Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=6#post-108

Holy mother of shit. Blizzard devs know 0 about the class - like 0 at all. There are some really impressive points being brought up by knowledgable shamans, but then devs say something like this: " and as far as we know it's in a good place"

And they flatout ignore the mastery dilemma which is hardcapped.

this is so pathetic, ele shaman is deader than dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Source on that?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=265517/7...gue-t20-tuning

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Source on that?
    It's on the front page of Wowhead right now.

Forget it...

The dev talked about crit and haste, how nice of him to dodge mastery cap

Hey he at least talked about Mastery now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Hey he at least talked about Mastery now.
    Not sure what is so hard about that problem to solve. Just add a subsequent chance to overload on mastery over 100% and you're done.

Deleted
    That dev didnt even understand that our Mastery caps at 86,5% with EB, and at 76,5% with EB & TM (the go-to setup currently). This is so sad.

Technically it only caps 10 out of every 12 seconds.

With Simcraft, parses, etc I just don't get how class balance is this hard. They should be able to write something that can figure out balance and just spit out optimal numbers. You can even reference users parses instead of unattainable computer generated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Not sure what is so hard about that problem to solve. Just add a subsequent chance to overload on mastery over 100% and you're done.
    That would never happen.... their solution to a hardcap issue would be to roll mastery scaling back so it would be harder to cap with current gear. That's what I assume atleast.

Tho is it really a hardcap for mastery? Wtih EB, you have a 1/3 chance to get mastery but it could be crit or haste for the stat proc. And totem mastery only buffs ur LB/CL, and doesn't effect LvB, EB, or Icefury for elem overload.... so its not like mastery would be totally useless all the time, just some of the time. Am I right or wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Tho is it really a hardcap for mastery?
    No, the 76.5% and 86.5% breakpoints are not hard caps, they are soft caps. They are points at which (depending on talents), mastery's value takes a huge hit. So, yes, mastery does have non-zero value until you actually hit 100% (on ST), but it is dropped to well below other stats at those breakpoints.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=13#post-246

Apparently stormearthandlava guys found something. It seems t18 2pc bonus set is slightly better than current ilv 930 4pc t20 set. But to think it's like 200 ilvl difference between the gears, it makes t20 bonus set weakness looks even clearer. Now let's see what would dev team do about it, considering they've set to sail the patch on June 13th.

Deleted
    Hahahaha this is so pathetic its unreal.

Glad i rolled mage in 7.1.5 - if there is 1 thing you can count on when it comes to blizz is that mages will always have 1 spec in the top 3.

This close to the release, do you think they have time to change the set bonus and test it? along with looking at shaman single target damage.

I get the feeling (and hope I am wrong) the dev, will just buff damage to the T20 set, maybe buff LVB and say good job done for this patch, champagne time.

There's no way in hell they're gonna change anything now but numbers. And as they said, they're happy with ele because there's "nothing fundametally wrong with it" LOL.
    We'll probably see the nerf reverted or maybe a buff to baseline FS dmg. Either way, it's not gonna fix ele and ele's gonna be shit once again.

Don't expect any big design changes I don't know why anyone would even think something like that would happen now. Hopfully what we are after is the dmg to be at least on par with others. You are not going to get som kind of shift in design now. I be happy with just the damage getting where it needs to be for tomb. Doesn't mean I would t love some design stuff but one has to be realistic as well this late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post

aaaand elemental: pivot with ES and FS, EQ and TM. GoW for jump, Ghost Wolf for ms.
    You forgot about Icefury. While I agree with you that we have serious issues dealing with movement, you left out the best talent choice for movement heavy fights.

Thats it boys

Iam having flashbacks of Hellfire Citadel where we were bad, expect 2 fights

10+ Year Old Account
    We are so fucked. Just look at the patch notes...most if not all ranged DPS classes are getting +10% or more buff to all dmg and we get buffs to only 2 spells.

We are going to be bottom of the barrel. It sucks because I've invested all of my time in Legion in Ele Sham (AP, Legendary, etc). Feelsbadman.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    That dev didnt even understand that our Mastery caps at 86,5% with EB, and at 76,5% with EB & TM (the go-to setup currently). This is so sad.
    Yup, you nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    You forgot about Icefury. While I agree with you that we have serious issues dealing with movement, you left out the best talent choice for movement heavy fights.
    Haha that completely skipped my mind. Guess that says how I feel about Icefury. It's nice on paper, but I prefer Asc any day as at least you only need mastery to be high for LvB to do reasonable dmg, while Icefury needs mastery and crit. I played Icefury on Star Augur progress only, and the feeling when all 4 Frost Shocks wouldn't crit just made me drop it. Besides, Icefury isn't really worth it in its current state anyway so Idk if it's a proper tool for dealing with movement.

Maybe it will be in ToS, but it'll still be tied to Icefury's cd and the timer on buffed Frost Shocks. You also have other priorities in EB/LvB resets and ES casts to not overcap MS as SK/PotM; this means IF (again) will be very restricted so it's not really a saving grace for movement.

I mean doesn't buffing earth shock essentially reduce the value of icefury? I like the idea of it I just think they should lower the damage on those Frost shocks and remove the Ms cost so we can still quickly dump a high es
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM