Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I want to see a 1 vs 1 fight between a healthy 100% untrapped Carmilla Vs Vlad Tepes Dracula full health and well fed at no holding back...man the clash will be so epic.
    No holding back? That battle would last less than a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Spin-offs alr confirmed.
    Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Wondering if that Metroid adaptation is on the table still. Was rumored to be next after Castlevania wrapped up; but that was before additional seasons were greenlit.
    Metroid adaption;

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No holding back? That battle would last less than a second.
    Dracula will win no doubt but I do think it will be an interesting awesome fight for sure.

My only real complaint is the final scene.

Dracula and Lisa being given new bodies out of nowhere? What? And why is Dracula of all people getting this second chance? Is Lisa just turning a blind eye to the thousands if not more people he murdered? Saint Germain's girlfriend turns her back on him at the end but DRACULA gets a pass? No I'm sorry he does not deserve a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    My only real complaint is the final scene.

Dracula and Lisa being given new bodies out of nowhere? What? And why is Dracula of all people getting this second chance? Is Lisa just turning a blind eye to the thousands if not more people he murdered? Saint Germain's girlfriend turns her back on him at the end but DRACULA gets a pass? No I'm sorry he does not deserve a happy ending.
    Lisa tried to help humans/humanity, and as a thank you she got a sham process and burned at the stake. She might hold a grutch and not be too saddened about so many dying. Dracula has been snapped out of his grief and anger, fully aware that he overdid things. Lisa knew full well what Dracula was (a member of a species that sees humans as food at best) and what he could/would do, so nothing he did suprised her. They cannot change what happened or what others did so they decided to move on, together.
    St. Germain does not have any of that. He was neither unhinged by madness, he never moved on during years/decades of search for the Corridor, nor did he stop when Death revealed the truth to him. It is no suprise to me that his girlfriend was appaled by his actions and turned her back on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Lisa tried to help humans/humanity, and as a thank you she got a sham process and burned at the stake. She might hold a grutch and not be too saddened about so many dying. Dracula has been snapped out of his grief and anger, fully aware that he overdid things. Lisa knew full well what Dracula was (a member of a species that sees humans as food at best) and what he could/would do, so nothing he did suprised her. They cannot change what happened or what others did so they decided to move on, together.
    St. Germain does not have any of that. He was neither unhinged by madness, he never moved on during years/decades of search for the Corridor, nor did he stop when Death revealed the truth to him. It is no suprise to me that his girlfriend was appaled by his actions and turned her back on him.
    My main issue is I don't think Dracula earned a second chance. He snapped out of what he was doing because he realized he was killing his son but that was it. He did nothing to atone for what he'd done, didn't even seem to show remorse for anything except trying to kill Alucard. It just felt like the series wanted to force an unearned happy ending on him. It wasn't even like something he did on an angry whim the guy had a whole year to put his revenge plan together before he started.

My main issue is I don't think Dracula earned a second chance. He snapped out of what he was doing because he realized he was killing his son but that was it. He did nothing to atone for what he'd done, didn't even seem to show remorse for anything except trying to kill Alucard. It just felt like the series wanted to force an unearned happy ending on him. It wasn't even like something he did on an angry whim the guy had a whole year to put his revenge plan together before he started.

Dracula coming back is canon. It is part of the franchise story that he keeps coming back so it wasnt just gameplay mechanic in the games but also part of the story.

Dracula coming back is canon. It is part of the franchise story that he keeps coming back so it wasnt just gameplay mechanic in the games but also part of the story.
    Part of the story so they could keep making sequels. It idoes not translate into a show that has a definitive beginning and ending and is no explanation of why he was "forgiven". He got a scot-free happy ending after what he did where he and his wife pretend like nothing happened and that was weak.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-17 at 08:36 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/32/Vampire

https://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate

hellsing ultimate,if you like vampires,you have to check this out,it doesnt get more gritty and not cute lol
    Hellsing Ultimate is a bloodbath rollercoaster, lol. Def a personal favorite. Blood Plus is decent too and Trinity Blood if you can dig the "Trigun meets Castlevania" vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he got off scot free. He and his wife were literally plucked out of Hell by St. Germain in order to construct the Rebis. That their souls were freed doesn't necessarily mean they've gained unearned redemption but most assuredly means Satan and the minions of Hell will be coming to collect. If the series is picked up for a new chapter, expect them to be hunted down.

- - - Updated - - -

That...is a bizarre idea. These two are in vastly different timelines etc. Would require some serious bending to make them fit.
    - - - Updated - - -

Not just vastly different timelines, but two entirely different video game parent companies altogether. DMC is a Capcom IP while Castlevania is Konami's. Don't get me wrong, I'd be down for a crossover, but it's always a challenge making one when the franchises belong to different studios.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2021-05-17 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind/Duskrime
    Diablo 3 Profile

Part of the story so they could keep making sequels. It idoes not translate into a show that has a definitive beginning and ending and is no explanation of why he was "forgiven". He got a scot-free happy ending after what he did where he and his wife pretend like nothing happened and that was weak.
    There is no need for a reason why he is forgiven really he wasn't super bad villain. Yes what he did was horrible and so does the humans who wronged him really. You don't need someone to spoon feed you the reasons why he was forgiven because we all know he is not super duper bad.

It does totally translate into the show story very well. Syph being pregnant is a huge hint that the story might continue later on. Maybe not today maybe not tomorrow or even next year but it was a good teaser for future sequels and good to show the newer generations of Belmont family clan like Richter and Simon.

I know he comes back in the games, usually coming back after 100 years, sometimes being brought back early like in Synphony of the Night. But the lore and story here are vastly different and my issue isn't 'Dracula is back.' I had no issues with the plots to revive Dracula in the third and fourth seasons. My issue is that he's back, with no explanation (again the lore here is different from the games too), being given a second chance and seeming redemption...when he did not deserve said second chance and redemption. This isn't 'Dracula has returned from Hell to visit his blood vengeance upon humanity' it's 'Dracula is back to be lovey dovey with his wife that doesn't mind that he murdered thousands of people in her name.'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    Hellsing Ultimate is a bloodbath rollercoaster, lol. Def a personal favorite. Blood Plus is decent too and Trinity Blood if you can dig the "Trigun meets Castlevania" vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he got off scot free. He and his wife were literally plucked out of Hell by St. Germain in order to construct the Rebis. That their souls were freed doesn't necessarily mean they've gained unearned redemption but most assuredly means Satan and the minions of Hell will be coming to collect. If the series is picked up for a new chapter, expect them to be hunted down.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Not just vastly different timelines, but two entirely different video game parent companies altogether. DMC is a Capcom IP while Castlevania is Konami's. Don't get me wrong, I'd be down for a crossover, but it's always a challenge making one when the franchises belong to different studios.
    This is the last season of this story arc. Maybe some spinoff will come around that will answer questions and actually hold Dracula to task for what he did, but this out of nowhere ending does not get credit for whatever spinoffs may or may not come down the line years from now that haven't been written yet.

I know he comes back in the games, usually coming back after 100 years, sometimes being brought back early like in Synphony of the Night. But the lore and story here are vastly different and my issue isn't 'Dracula is back.' I had no issues with the plots to revive Dracula in the third and fourth seasons. My issue is that he's back, with no explanation (again the lore here is different from the games too), being given a second chance and seeming redemption...when he did not deserve said second chance and redemption. This isn't 'Dracula has returned from Hell to visit his blood vengeance upon humanity' it's 'Dracula is back to be lovey dovey with his wife that doesn't mind that he murdered thousands of people in her name.'

- - - Updated - - -

This is the last season of this story arc. Maybe some spinoff will come around that will answer questions and actually hold Dracula to task for what he did, but this out of nowhere ending does not get credit for whatever spinoffs may or may not come down the line years from now that haven't been written yet.

Everyone deserve a second chance really. Sorry but who are you to decided that he doesnt deserve a second chance? I mean yes what he did is horrible and wrong but are we ignoring the god damn fact that the same humans who he unleashed his wrath are the same ones who burned his wife alive?

The humans in the story are horrible (obviously not all of them but damn a lot of them). The same humans who banished the Belmont clan just because they fear them? the same humans who burned children and having fun into doing so? (talking about the season 3 priest where he hides the bones of the burned children beneath his church and home.

So yeah I do think what Dracula did was horrible but he deserves a second chance because everyone deserve a second chance really.

Loved it. Dracula and Lisa shouldn’t have been resurrected and given a happily ever after though. They should’ve stopped with the Trevor living reveal.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Everyone deserve a second chance really. Sorry but who are you to decided that he doesnt deserve a second chance? I mean yes what he did is horrible and wrong but are we ignoring the god damn fact that the same humans who he unleashed his wrath are the same ones who burned his wife alive
    And who are you to decide that he does? Vlad minions were happily killing civilians (children included) since first season and you seem strangely forgiving about the matter. Nothing of that was addressed at the end.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-18 at 05:26 AM.

And who are you to decide that he does? Vlad minions were happily killing civilians (children included) since first season and you seem strangely forgiving about the matter. Nothing of that was addressed at the end.
    I am one who do know that based in real life experience that everyone without exceptions need a second chance. I am not strangely forgiven, I do admit it what Dracula and his minions did was horrible for sure but so does the humans in that universe really.

I am one who do know that based in real life experience that everyone without exceptions need a second chance. I am not strangely forgiven, I do admit it what Dracula and his minions did was horrible for sure but so does the humans in that universe really.
    Well then, wonder if it applies to certain serial killers/dictators of our world. No exceptions is no exceptions, after all.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-18 at 04:37 PM.

Well then, wonder if it applies to certain serial killers/dictators of our world. No exceptions is no exceptions, after all.
    The problem with serial killers and dictators that they never stop after doing one mistake. They do it over and over and over again until they reach the point of no return and no redemption at all.

Everyone deserve a second chance really. Sorry but who are you to decided that he doesnt deserve a second chance? I mean yes what he did is horrible and wrong but are we ignoring the god damn fact that the same humans who he unleashed his wrath are the same ones who burned his wife alive?

The humans in the story are horrible (obviously not all of them but damn a lot of them). The same humans who banished the Belmont clan just because they fear them? the same humans who burned children and having fun into doing so? (talking about the season 3 priest where he hides the bones of the burned children beneath his church and home.

So yeah I do think what Dracula did was horrible but he deserves a second chance because everyone deserve a second chance really.
    Lol WHAT?!

A few members of a corrupt church burn his wife at the stake and he wants to WIPE OUT ALL HUMANS. The only thing 99.99% of humanity shares with his wife's killers is that they're humans too. And Dracula set out on a plan to murder literally everyone, a plan that he even admits to himself will end in the extinction of vampires too when they run out of food sources.

If Dracula had gone to Targoviste and murdered the ones responsible, as Alucard suggested, then fine. But that's not what he did. The vast majority of people murdered by him and his armies had NOTHING to do with it.

Not only does he get a second chance but he gets off scott free. He murdered thousands and what, spent a few months in hell with is wife before being brought out?

No I'm sorry, murdering thousands of people and attempting to murder ALL THE PEOPLE is not something you can just sweep under the rug with an 'I'm sorry.'

It's not like he made one mistake and then repented, he planned this for a year before he started killing. It wasn't on off the cuff act of vengeance he regretted after. And he only stopped not because he realized killing humanity was wrong, but because he was killing his own son. So he stopped because it suddenly got personal for him.

And you can't just lump what the church does onto 'all humans' what kind of warped logic is that?

From what we see he's not even owning up to what he did and making amends. He's just running off with his wife to enjoy a new life rather than doing something to say, help the survivors of his acts of genocide.
    Last edited by Florena; 2021-05-18 at 09:11 PM.

the way I see it is that the person who is getting a second chance here is Lisa - who incidentally was done dirty in a first place, did nothing to deserve her death and has every right to get to actualy live out her life. Dracula doesn't really deserve one but it just so happens that she loves the asshole, so she gets to have him as part of her second chance.

that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

edited to add, she's likely going to make him help and make amends soon enough, she is that kind of person.

God this show was so bad ass