Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Anyone had the chance of testing out this new loot system yet? I just ran a few old heroics. Needed one more drop from a specific boss, but instead of getting it to actually drop, nothing drops at all. So with this change you'll be getting less gold aswell.

Also hearing reports that some old raids have been changed too, scaled, more HP and DMG. I'll check it out soon myself, but seems messed up.

Apparently Mimiron's Head doesn't drop anymore from Ulduar 25 (Which is apparently Timewalking only now...). I mean, I already have it, but if it this is a bug it's laughable and makes you wonder how the fuck that got through testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Anyone had the chance of testing out this new loot system yet? I just ran a few old heroics. Needed one more drop from a specific boss, but instead of getting it to actually drop, nothing drops at all. So with this change you'll be getting less gold aswell.

Also hearing reports that some old raids have been changed too, scaled, more HP and DMG. I'll check it out soon myself, but seems messed up.

Apparently Mimiron's Head doesn't drop anymore from Ulduar 25 (Which is apparently Timewalking only now...). I mean, I already have it, but if it this is a bug it's laughable and makes you wonder how the fuck that got through testing.
    Stop spreading these casual lies in here. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Stop spreading these casual lies in here. Thx
    What are you on about? What are casual lies anyway? Start making sense please.

And I am not spreading anything, I am just hoping for other people to confirm what else has changed.

What are you on about? What are casual lies anyway? Start making sense please.

And I am not spreading anything, I am just hoping for other people to confirm what else has changed.
    Why are you asking for confirmation of your points, which are completly made up by some forum whiners from the official forums?

If you would have said which herioc you ran, on which char, with what loot spec, I could have taken you serious.

But currently, I don't simply because personal loot in dungeons rewards an item 100% of the time with personal loot active and when running solo. IF there is an item to drop for your spec. So, both points combined, I have to say that you simply fucked up your loot spec for the specific bosses and since you don't understand how this happened you spread lies that personal loot will result in no items dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Why are you asking for confirmation of your points, which are completly made up by some forum whiners from the official forums?

If you would have said which herioc you ran, on which char, with what loot spec, I could have taken you serious.

But currently, I don't simply because personal loot in dungeons rewards an item 100% of the time with personal loot active and when running solo. IF there is an item to drop for your spec. So, both points combined, I have to say that you simply fucked up your loot spec for the specific bosses and since you don't understand how this happened you spread lies that personal loot will result in no items dropping.
    Fine, then here goes.

I just ran Underbog on heroic. Since I still need one drop from the last boss. I switched to my spec (I didn't change loot specialization, since that's not required unless they changed it this patch too, just switching spec is enough) and the last boss dropped no items at all except one of these stupid gems and a Primal Nether. I'll try to actually switch loot specialization, but prior this patch, I ran some old classic dungeons and simply changed spec to get what I wanted.

Switched to Slave Pens on Heroic. I only needed the second boss for my final item. Went to my correct spec, would've been a guaranteed win for my spec since he only drops one item for me and again I received nothing.

Bosses aren't even guaranteed to drop an item 100% of the because the exact same thing happened to me in Mechanar and Botanica. Some bosses drop loot, but it's not 100%. Botanica final boss only dropped an epic gem and a Primal Nether while his loot table is quite diverse for Warriors. And don't bullshit me that the gem is the actual loot, because it was an intellect one, and I also got a PvP gem another time.

Battlenet is down right now so I can't log in.

I am not blindly accepting what people say on the official forums. Which is why I want people's opinions to confirm what's up with them. Since I just ran MC np and felt no changes, I haven't had the time yet to clear anything else yet. I can confirm though that personal loot fucking sucks since right now you earn less gold and aren't even guaranteed of getting an item.
    Last edited by Marweinicus; 2018-01-17 at 09:15 AM.

Field Marshal
    Something interesting I discovered Whilst in Wailing caverns seeing if the level scaling still drops the same green loot - some of the Bosses have new loot! I'll link an example I'm not sure how far this goes and how many instances have this but they are transmogs that I don't have which aren't on my ATT mini list.

Lord Pythas: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=3670/lord-pythas (bottom of his loot table is a plate shoulder and cloth belt)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=151429/l...thas-pauldrons (the mog on wowhead doesn't match what it looks like in game)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=151428/s...tcord#comments

these were previously listed on the loot table in wowhead as "rename me" ( the plate shoulders still are until you open them in their own page) I don't exactly know when they were added to the game it may have been in a prior patch since i thought i had wailing caverns completed in terms of transmogs

yaaaay another reason to go back to old dungeons for completionists -_-

also does anyone know with the new scaling of loot as well as dungeon levels if loot that was really hard to obtain (razorfen BoE blues) is now easier to obtain?

Edit: got http://www.wowhead.com/item=2264/man...ieves#comments from my first mob in razorfen kraul! not sure if easier or just lucky
    Last edited by Zingi; 2018-01-17 at 11:11 AM.

I will try to address some of the points posted above.
    1. Personal loot for all dungeons? -- Yes this is a thing, you will have a chance to get an item to drop, not guaranteed, or you may get gold. (some bosses may be bugged and not dropping any loot, these need to be reported to blizz or feel free to report cases like this to us on discord.)
    2. Health and damage scaling on bosses? -- Yes this has been done as well, some previously soloable content is currently no longer soloable. No idea if blizz will make adjustments to this.
    3. Mimiron's Head ? -- I personally have no information on this, so not going to guess one way of the other.

I can't run Trial of the Crusader on Heroic. It simply awards me normal loot and no Argent Tournament tokens at all. Haven't experienced it with other dungeons though. Seems weird. Switched to normal mode after clearing heroic (Didn't even have to do a reset) and the instance was uncleared. Heroic mode can't be accessed right now.

Anyone else wanna try?

I can't run Trial of the Crusader on Heroic. It simply awards me normal loot and no Argent Tournament tokens at all. Haven't experienced it with other dungeons though. Seems weird. Switched to normal mode after clearing heroic (Didn't even have to do a reset) and the instance was uncleared. Heroic mode can't be accessed right now.

Anyone else wanna try?
    Are you sure it was set to heroic? I say this because I had to set dragon soul to heroic three times before it actually did last night

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus View Post
    Are you sure it was set to heroic? I say this because I had to set dragon soul to heroic three times before it actually did last night

Pretty sure. Because I went back inside and it was cleared. Switched it back to normal and I was in a fresh instance.

Going to try again tomorrow.

Pretty sure. Because I went back inside and it was cleared. Switched it back to normal and I was in a fresh instance.

Going to try again tomorrow.
    Weird I'll try that particular instance when I get home tonight as well then. More data points

Quote Originally Posted by dashaus View Post
    Weird I'll try that particular instance when I get home tonight as well then. More data points

It's something else. I just cleared Heroic Slave Pens and Rokmar the Crackler dropped a normal cloak that I already have. I think the entire loot tables are changed in this patch since the same happened to me too in Trial of the Crusader yesterday.

It appears as if Blizzard removed Heroic specific loot. All items can drop in both normal and heroic. Heroic loot is epic and normal loot is rare. The dungeon journal reflects this too. All loot can drop from the same boss, with exception of Heroic only bosses, going to try out Ahn'kahet soon, to check if Amanitar is present on normal difficulty (According to dungeon journal he is not).

This way loot tables become a bit bigger, but atleast you don't have to keep farming a heroic dungeon each day.

Ulduar dropped both 10m and 25m loot for me aswell.

EDIT: Just got The Suneater from Mechanar's final boss on normal difficulty. It was rare, not epic, yet it still ticked off in my addon. the ID remains the same, it's just a different color.
    Last edited by Marweinicus; 2018-01-18 at 11:00 AM.

What we think has happened is that Blizzard has somehow switched heroic and normal.. We are gonna let it ride a bit to wait for a hotfix before we start making massive changes to the addon. We should be pushing a new release in the next couple of days which will have ulduar merged as well as adding in most, if not all of the new content added this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktar View Post
    What we think has happened is that Blizzard has somehow switched heroic and normal.. We are gonna let it ride a bit to wait for a hotfix before we start making massive changes to the addon. We should be pushing a new release in the next couple of days which will have ulduar merged as well as adding in most, if not all of the new content added this patch.
    It's not switched. More like merged. Check the dungeon journal. Heroic loot is all epic, normal loot is all rare.

Yeah, we are almost done updating the addon now, it was merged. I had been working on some other stuff in addon and we didnt notice till a couple days in of the adventure journal having the dungeon loot merged.

Herald of the Titans
    Is it possible to manually blacklist items? I want to get rid of the annoying pet battle toys without actually having to turn off normal toys. I hate having to see that leash toy that i will never obtain pop up 8 times (once for every pet battle master) every time i enter SW or Org.

Its an irritation, but a relatively minor one. All in all, i love this mod.

I wish I could blacklist all the Netherstorm PvP gear I can never get because I didn't get the right honour rank in Vanilla, but there are no plans to allow blacklisting last I heard. It's meant to be all obtainable items, even if some are only technically obtainable.

Hmm. Having said that, there are a few mounts that are technically obtainable but aren't listed.. might need to double check those PvP items.