Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Really I'd just love for the legendaries to alter our builds, but none of them do...they all work with our only optimal build and enhance it greatly...new chest will change it slightly but it would just add a button every 30ish seconds. So it wouldn't change the build too much. That's where I think they missed the mark with legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Not sure how its an advantage..We do one set thing, thats it. We cant talent for more AoE, cant talent for more ST. Its just plain bad class design.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe your guild should use the AoE raid one. We drop one before every boss.
    I'm with Saybel on this one.

One of my biggest complaints with the a typical class talent tree is that there is the need to swap talents depending on the situation. That is also bad design.

It used to be certain tools were in the toolkit, and, while certain classes excelled at one thing, another class excelled at another.

The way DK is right now, I take solace in knowing our cleave is top rate, our single target is good, and I'm going to get blown out on AOE fights.

I'm fine with that, and prefer this to swapping every boss fight so I can press a new button and magically do more damage. That, to me, is just annoying. It's basically saying: you can be good at whatever, just make sure your talent set-up is right.

I much prefer where we are with BoS and not having to respec every fight. I'd love better balance, of course, or I would like more tools in the toolkit.

The way talents work right now, it's just, oh, what fight am I doing? Let me respec. Naah - it'd be cooler if the class had the tools and used the tools when they needed to use them, instead of spec for the tools they need depending on the fight. I'd find that to be more compelling.

That's just my opinion on it, and I can respect what you're saying. I think either way, right now, it's bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    is there a good build that doesn't take breath? I hate not being able to fill all GCDs
    No /10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    I'm with Saybel on this one.

One of my biggest complaints with the a typical class talent tree is that there is the need to swap talents depending on the situation. That is also bad design.

It used to be certain tools were in the toolkit, and, while certain classes excelled at one thing, another class excelled at another.

The way DK is right now, I take solace in knowing our cleave is top rate, our single target is good, and I'm going to get blown out on AOE fights.

I'm fine with that, and prefer this to swapping every boss fight so I can press a new button and magically do more damage. That, to me, is just annoying. It's basically saying: you can be good at whatever, just make sure your talent set-up is right.

I much prefer where we are with BoS and not having to respec every fight. I'd love better balance, of course, or I would like more tools in the toolkit.

The way talents work right now, it's just, oh, what fight am I doing? Let me respec. Naah - it'd be cooler if the class had the tools and used the tools when they needed to use them, instead of spec for the tools they need depending on the fight. I'd find that to be more compelling.

That's just my opinion on it, and I can respect what you're saying. I think either way, right now, it's bad design.
    Êarlier i wanted to have more options. Then i played a spec with options and it was super annoying to switch talents soooo often.

So now i am fine with one spec as long as it has nice gameplay and performs well.

And frost DK performs really well AND has nice gameplay. I better dont want anything to change and keep it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah I greatly dislike BoS, would enjoy a build that didn't require it without sacrificing 150k dps.
    The reason I re-rolled Fury warrior after heroic Nighthold..... Have not looked back.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    The reason I re-rolled Fury warrior after heroic Nighthold..... Have not looked back.
    I enjoy everything else about Frost though, I just dislike BoS. The class feels fun inbetween the CD of BoS.

Deleted
    The class is pretty lacking in between BoS and has issues with resource capping when you wearing the legendary belt. The belt becomes a really nice bonus when usually your resources are pretty low after breath, which during it's uptime does huge damage.

If you're wanting to get rid of BoS as a playstyle, outside of bracers, I can't see what else could be managed/created to make any other spec as interesting or viable. Ofc interesting is pretty subjective.

my original idea from Beta was to completely scrap Obliteration for a different talent

Fury of Frostmourne
    Instant
    1.5 minute Cooldown
    Requires Death Knight (Frost)

harness the power of Frostmourne for 20 seconds transforming your weapon(s) into Fostmourne for the duration while empowering the Death Knights abilities.

Obliterate - 25% of damage done as a DoT that deal frost damage over 6 seconds (this effect stacks)
    Frost Strike - causes Hypothermia to instantly deal damage
    Remorseless Winter - increases the death Knights movement speed and versatility 15%
    Frostscythe - causes Hypothermia to instantly deal damage
    Howling Blast - Snares targets for 50% movement speed and generates 5 additional Runic Power
    Anti-Magic Shell - generates 50% more runic power per magic dmg absorbed
    Wraith Walk - instantly shifts the death knight 15-20 yrds forward

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The real problem is the mobility, raid leads need to prepare their strat around DKs basically doing as little mechanics as possible to maintain the damage to reach the dps checks. I am kind of surprised blizzard didn't realize how dumb they were for making DK mobility as bad as it is...but hey class fantasy amirite?
    I main a warrior now and I can honestly say that for every situation where charge/heroic leap allowed me to cheese something, there is an equivalent situation where AMS/mirror ball allowed me to cheese something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    The only other build is Machinegun, which isn't nearly as good. What do you mean by not being able to fill all of your GCDs? Breath is pretty constant button pressing. Especially DURING Breath, when you'll be spamming Obliterate and Rime procs mercilessly.
    And even outside of Breath you also have plenty of resources to fill basically every GCD, because you need to "manually" spend your RP rather than having it drained automatically through Breath, because you're still playing the same high resource (re)generation build, just without the big resource drain active.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    I main a warrior now and I can honestly say that for every situation where charge/heroic leap allowed me to cheese something, there is an equivalent situation where AMS/mirror ball allowed me to cheese something.
    I don't even bother attempting to maneuver the 2nd consecutive Arcanetic ring. Pure Gouda for me right there

As for topic, BoS Frost is still pretty decent DPS when BoS is on CD; there's still some challenge and a reward for getting your GS stack high
    Last edited by wooootles; 2017-05-31 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I don't even bother attempting to maneuver the 2nd consecutive Arcanetic ring. Pure Gouda for me right there

As for topic, BoS Frost is still pretty decent DPS when BoS is on CD; there's still some challenge and a reward for getting your GS stack high
    Agreed. Augur is another one - My guild's currently prog'ing on Augur Mythic (yes, it's late but we lost 6 weeks to roster boss) and with 3 Frostknights we actually get a lot of extra wiggle room in Frost and Fel phases because you can just dump the Ejections with AMS. It's fantastique.