Page 1 of 41
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb ALL THE THINGS - New Collections Addon

Transmogrification / Collections addon, "ALL THE THINGS" on Twitch. (Curse Client)
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/267285-all-the-things

The Primary Collections Window can be moved, resized, and contains every item known to the prebuilt Item Database module (ItemDB). Since it uses a predefined database, it computes what you're missing very very quickly. A lot faster than I've seen done in other addons of this nature.

You can even right click on groups of items, instances, encounters, difficulties, and tier tokens to pop them out into their own standalone windows:

The addon also shows you where you can get any collectable item, whether or not you have collected it, and any shared appearances. (all of these settings can be turned off)

Contributors:
    If you would like to contribute to the addon, there is now a Discord server: https://discord.gg/9GFDsgy

Please report any missing items! Any and all suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by Crieve; 2019-02-04 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Updated Discord Link

Deleted
    Well then. This sounds and looks perfect for a completionist such as myself. Perhaps this one will be a little more accurate than mOnArs WardrobeHelper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Well then. This sounds and looks perfect for a completionist such as myself. Perhaps this one will be a little more accurate than mOnArs WardrobeHelper.
    I have to give mOnArs Wardrobe Helper a lot of credit as without that addon, I wouldn't have taken the time to learn the WoW API or even start this project. Unfortunately, one of the barriers preventing his addon's full potential is the request time for obtaining useful information from the WoW API, so an addon that relies purely on dynamic information is going to have trouble handling large amounts of data.

ALL THE THINGS uses a pre-built Item Database (ItemDB) to structure upon that uses the latest information acquired using Blizzard's public Battle.NET APIs, so there is very little that the in-game WoW API is required for aside from the visual aspect of an item. (tooltip, icon, link, name, etc) It is unfortunate, of course, that the ItemDB is is large as it is when loaded into memory (40-80 MB depending on your filters) - although considering that it's built using about 1.2 GB worth of raw data, I'd say I did a pretty decent job lowering that to a more acceptable level.

Lowering this overhead even more is something that's currently in the works, but far from release cycle. :/

Thanks for doing this, mOnArs Wardrobe Helper wasn't really getting updated.

Is there a way to address shared loot drops affecting overall percentages? Let's I am missing one item but it drops from 3 bosses so it says 17/20 instead of 19/20. I skimmed through MC and BWL stuff and pretty sure it was still happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Thanks for doing this, mOnArs Wardrobe Helper wasn't really getting updated.

Is there a way to address shared loot drops affecting overall percentages? Let's I am missing one item but it drops from 3 bosses so it says 17/20 instead of 19/20. I skimmed through MC and BWL stuff and pretty sure it was still happening.
    Shared Loot Drops can be annoying, but doesn't it seem all that more satisfying when you jump from 80% to 90% because Zoid's Firelit Greatsword finally dropped? xD

On a more serious note, as a user of this addon, I find myself collapsing bosses after I defeat the encounter(s) to show which items I can still acquire. With Shared Boss Drops taking those items and adding a brand new category in the raid's difficulty, it would make it this behaviour more difficult. Especially if an item only drops from certain bosses. (Such as Mana Igniting Cord from Garr, Magmadar, Golemagg, and Baron Geddon or Manastorm Leggings from Gehennas, Harbinger, Lucifron, and Shazzrah.)

I'm not saying it'll never happen, but certainly not anytime soon. :/
    NOTE: This would happen sooner if you provided a visual mockup of what you would like it to look like. If I were to do it, I'd probably detect items that are dropped by multiple bosses in the same dungeon/difficulty and push them up one layer. (to be on in the same group as the bosses themselves) After that, I'm not really sure. I need a way to show the encounters that they're for, but I don't want to end up polluting the display or making it difficult to identify where the drop comes from.

O definitely going to dl this when I get home

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

Just made a note on my phone to download later!

10+ Year Old Account
    Will try it out and report any bugs or missing items ^^.
    Looks neat btw !

Edit:
    1. Any chance to add the "BoE" drops from each Instance (Blue and Epic Quality ones).
    2. http://imgur.com/vGMtW2H Says on your list I haven't collected the item, yet I have 2 different links saying something different.
    3. Dragon Soul LFR is missing (at least at first glance).

