Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Took me ages to find this thread, might as well keep it consistent than start another Castlevania thread.

Also Season 3 trailer wooh

Season 3 is slow but totally worth it in the end. Those last episodes were fucking epic.

Episode 9 sort of ruined the whole season for me. Not sure if I want to watch the last episode.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Episode 9 felt a lot like "this worked for game of thrones, let's throw sex in JUST CUZ!" Hector's arc at least made more sense in this vein, but it still felt gratuitous.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Episode 9 felt a lot like "this worked for game of thrones, let's throw sex in JUST CUZ!"
    So does this mean that Warren Ellis has continued to add goat fucking to a beloved video game franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So does this mean that Warren Ellis has continued to add goat fucking to a beloved video game franchise?
    It is mentioned once during the season.

Another great season. Its not action packed but the dialogue and themes were super interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved all the new characters in this season, I felt like most of the season was spent introducing. But I didn;t feel like the story wasnt moving forward, I felt there was a nice flow I am interested in all the paths taken in this season and where it'll end up in the next.

Still a great show and cannot wait for the next one

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Another great season. Its not action packed but the dialogue and themes were super interesting
    This. I loved that this season seemed to focus way more on world building and character development; It's hard to feel sympathy for hector though, really, really hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    one minor thing that has been bugging me lately.

In season 1/2 they made it seem like the forgemasters bringing demons back took effort. I mean it took a whole year for Dracula to create his army.

Now all it takes is a simple stab and bam they create new demons?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It was a good season, lots of Easter Egg's which was a good thing. Legion, a bunch of monsters from the games. I really thought the Judge was Zead from Curse of Darkness. I am still waiting out on Grant's appearance, which I have a feeling he just wont show up. Saint Germain was great, I didn't even realize that it was Bill Nighy. As for Alucard, idk what they are going to do with him, seems like they want to make him like Dracula, hopefully Trevor and Sypha can snap him out of it. Hector, very disappointed but they might build him up later.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    This. I loved that this season seemed to focus way more on world building and character development; It's hard to feel sympathy for hector though, really, really hard.
    Is that because he was stupid enough to fall into that trap or because he's far better off than he was at the start of the season?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is that because he was stupid enough to fall into that trap or because he's far better off than he was at the start of the season?
    Probably a mixture of both. It might also be because his scene was played along side of Alucards, whom I have all of the sympathy for. Maybe that's it, used it all up on Alucard, none left for Hector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Putting it under veil, because spoilers.
    Spoiler: 
    Hector came off as rather pathetic. I feel like someone who's been through as much as him wouldn't be led on so easily. Having said that I don't hate the situation he's in now, as Lenore was surprisingly fair towards him despite having him by the balls. Hector isn't the protagonist of this story like he was in Curse of Darkness, so he doesn't have to be a badass. I feel this arc was more about the vampires than him anyway.

Alucard's arc was kind of terrible. The sex bit was just too random, in both the reward and betrayal regard. Introducing Sumi and Taka to his life, they come off as sort of protégés to him. The show gives us glances how they are like excited children and Alucard is having fun parenting them. Then at some point they ponder how they want to do something for Alucard, because he's lonely and feeling all sorts of emotions for killing his father. Feels earnest.

They end up with an offer to fuck him. Erm... uh... okay, I guess? Kind of awkward... wait, no, it was just smoke and mirrors, meant to distract Alucard in order to seize and kill him. Wait, what? Why??? Because he didn't introduce them to every last bit of knowledge in his possession in the span of, what, a week? This arc is easily the dumbest of the four this season gave us. Oh well, at least it ended in a satisfying way, Alucard taking no shit and hardening up. Just hope it will be just that and not a catalyst to turn him into the dark side.

Isaac's arc was alright. I like his character (definitely an improvement over the homoerotically flirty redhead in Curse of Darkness) and his interactions with the shopkeeper, the captain and, finally, Miranda. But he's kind of silly with his frustration with the guards. Thinking the situation objectively Isaac should be aware the night creatures are something people would naturally have a problem with. Hatred is very much understandable. Not letting the guards stand in his way is one thing, but him basically judging them bigots is too much. The final battle against the mage guy was cool, but.. kind of separated from the grander scheme. I mean, the people-enslaving mage was just some random dude Isaac engaged only to get bodies for his army (and fanservice tbh). Unless it ties to some grander plot concerning Miranda in the next season...

Saint Germain was something entirely else than his Curse of Darkness incarnation, but I liked it. Overall Trevor's and Syfa's arc was good and filled with intrigue. The Judge didn't need to have his own dark side story, but I'm glad he did. As Lindenfeld is destroyed and its inhabitants killed, the revelation of the Judge as a monster himself is the icing on the cake that paints Trevor's and Syfa's arc an utter failure. All they managed to accomplish was helping Saint Germain enter the infinite corridor, yet it's by no means due to their lack of capability, but more for their carefree attitude towards the evils of the world. I imagine we'll see a much more serious pair in S4.

This season is probably my favourite so far, as I enjoy a character-driven, calmer setting. Castlevania doesn't have to always be about active monster hunting. This season gave us detective work, a journey, politics, and adjustment difficulties to isolation (which kinda failed, but was still worth exploring).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I love the show, but... I am not a fan of what they did with Alucard's arc. It was beyond jarring.
    Also, awkwardly animated sex scenes are awkward. But hey, at least it ain't GoT S2...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    one minor thing that has been bugging me lately.

In season 1/2 they made it seem like the forgemasters bringing demons back took effort. I mean it took a whole year for Dracula to create his army.

Now all it takes is a simple stab and bam they create new demons?
    maybe it is like using mana, since they didn't forge since long they can instant forge fast
    but to build an army u need long time, like how Dracula did (also Dracula was clearly confused and never fully commit to actually wipe out humans, so u can argue that Dracula was delaying on purpose?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Isaac's arc was alright. I like his character (definitely an improvement over the homoerotically flirty redhead in Curse of Darkness) and his interactions with the shopkeeper, the captain and, finally, Miranda. But he's kind of silly with his frustration with the guards. Thinking the situation objectively Isaac should be aware the night creatures are something people would naturally have a problem with. Hatred is very much understandable. Not letting the guards stand in his way is one thing, but him basically judging them bigots is too much. The final battle against the mage guy was cool, but.. kind of separated from the grander scheme. I mean, the people-enslaving mage was just some random dude Isaac engaged only to get bodies for his army (and fanservice tbh). Unless it ties to some grander plot concerning Miranda in the next season...
    that's the whole point of Issac, he love night creatures and hate humans, from ur pov he isn't reasonable but from his pov humans should love night creatures and be aware of other humans because humans are the true evil
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that's the whole point of Issac, he love night creatures and hate humans, from ur pov he isn't reasonable but from his pov humans should love night creatures and be aware of other humans because humans are the true evil
    Night creatures hunt and eat humans if someone like Isaac doesn't keep them in check. He'd have to be damaged not to see that's a problem for humans.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Night creatures hunt and eat humans if someone like Isaac doesn't keep them in check. He'd have to be damaged not to see that's a problem for humans.
    Now you're getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is damaged duh?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

It was a bit off. Belmont dude's sidequest seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. Same with Alucard, two filler storylines which only really pay off at the end. The Vamps storyline was the only one doing something and i suppose traveling forgemaster vaguely heading to the other forgemaster had sort of a point.

The other two seasons had a better structure. But it was ok..