Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Loved the new season, and if what was mentioned above that there was supposed to also be a 5th season that got slashed, it explains why parts felt rushed or that something was missing. Anyway, some opinions:
    Trevor was brilliant throughout the entire season and he really got to show what a childhood of getting taught to hunt and kill monsters results in.
    The entirety of Alucards S3 arc might as well not have happened and that annoys me. But I liked what he had to offer in S4, so I'm not angry at it.
    They revealed the truth about Saint Germain too early. Would have loved if they slowly fed you the change over the first few episodes instead of one big exposition dump.
    I loved Varney and everything around him. Definitely my favorite of the S3 and S4 newcomers.
    Holy crap the music in this season was incredible. Pretty sure they used more from the games (Alucard jumping off the castle to scare some kids for example sounds quite similar to one of the games soundtracks.) Really went out big in the sound department.
    The climatic fights were all real good, though the final battle could strain a bit on the eyes, but that honestly just added to the intensity.
    I didn't like that it was a happy ending to so much of the main cast, including the villains. Felt really off when thinking of how S3 ended and how the world has been established up to this point.
    So... did Germain die or did Trevor just assume? Also, learned nothing of Germain's friend and made his entire plot kinda... not nessesary if not for saving Trevor as Death and dagger go boom.
    Sypha continues to just be a joy, and her blowing up during the "2 weeks ago" part was hillarious... Heck, the entire season was hillarious.
    So... Team Belmont never got to interact in any way, shape or form with Carmilla and that annoys me. Maybe they would if the season was split into S4 and S5, but that will just be speculation.
    And finally: Please say we get to see more with other Belmonts, even if there has to be a suspeciously similar substitute to Drac as the villain , as Drac doesn't seem to want to run around being all bad guy like anymore. Sure, this is the series finale to Castlevania, but it could open up for the sequel series, Castlevania: Simon's Quest, right? Right?

Also, so apparently the studio is to make a DMC series which WoG has said will be in the same universe as Castlevania, so wonder how those two will tie together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another good season, hopefully we can get more game into animation adaptations like this.
    Wondering if that Metroid adaptation is on the table still. Was rumored to be next after Castlevania wrapped up; but that was before additional seasons were greenlit.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    arently the studio is to make a DMC series which WoG has said will be in the same universe as Castlevania, so wonder how those two will tie together.
    That...is a bizarre idea. These two are in vastly different timelines etc. Would require some serious bending to make them fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another good season, hopefully we can get more game into animation adaptations like this.
    Still didn't see it yet, but the studio did a different animation called Blood of Zeus,
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Wondering if that Metroid adaptation is on the table still. Was rumored to be next after Castlevania wrapped up; but that was before additional seasons were greenlit.
    Could be, i know there's a Resident Evil, Splinter cell, Cuphead, Cyberpunk, Devil may Cry and a final fantasy one coming.

Nintendo also wants to do more but guessing that would be more aimed at kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Still didn't see it yet, but the studio did a different animation called Blood of Zeus,
    Watched it it was an okay show really, in line with the gore and violence you see here in Castlevania
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    The entirety of Alucards S3 arc might as well not have happened and that annoys me. But I liked what he had to offer in S4, so I'm not angry at it.
    I disagree, I think this season actually gave last seasons Alucard's arc meaning. He realized that if he sits around his castle that no one will see him as anything but a monster like his father. This is affirmed multiple times where he complains he is "becoming like Belmont", who was famously closed off to helping others and was just a traveling drunk. It's also shown when he stands in front of his castle and he has a bunch of people/creatures on stakes out front that people aren't going to be scared off by the theatrics.
    It also strengthens his friend ship with Belmont and Sypha, he has a "Blood is thicker than water" revelation that the people he is connected to through the strife they have been facing are true friends. He has this in the forest with the villagers while they are making their way back to the castle as well as the rider that rode for his castle. It strengthened his connection with Greta and the whole village.

S3 was very important to Alucard's development, if not for it he would have went from complete closeted shut in that is afraid of the outside world to town savior and human for no reason at all. It's because of the events of S3 and early S4 that the change makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if Easter egg is good explanation for a major S4 character, his set-up was rushed. Also, he seemed to be powerful AF, yet still Vlad underling? Ye I know it's how it was in the games, but still. Love he wasn't spouting usual big bad entity shit, he was sarcastic and entertaining
    In fact even in games he wasn't his underling at all. I still remember reading one of the old castlevania games manual they described him as one of his oldest ally and friend. Not sure if this is canon or retconned later on but that was from the old games stuff (either Symphony of the Night or bloodlines? I can't remember anymore sorry).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I disagree, I think this season actually gave last seasons Alucard's arc meaning. He realized that if he sits around his castle that no one will see him as anything but a monster like his father. This is affirmed multiple times where he complains he is "becoming like Belmont", who was famously closed off to helping others and was just a traveling drunk. It's also shown when he stands in front of his castle and he has a bunch of people/creatures on stakes out front that people aren't going to be scared off by the theatrics.
    It also strengthens his friend ship with Belmont and Sypha, he has a "Blood is thicker than water" revelation that the people he is connected to through the strife they have been facing are true friends. He has this in the forest with the villagers while they are making their way back to the castle as well as the rider that rode for his castle. It strengthened his connection with Greta and the whole village.

S3 was very important to Alucard's development, if not for it he would have went from complete closeted shut in that is afraid of the outside world to town savior and human for no reason at all. It's because of the events of S3 and early S4 that the change makes sense.
    I want to see a 1 vs 1 fight between a healthy 100% untrapped Carmilla Vs Vlad Tepes Dracula full health and well fed at no holding back...man the clash will be so epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Season 4 was alot better as season 3 was i would even say it had tomuch action.
    Less boring talking and Alucard didnt went the emo path.
    Alot of eastereggs and the Camilla fight was well done, i liked the room filling up with blood.
    Without spoiling myself, this gives me hope. I'll give Season 4 a chance now!

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I want to see a 1 vs 1 fight between a healthy 100% untrapped Carmilla Vs Vlad Tepes Dracula full health and well fed at no holding back...man the clash will be so epic.
    No holding back? That battle would last less than a second.

Spin-offs alr confirmed.
    Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Metroid adaption;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No holding back? That battle would last less than a second.
    Dracula will win no doubt but I do think it will be an interesting awesome fight for sure.

My only real complaint is the final scene.

Dracula and Lisa being given new bodies out of nowhere? What? And why is Dracula of all people getting this second chance? Is Lisa just turning a blind eye to the thousands if not more people he murdered? Saint Germain's girlfriend turns her back on him at the end but DRACULA gets a pass? No I'm sorry he does not deserve a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    My only real complaint is the final scene.

Dracula and Lisa being given new bodies out of nowhere? What? And why is Dracula of all people getting this second chance? Is Lisa just turning a blind eye to the thousands if not more people he murdered? Saint Germain's girlfriend turns her back on him at the end but DRACULA gets a pass? No I'm sorry he does not deserve a happy ending.
    Lisa tried to help humans/humanity, and as a thank you she got a sham process and burned at the stake. She might hold a grutch and not be too saddened about so many dying. Dracula has been snapped out of his grief and anger, fully aware that he overdid things. Lisa knew full well what Dracula was (a member of a species that sees humans as food at best) and what he could/would do, so nothing he did suprised her. They cannot change what happened or what others did so they decided to move on, together.
    St. Germain does not have any of that. He was neither unhinged by madness, he never moved on during years/decades of search for the Corridor, nor did he stop when Death revealed the truth to him. It is no suprise to me that his girlfriend was appaled by his actions and turned her back on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Lisa tried to help humans/humanity, and as a thank you she got a sham process and burned at the stake. She might hold a grutch and not be too saddened about so many dying. Dracula has been snapped out of his grief and anger, fully aware that he overdid things. Lisa knew full well what Dracula was (a member of a species that sees humans as food at best) and what he could/would do, so nothing he did suprised her. They cannot change what happened or what others did so they decided to move on, together.
    St. Germain does not have any of that. He was neither unhinged by madness, he never moved on during years/decades of search for the Corridor, nor did he stop when Death revealed the truth to him. It is no suprise to me that his girlfriend was appaled by his actions and turned her back on him.
    My main issue is I don't think Dracula earned a second chance. He snapped out of what he was doing because he realized he was killing his son but that was it. He did nothing to atone for what he'd done, didn't even seem to show remorse for anything except trying to kill Alucard. It just felt like the series wanted to force an unearned happy ending on him. It wasn't even like something he did on an angry whim the guy had a whole year to put his revenge plan together before he started.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main issue is I don't think Dracula earned a second chance. He snapped out of what he was doing because he realized he was killing his son but that was it. He did nothing to atone for what he'd done, didn't even seem to show remorse for anything except trying to kill Alucard. It just felt like the series wanted to force an unearned happy ending on him. It wasn't even like something he did on an angry whim the guy had a whole year to put his revenge plan together before he started.

Dracula coming back is canon. It is part of the franchise story that he keeps coming back so it wasnt just gameplay mechanic in the games but also part of the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dracula coming back is canon. It is part of the franchise story that he keeps coming back so it wasnt just gameplay mechanic in the games but also part of the story.
    Part of the story so they could keep making sequels. It idoes not translate into a show that has a definitive beginning and ending and is no explanation of why he was "forgiven". He got a scot-free happy ending after what he did where he and his wife pretend like nothing happened and that was weak.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-17 at 08:36 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/32/Vampire

https://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate

hellsing ultimate,if you like vampires,you have to check this out,it doesnt get more gritty and not cute lol
    Hellsing Ultimate is a bloodbath rollercoaster, lol. Def a personal favorite. Blood Plus is decent too and Trinity Blood if you can dig the "Trigun meets Castlevania" vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he got off scot free. He and his wife were literally plucked out of Hell by St. Germain in order to construct the Rebis. That their souls were freed doesn't necessarily mean they've gained unearned redemption but most assuredly means Satan and the minions of Hell will be coming to collect. If the series is picked up for a new chapter, expect them to be hunted down.

- - - Updated - - -

That...is a bizarre idea. These two are in vastly different timelines etc. Would require some serious bending to make them fit.
    - - - Updated - - -

Not just vastly different timelines, but two entirely different video game parent companies altogether. DMC is a Capcom IP while Castlevania is Konami's. Don't get me wrong, I'd be down for a crossover, but it's always a challenge making one when the franchises belong to different studios.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2021-05-17 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the story so they could keep making sequels. It idoes not translate into a show that has a definitive beginning and ending and is no explanation of why he was "forgiven". He got a scot-free happy ending after what he did where he and his wife pretend like nothing happened and that was weak.
    There is no need for a reason why he is forgiven really he wasn't super bad villain. Yes what he did was horrible and so does the humans who wronged him really. You don't need someone to spoon feed you the reasons why he was forgiven because we all know he is not super duper bad.

It does totally translate into the show story very well. Syph being pregnant is a huge hint that the story might continue later on. Maybe not today maybe not tomorrow or even next year but it was a good teaser for future sequels and good to show the newer generations of Belmont family clan like Richter and Simon.

I know he comes back in the games, usually coming back after 100 years, sometimes being brought back early like in Synphony of the Night. But the lore and story here are vastly different and my issue isn't 'Dracula is back.' I had no issues with the plots to revive Dracula in the third and fourth seasons. My issue is that he's back, with no explanation (again the lore here is different from the games too), being given a second chance and seeming redemption...when he did not deserve said second chance and redemption. This isn't 'Dracula has returned from Hell to visit his blood vengeance upon humanity' it's 'Dracula is back to be lovey dovey with his wife that doesn't mind that he murdered thousands of people in her name.'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    Hellsing Ultimate is a bloodbath rollercoaster, lol. Def a personal favorite. Blood Plus is decent too and Trinity Blood if you can dig the "Trigun meets Castlevania" vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he got off scot free. He and his wife were literally plucked out of Hell by St. Germain in order to construct the Rebis. That their souls were freed doesn't necessarily mean they've gained unearned redemption but most assuredly means Satan and the minions of Hell will be coming to collect. If the series is picked up for a new chapter, expect them to be hunted down.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not just vastly different timelines, but two entirely different video game parent companies altogether. DMC is a Capcom IP while Castlevania is Konami's. Don't get me wrong, I'd be down for a crossover, but it's always a challenge making one when the franchises belong to different studios.
    This is the last season of this story arc. Maybe some spinoff will come around that will answer questions and actually hold Dracula to task for what he did, but this out of nowhere ending does not get credit for whatever spinoffs may or may not come down the line years from now that haven't been written yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know he comes back in the games, usually coming back after 100 years, sometimes being brought back early like in Synphony of the Night. But the lore and story here are vastly different and my issue isn't 'Dracula is back.' I had no issues with the plots to revive Dracula in the third and fourth seasons. My issue is that he's back, with no explanation (again the lore here is different from the games too), being given a second chance and seeming redemption...when he did not deserve said second chance and redemption. This isn't 'Dracula has returned from Hell to visit his blood vengeance upon humanity' it's 'Dracula is back to be lovey dovey with his wife that doesn't mind that he murdered thousands of people in her name.'

- - - Updated - - -

This is the last season of this story arc. Maybe some spinoff will come around that will answer questions and actually hold Dracula to task for what he did, but this out of nowhere ending does not get credit for whatever spinoffs may or may not come down the line years from now that haven't been written yet.

Everyone deserve a second chance really. Sorry but who are you to decided that he doesnt deserve a second chance? I mean yes what he did is horrible and wrong but are we ignoring the god damn fact that the same humans who he unleashed his wrath are the same ones who burned his wife alive?

The humans in the story are horrible (obviously not all of them but damn a lot of them). The same humans who banished the Belmont clan just because they fear them? the same humans who burned children and having fun into doing so? (talking about the season 3 priest where he hides the bones of the burned children beneath his church and home.

So yeah I do think what Dracula did was horrible but he deserves a second chance because everyone deserve a second chance really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it. Dracula and Lisa shouldn’t have been resurrected and given a happily ever after though. They should’ve stopped with the Trevor living reveal.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect