Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    voice acting is stellar, but it does feel super rushed and forced at some points. Saint Germain's change from non-violence into mass murder is a couple of throwaway scenes

Watched the new season last night, really liked it. Glad they kept up the quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

When they said this was the final season I was worried because I thought there was no way they could resolve all the plotlines in 10 episodes but this was really good. It was definitely rushed but I think they managed to wrap everything up in a satisfying manner. Plus the action was absolutely amazing.

Overall this was a great series and I hope we see more Castlevania in the future.

The whole reveal of who that London Mayor vampire was came completely out if no where...

It's literally a drop 'what??' moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The whole reveal of who that London Mayor vampire was came completely out if no where...

Honestly that was the best part because they mentioned death early in the season as a throwaway line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved this final season. And I feel very stupid, it took me till the final episode to realize that Alucard is Dracula backwards....

I wasn't super excited for this season because season 3 was just a bit bad. But this season was fantastic.

Sad to hear that this is the last season. The Forgemasters storyline feels incomplete. Thats really the only negative.

7+ Year Old Account
    Excellent finale of an excellent series. Small issues out of the way:
    - Trevor finding that Death killing dagger was too convenient, and it seems was the only reason for Targoviste plot line
    - him surviving was kinda meh, but the main trio is so damn likeable that I actually don't mind it
    - Isaac doing a 180 between seasons was odd, but I was glad he did since his behaviour in S3 was idiotic
    - Vlad getting happy ending after killing thousands was meh

But beside that, it was all great. The action and animation were absolutely stellar, Carmilla fight is my fav. But what impressed me the most in entire show and what I see little mentions about were the dialogues. I never seen conversations this natural. No jarring exposition, no grandiose speeches. Characters exchange witty bants, provoked brute doesn't lash out but holds his nerve, vampire lady explaining frustration about current situation rendering her skills useless etc. Even goddamn Death used loads of sarcasm and wit in his speeches, no cliche one-liners (beside that one scene). First time in ages I didn't have to fast forward due obnoxious/boring dialogues, because even small talk was captivating.

Can't wait for spin-offs.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 03:55 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wish we got a little more closure on Isaac's character, but overall a great ending. Kinda hope they do more Castlevania at some point, but with different characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Season 4 was alot better as season 3 was i would even say it had tomuch action.
    Less boring talking and Alucard didnt went the emo path.
    Alot of eastereggs and the Camilla fight was well done, i liked the room filling up with blood.
    i felt like the overall plot was mediocre, it started out ok but was let down by a very weak ending imho, some of the action scenes were very poorly animated/drawn, and some of the general background characters were very poorly animated, i know it's going for a specific type of aesthetic but some of the artwork is very poor quality in some places which made me drop my immersion a bit at times, but overall i would say it was an enjoyable watch all things considered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Wish we got a little more closure on Isaac's character, but overall a great ending. Kinda hope they do more Castlevania at some point, but with different characters.
    Spin-offs alr confirmed.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I wasn't super excited for this season because season 3 was just a bit bad. But this season was fantastic.

Sad to hear that this is the last season. The Forgemasters storyline feels incomplete. Thats really the only negative.
    Yeah, as much as I loved this season, it seemed like they had to rush that storyline since they only had 1 season. They kind of just threw away the Hector and Lenore story and gave as much closure to it as they could.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2021-05-16 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah but like, if Varney was actually Death and his goal was to bring Dracula back why was he hanging around that city? I don't think that Targoviste ended up playing into his plans at all? He just needed the mirror to get to the castle but I don't really see why he had to get there via mirror. Nothing in Targofiste actually contributed to the 'res dracula' plan from what I can remember. Technically death didn't even need to get to the castle at all as Germain seemed to have things covered in terms of the ritual.
    If I had to venture a guess, distance plus a bit of a playing a role. I think the plan from Germain's perspective was to bring the vampire enclave in Targoviste to the castle as reinforcements. There is a large distance between Targoviste and Dracula's castle. I think Varney stepping through the mirror alone was just a matter of the fight in the Hidden Court going poorly, he probably assumed the Russian vampire would win the fight against Belmont and Sypha.

Honestly the bigger mystery is why did Death reveal himself at all to Germain while he was still doing the ceremony. It wasn't until Death revealed himself that Germain had doubts. And oddly enough Death didn't seem like he needed validation or have a need to reveal a "got-ya" on anyone. Varney was a character that he played to trick people into doing things he needs; Death seemed calm and collected and not really one for grandstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah, as much as I loved this season, it seemed like they had to rush that storyline since they only had 1 season. They kind of just threw away the Hector and Lenore story and gave as much closure to it as they could.
    They gave us a lot of character development in S3 so Isaacs decision in S4 didn't seem unreasonable, but after the big battle... we didn't get anything else from Isaac which he seemed to have big plans for something... and well Hector's decision to just relax was very much dependent on Lenore. So the series really ends on a giant open ended plot for both of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    They gave us a lot of character development in S3 so Isaacs decision in S4 didn't seem unreasonable, but after the big battle... we didn't get anything else from Isaac which he seemed to have big plans for something... and well Hector's decision to just relax was very much dependent on Lenore. So the series really ends on a giant open ended plot for both of them.
    Honestly, surprised how many chars survived: the trio, Hector and Isaac, vampire ladies lovers (shame most interesting sudoku'd). Setting up spin-off material maybe? Netflix said it won't be straight spin-off though, and Castlevania got plenty more material.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

That was another good easter egg from the curse if darkness castlevania game. You control Hector in that game and the death appearance twist was similar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    That was another good easter egg from the curse if darkness castlevania game. You control Hector in that game and the death appearance twist was similar.
    Dunno if Easter egg is good explanation for a major S4 character, his set-up was rushed. Also, he seemed to be powerful AF, yet still Vlad underling? Ye I know it's how it was in the games, but still. Love he wasn't spouting usual big bad entity shit, he was sarcastic and entertaining
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Honestly, surprised how many chars survived: the trio, Hector and Isaac, vampire ladies lovers (shame most interesting sudoku'd). Setting up spin-off material maybe? Netflix said it won't be straight spin-off though, and Castlevania got plenty more material.
    There is a ton of spinoff material. I would think Isaac's low key plan to convert the night creatures to a more human (maybe i should say humane) existence would directly conflict with the Trio and their experiences. That seems mainline Castlevania to me.

Regardless I really hope they do more with the Forgemasters story. While it was one of the slower stories in S2 and S3, damn do I want more of that now.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a ton of spinoff material. I would think Isaac's low key plan to convert the night creatures to a more human (maybe i should say humane) existence would directly conflict with the Trio and their experiences. That seems mainline Castlevania to me.

Regardless I really hope they do more with the Forgemasters story. While it was one of the slower stories in S2 and S3, damn do I want more of that now.
    I mean, that one scholar Nightcreature would be able to, but the rest seemed not that intelligent. Also it would be very boring plot line IMO.

They could also do a prequel to current story.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-05-16 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another good season, hopefully we can get more game into animation adaptations like this.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, that one scholar Nightcreature would be able to, but the rest seemed not that intelligent. Also it would be very boring plot line IMO.

They could also do a prequel to current story.
    Idk, he seemed to have 4 or 5 highly capable, probably very intelligent creatures he used when he did his main attack. Not to mention we saw that talking creature communicate with the other night creatures, so it seems they aren't completely dumb and capable of a decent level of thought for even the base throwaway guys.