Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Excellent finale of an excellent series. Small issues out of the way:
    - Trevor finding that Death killing dagger was too convenient, and it seems was the only reason for Targoviste plot line
    - him surviving was kinda meh, but the main trio is so damn likeable that I actually don't mind it
    - Isaac doing a 180 between seasons was odd, but I was glad he did since his behaviour in S3 was idiotic
    - Vlad getting happy ending after killing thousands was meh

But beside that, it was all great. The action and animation were absolutely stellar, Carmilla fight is my fav. But what impressed me the most in entire show and what I see little mentions about were the dialogues. I never seen conversations this natural. No jarring exposition, no grandiose speeches. Characters exchange witty bants, provoked brute doesn't lash out but holds his nerve, vampire lady explaining frustration about current situation rendering her skills useless etc. Even goddamn Death used loads of sarcasm and wit in his speeches, no cliche one-liners (beside that one scene). First time in ages I didn't have to fast forward due obnoxious/boring dialogues, because even small talk was captivating.

Can't wait for spin-offs.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 03:55 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Wish we got a little more closure on Isaac's character, but overall a great ending. Kinda hope they do more Castlevania at some point, but with different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Season 4 was alot better as season 3 was i would even say it had tomuch action.
    Less boring talking and Alucard didnt went the emo path.
    Alot of eastereggs and the Camilla fight was well done, i liked the room filling up with blood.
    i felt like the overall plot was mediocre, it started out ok but was let down by a very weak ending imho, some of the action scenes were very poorly animated/drawn, and some of the general background characters were very poorly animated, i know it's going for a specific type of aesthetic but some of the artwork is very poor quality in some places which made me drop my immersion a bit at times, but overall i would say it was an enjoyable watch all things considered.

retired march 2013 RIP - returned january 2016, purely because paladins finally get Ashbringer!

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Wish we got a little more closure on Isaac's character, but overall a great ending. Kinda hope they do more Castlevania at some point, but with different characters.
    Spin-offs alr confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I wasn't super excited for this season because season 3 was just a bit bad. But this season was fantastic.

Sad to hear that this is the last season. The Forgemasters storyline feels incomplete. Thats really the only negative.
    Yeah, as much as I loved this season, it seemed like they had to rush that storyline since they only had 1 season. They kind of just threw away the Hector and Lenore story and gave as much closure to it as they could.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2021-05-16 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah but like, if Varney was actually Death and his goal was to bring Dracula back why was he hanging around that city? I don't think that Targoviste ended up playing into his plans at all? He just needed the mirror to get to the castle but I don't really see why he had to get there via mirror. Nothing in Targofiste actually contributed to the 'res dracula' plan from what I can remember. Technically death didn't even need to get to the castle at all as Germain seemed to have things covered in terms of the ritual.
    If I had to venture a guess, distance plus a bit of a playing a role. I think the plan from Germain's perspective was to bring the vampire enclave in Targoviste to the castle as reinforcements. There is a large distance between Targoviste and Dracula's castle. I think Varney stepping through the mirror alone was just a matter of the fight in the Hidden Court going poorly, he probably assumed the Russian vampire would win the fight against Belmont and Sypha.

Honestly the bigger mystery is why did Death reveal himself at all to Germain while he was still doing the ceremony. It wasn't until Death revealed himself that Germain had doubts. And oddly enough Death didn't seem like he needed validation or have a need to reveal a "got-ya" on anyone. Varney was a character that he played to trick people into doing things he needs; Death seemed calm and collected and not really one for grandstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah, as much as I loved this season, it seemed like they had to rush that storyline since they only had 1 season. They kind of just threw away the Hector and Lenore story and gave as much closure to it as they could.
    They gave us a lot of character development in S3 so Isaacs decision in S4 didn't seem unreasonable, but after the big battle... we didn't get anything else from Isaac which he seemed to have big plans for something... and well Hector's decision to just relax was very much dependent on Lenore. So the series really ends on a giant open ended plot for both of them.

They gave us a lot of character development in S3 so Isaacs decision in S4 didn't seem unreasonable, but after the big battle... we didn't get anything else from Isaac which he seemed to have big plans for something... and well Hector's decision to just relax was very much dependent on Lenore. So the series really ends on a giant open ended plot for both of them.
    Honestly, surprised how many chars survived: the trio, Hector and Isaac, vampire ladies lovers (shame most interesting sudoku'd). Setting up spin-off material maybe? Netflix said it won't be straight spin-off though, and Castlevania got plenty more material.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The whole reveal of who that London Mayor vampire was came completely out if no where...

It's literally a drop 'what??' moment.
    That was another good easter egg from the curse if darkness castlevania game. You control Hector in that game and the death appearance twist was similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    That was another good easter egg from the curse if darkness castlevania game. You control Hector in that game and the death appearance twist was similar.
    Dunno if Easter egg is good explanation for a major S4 character, his set-up was rushed. Also, he seemed to be powerful AF, yet still Vlad underling? Ye I know it's how it was in the games, but still. Love he wasn't spouting usual big bad entity shit, he was sarcastic and entertaining
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Honestly, surprised how many chars survived: the trio, Hector and Isaac, vampire ladies lovers (shame most interesting sudoku'd). Setting up spin-off material maybe? Netflix said it won't be straight spin-off though, and Castlevania got plenty more material.
    There is a ton of spinoff material. I would think Isaac's low key plan to convert the night creatures to a more human (maybe i should say humane) existence would directly conflict with the Trio and their experiences. That seems mainline Castlevania to me.

Regardless I really hope they do more with the Forgemasters story. While it was one of the slower stories in S2 and S3, damn do I want more of that now.

There is a ton of spinoff material. I would think Isaac's low key plan to convert the night creatures to a more human (maybe i should say humane) existence would directly conflict with the Trio and their experiences. That seems mainline Castlevania to me.

Regardless I really hope they do more with the Forgemasters story. While it was one of the slower stories in S2 and S3, damn do I want more of that now.
    I mean, that one scholar Nightcreature would be able to, but the rest seemed not that intelligent. Also it would be very boring plot line IMO.

They could also do a prequel to current story.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 09:12 PM.

Another good season, hopefully we can get more game into animation adaptations like this.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I mean, that one scholar Nightcreature would be able to, but the rest seemed not that intelligent. Also it would be very boring plot line IMO.

They could also do a prequel to current story.
    Idk, he seemed to have 4 or 5 highly capable, probably very intelligent creatures he used when he did his main attack. Not to mention we saw that talking creature communicate with the other night creatures, so it seems they aren't completely dumb and capable of a decent level of thought for even the base throwaway guys.

Loved the new season, and if what was mentioned above that there was supposed to also be a 5th season that got slashed, it explains why parts felt rushed or that something was missing. Anyway, some opinions:
    Trevor was brilliant throughout the entire season and he really got to show what a childhood of getting taught to hunt and kill monsters results in.
    The entirety of Alucards S3 arc might as well not have happened and that annoys me. But I liked what he had to offer in S4, so I'm not angry at it.
    They revealed the truth about Saint Germain too early. Would have loved if they slowly fed you the change over the first few episodes instead of one big exposition dump.
    I loved Varney and everything around him. Definitely my favorite of the S3 and S4 newcomers.
    Holy crap the music in this season was incredible. Pretty sure they used more from the games (Alucard jumping off the castle to scare some kids for example sounds quite similar to one of the games soundtracks.) Really went out big in the sound department.
    The climatic fights were all real good, though the final battle could strain a bit on the eyes, but that honestly just added to the intensity.
    I didn't like that it was a happy ending to so much of the main cast, including the villains. Felt really off when thinking of how S3 ended and how the world has been established up to this point.
    So... did Germain die or did Trevor just assume? Also, learned nothing of Germain's friend and made his entire plot kinda... not nessesary if not for saving Trevor as Death and dagger go boom.
    Sypha continues to just be a joy, and her blowing up during the "2 weeks ago" part was hillarious... Heck, the entire season was hillarious.
    So... Team Belmont never got to interact in any way, shape or form with Carmilla and that annoys me. Maybe they would if the season was split into S4 and S5, but that will just be speculation.
    And finally: Please say we get to see more with other Belmonts, even if there has to be a suspeciously similar substitute to Drac as the villain , as Drac doesn't seem to want to run around being all bad guy like anymore. Sure, this is the series finale to Castlevania, but it could open up for the sequel series, Castlevania: Simon's Quest, right? Right?

Also, so apparently the studio is to make a DMC series which WoG has said will be in the same universe as Castlevania, so wonder how those two will tie together.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another good season, hopefully we can get more game into animation adaptations like this.
    Wondering if that Metroid adaptation is on the table still. Was rumored to be next after Castlevania wrapped up; but that was before additional seasons were greenlit.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    arently the studio is to make a DMC series which WoG has said will be in the same universe as Castlevania, so wonder how those two will tie together.
    That...is a bizarre idea. These two are in vastly different timelines etc. Would require some serious bending to make them fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Still didn't see it yet, but the studio did a different animation called Blood of Zeus,

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Wondering if that Metroid adaptation is on the table still. Was rumored to be next after Castlevania wrapped up; but that was before additional seasons were greenlit.
    Could be, i know there's a Resident Evil, Splinter cell, Cuphead, Cyberpunk, Devil may Cry and a final fantasy one coming.

Nintendo also wants to do more but guessing that would be more aimed at kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Still didn't see it yet, but the studio did a different animation called Blood of Zeus,
    Watched it it was an okay show really, in line with the gore and violence you see here in Castlevania
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    The entirety of Alucards S3 arc might as well not have happened and that annoys me. But I liked what he had to offer in S4, so I'm not angry at it.
    I disagree, I think this season actually gave last seasons Alucard's arc meaning. He realized that if he sits around his castle that no one will see him as anything but a monster like his father. This is affirmed multiple times where he complains he is "becoming like Belmont", who was famously closed off to helping others and was just a traveling drunk. It's also shown when he stands in front of his castle and he has a bunch of people/creatures on stakes out front that people aren't going to be scared off by the theatrics.
    It also strengthens his friend ship with Belmont and Sypha, he has a "Blood is thicker than water" revelation that the people he is connected to through the strife they have been facing are true friends. He has this in the forest with the villagers while they are making their way back to the castle as well as the rider that rode for his castle. It strengthened his connection with Greta and the whole village.

S3 was very important to Alucard's development, if not for it he would have went from complete closeted shut in that is afraid of the outside world to town savior and human for no reason at all. It's because of the events of S3 and early S4 that the change makes sense.

Dunno if Easter egg is good explanation for a major S4 character, his set-up was rushed. Also, he seemed to be powerful AF, yet still Vlad underling? Ye I know it's how it was in the games, but still. Love he wasn't spouting usual big bad entity shit, he was sarcastic and entertaining
    In fact even in games he wasn't his underling at all. I still remember reading one of the old castlevania games manual they described him as one of his oldest ally and friend. Not sure if this is canon or retconned later on but that was from the old games stuff (either Symphony of the Night or bloodlines? I can't remember anymore sorry).

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, I think this season actually gave last seasons Alucard's arc meaning. He realized that if he sits around his castle that no one will see him as anything but a monster like his father. This is affirmed multiple times where he complains he is "becoming like Belmont", who was famously closed off to helping others and was just a traveling drunk. It's also shown when he stands in front of his castle and he has a bunch of people/creatures on stakes out front that people aren't going to be scared off by the theatrics.
    It also strengthens his friend ship with Belmont and Sypha, he has a "Blood is thicker than water" revelation that the people he is connected to through the strife they have been facing are true friends. He has this in the forest with the villagers while they are making their way back to the castle as well as the rider that rode for his castle. It strengthened his connection with Greta and the whole village.

S3 was very important to Alucard's development, if not for it he would have went from complete closeted shut in that is afraid of the outside world to town savior and human for no reason at all. It's because of the events of S3 and early S4 that the change makes sense.
    I want to see a 1 vs 1 fight between a healthy 100% untrapped Carmilla Vs Vlad Tepes Dracula full health and well fed at no holding back...man the clash will be so epic.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Season 4 was alot better as season 3 was i would even say it had tomuch action.
    Less boring talking and Alucard didnt went the emo path.
    Alot of eastereggs and the Camilla fight was well done, i liked the room filling up with blood.
    Without spoiling myself, this gives me hope. I'll give Season 4 a chance now!
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    "I need to boycott Blizzard!! I know, I'll go play an MMORPG made by Amazon instead! Hurr durr!"