And now give you this:

The worldboss trinket is better then trinkets even 40 gs or more higher.

The back from karazhan which i got after endless trys on titanforged 895 with socked is with the new macro (after the nerf) compareable (I have 27%crit) with a 935 back.

T19 is far better then T20. Will never use it. Even if blizzard buffs T20 and nerfs T19. We are Trees. We are all about Rejuvenation. Relics with 1sec more to Reju are better over other Relics with the same itemlevel for a reason.

In my opinion Resto has to put a lot of useless thrash with better itemlevel on there bank just for the reason of showing a high gearscore in the raidingtool (lol). In reality my gear is far worse then whats stated there but has a better output.

The problem is what ever blizz will do to change this fact it will nerf us to the ground i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Looking at your logs (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=16), you really want darkmoon deck: promises. Makes your spells cost 2k mana less on average, that's insane value on long fights. 40 spells per minute in 5 minutes = 400k extra mana. Fucking magic. Especially for druids.

Having a retri for wisdom is also really damn good. And you might want to use a mana pot, even the instant 160k mana one is better than nothing if you can't afk 10s for leytorrent.

Looking at your casts (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=16), you should definitely use flourish more than 3 times in 7 minutes. As well as missing out on two tranqs and innervates (that solves a lot of your mana headaches).

Lifebloom uptime is rather low, it's not a big deal, but free regrowths every now and then feel good (also saves mana).

Don't forget to use prolonged power on pull

Most (basically all) of the "how the fuck can they heal so damn much" logs (like https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Restoration) follow the same rules: velens, shoulders, 4p t19, darkmoon deck: promises, retri wisdom, innervate on cd (bonus points for moonkin innervate(s), that also gives you haste), using mana pots, definitely going for germination and rejuvenating everyone and everything.

Just look at the analysis of the top maiden mythic log and see how much velens, shoulders and t19 are providing... https://druid-legendary-analyser.her...H2raz&fight=30

Or more relevant the best Sisters log: https://druid-legendary-analyser.her...rDVfG8&fight=1. As you can see (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=4&spell=100), he got 561k mana from wisdom, 240k mana from leytorrent and 409k mana from the darkmoon deck: promises. Literally had more than twice as much mana as yourself. His Wild Growths heal as much as yours, despite not half of them being empowered by 75% from your SotF :P

More mana -> more rejuvs -> more mastery stacks on everyone -> much bigger heals. Once you solve the mana issue, the sky is the limit (woah that sounds edgy).
    Thanks. It's posts like this that tell me: see stupid, it's more than just rejuv pew pew.

External mana is big, but it's far from "twice as much mana". Most of your mana will come from the baseline regen.

Is the lego chest affecting the set bonus somehow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    External mana is big, but it's far from "twice as much mana". Most of your mana will come from the baseline regen.
    Is still a whole mana bar granted from external sources that you might not have access to. It makes a cosmic difference anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Is the lego chest affecting the set bonus somehow?
    It would have an effect on the healing from Ysera's Gift itself, so each healing would do 5.25% instead of 3% of the druid's total health, Making the 8 tics after Wild growth do 40% total healing instead of 24%. It would not have any effect on the Dreamer Hot.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore