Don't expect to see Shenmue 3 any time soon...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-any-time-soon

Shenmue 3 is going to be skipping this year's E3 - and it's looking increasingly likely it'll also be missing its initial shipping date of December this year.

Developer Ys Net shared a new update to Kickstarter backers of the highly anticipated sequel to a pair of Sega Dreamcast classics, giving a glimpse at an all-new character rendered in-engine and sharing a little more news. "While our schedule has yet to be finalised, we will be devoting June to game development and as a result, will unfortunately not be participating in any game shows," the update reads. "On the other hand, we look forward to bringing you our monthly updates and hope you do too!"

Shenmue 3 was first confirmed at E3 2015, when creator Yu Suzuki took to Sony's stage to announce the Kickstarter campaign. The campaign went on to be a success, and development seems to have been carrying on at a fair pace ever since.
    However, the initial delivery date of December 2017 looks like it could be out of reach. The Kickstarter page still holds to that date, with the following statement to be found: "A rigorous budget and schedule has been worked out with our production team and we believe our target of 2017 holiday season is within reach. That said, our goal is to make the best game possible (and one that the fans want!) so please understand the schedule may change as the project evolves. Frequent updates will be posted on the Update page."

That particular part of the site hasn't been updated since 2015, though, so maybe it's best to let go of that dream for now. Here's hoping we get a substantial look at Shenmue 3 before the year's end.
    Ill take no shit for $1000 alex.......

I wouldn't even be surprised if we don't see it next year, Personally I have no interest in the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Except for the part where we're seeing it every month in their monthly updates.

You don't have to go to e3 to show the game, but hey it wouldn't be a day of the week if there wasn't click bait to post.

...Personally I have no interest in the game.
    Yet, you made a thread dedicated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Yet, you made a thread dedicated to it.
    Its gaming news, I like gaming...

Also there is people who do have a interest in it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Who cares when it comes out as long as it does?

I've waited 16 years to continue from that epic stare down between Ryo and Lan Di. I can wait a few more months, as long as the game is done right and the time is well spent. Yu Suzuki doesn't make shit games, let the man work.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Game developers make intelligent choices'

Sounds good.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

So between RDR 2, god of war 4, shenmue 3, and ff7 remake, I wonder if we will actually get any of them this year. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    So between RDR 2, god of war 4, shenmue 3, and ff7 remake, I wonder if we will actually get any of them this year. Not looking good.
    Only 2 of those where ever announced for 2017. One being a rockstar game which always gets delayed and the other being an ambitious kickstarter game that kept stretch goals going after the campaign ended which could add another 6+ months onto development.

FF7R and GoW where never 2017 games or advertised as such.

This is the guy bankrupted Sega.
    What do you expect?

He is gonna take 4 or 5 years to develop Shenmue 3.

I bet he will never finish the whole game in his life time.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This is the guy bankrupted Sega.
    Prove it.

Besides the fact Sega has never filed for bankruptcy, and the fact the dev cost of shenmue was Sega's fault and not his for having him basically finish the product on the Saturn and then have to redo it all from scratch on the dreamcast after the Saturn failed.

I don't think you have any clue what you're talking about.

But yes the creator of Space Harrier, Hang On, After Burner, Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA, "bankrupted" Sega.

My eyes could not roll any harder if they tried.