It's showing a lot more as mOnArs (even from Dungeons I assumed I had completed), so it's an incredible nice addition.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2017-05-30 at 05:56 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    It seems to be lacking the ToT shared boss loot weapons. I'd consider the possibility that it lacks similar shared raid/dungeon drops, but those are the ones that I noticed right away at least.

Edit: It also seems confused about appearances from timewalking, even though they all share the same model/textures as the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Will try it out and report any bugs or missing items ^^.
    Looks neat btw !

Edit:
    1. Any chance to add the "BoE" drops from each Instance (Blue and Epic Quality ones).
    2. http://imgur.com/vGMtW2H Says on your list I haven't collected the item, yet I have 2 different links saying something different.
    3. Dragon Soul LFR is missing (at least at first glance).

It's showing a lot more as mOnArs (even from Dungeons I assumed I had completed), so it's an incredible nice addition.
    1. Yes! It's on my to-do list. (massive as that is)
    2. This should be detected correctly if you set "Filter using Appearance ID rather than by Source ID" on the filters screen. This particular addon is intended for Completionists mostly, but I do have the option of simplifying the collection process for users only interested in 100% the appearances themselves. Please let me know if this still doesn't do as expected after that.
    3. Ah. As my original method of data harvesting was purely using the Adventure Guide, that's probably why the Raid Finder difficulty wasn't included. I'll add this in my next update. *AUTHOR NOTES: DONE *

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    It seems to be lacking the ToT shared boss loot weapons. I'd consider the possibility that it lacks similar shared raid/dungeon drops, but those are the ones that I noticed right away at least.

Edit: It also seems confused about appearances from timewalking, even though they all share the same model/textures as the original.
    The bonus IDs for timewalking appear to be incorrect. I'll fix this in the next update. *AUTHOR NOTES: DONE *

As for the missing ToT weapons, I'm not sure - if they're not included on the Adventure Guide, I'll need to add them manually. (work in progress)
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-05-31 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Added Author Notes for Clarity

Can you make it so there can be a button on chocolate bar?

I hate having buttons on my minimap (because it's so much bigger than default and the buttons appear in the middle of the map). I love having my addons buttons on chocolatebar.

thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Can you make it so there can be a button on chocolate bar?

I hate having buttons on my minimap (because it's so much bigger than default and the buttons appear in the middle of the map). I love having my addons buttons on chocolatebar.
    The next release will support LDB. (Including Chocolate Bar) *AUTHOR NOTES: DONE *
    Last edited by Crieve; 2017-05-31 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Added author notes for clarity

I've been hoping to get a new good collections addon since the other ones I've been using aren't great. I'll try it out. I hope it doesn't take up a massive amount of resources though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    I've been hoping to get a new good collections addon since the other ones I've been using aren't great. I'll try it out. I hope it doesn't take up a massive amount of resources though.
    Unfortunately, it uses a lot more RAM than the other addons do. I'm working on reducing that overhead right now, but you can expect to see 30-80 MB of RAM usage if you install now. (That's not a lot in terms of memory these days, but people with a lot less RAM than is recommended might notice this.)

Deleted
    I tried it but went back to Monarchs addon.. reason being that I love the minilist there that I can have open in dungeons/raids.. it is pretty much the only thing I use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I tried it but went back to Monarchs addon.. reason being that I love the minilist there that I can have open in dungeons/raids.. it is pretty much the only thing I use.
    I will try to add a MiniList equivalent in 1.0.1. I can't imagine it would be that hard.

Sweet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    As for the missing ToT weapons, I'm not sure - if they're not included on the Adventure Guide, I'll need to add them manually. (work in progress)
    They do not appear in the adventure guide, they can only be seen via an addon like AtlasLoot or on wowhead.

A minlist is almost a requirement. The ui is nice but I dont need it taking up 1/5 of the screen. You could try making the ui resizable maybe?

Not sure if its possible the way yours uses a predefined database but its kind of limited in just raids/dungeons and would be nice if it was expanded to encompass boes, quest items, pvp gear, etc.

Some items are showing up incorrectly. For example on my demon hunter its saying I need two pieces from sunwell still: Shawl of Wonderment cloth shoulders and Heroic Judicator's Chestguard a plate chest. Both items I cant use. As alliance ToC gear for horde shows up. When filtering by appearance ID some items still show up such as timewalking Bracers of the Divine Elemental and a few other timewalking pieces. I dont see Supreme Lord Kazzak under the draenor world boss section.

Otherwise the addon looks great youre doing the transmog god's work.