Question Suggest T20 bonuses? [Ele]

Is it considered futile or just something people doesn't like/bother doing because it's just wishful thinking that is extremely likely to never happen ever? I haven't found threads about it in my short time searching for any, so that's why I'm asking.

Cause there's a lot of ranting about not only the current issue we have with our ST damage which isn't being sorted in 7.2.5, but also our new T20 bonuses, without many suggestions for fixing it. I am too very unhappy with those bonuses, and our ST performance, but mainly cause Blizz have the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone if they tune our T20 bonuses right, which they haven't right now, it feels like at least. Our AoE will always be formidable thanks to Stormkeeper and the legendaries available to us, but our ST just needs fixing, straight up, either by granting us more mobility or increasing our damage.

But back to my question, why aren't people posting their own suggestions for tier bonuses? I got a couple, but I'm not gonna post em if people are just going to get angry for whatever reason...

My suggestion would be like:

2p bonus: FS dot for 300% damage (even when there's no elementals around) and critical dot is also proc Elemental Focus.
    4p bonus: FS dot is always crit when Elementals up. (yes Elementals, so it should also be applied on Earth Ele)

It actually just a tweak from what we have on beta now.

or maybe like:
    2p bonus: Increase FS dot crit chance by 30%.
    4p bonus: FS dot crit give you a charge of Stormkeeper to a maximum of 3 charges.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2017-05-31 at 07:18 AM.

Earth Shock and Earthquake
    2pc: Earth Shocks at 100 or more Maelstrom spawns an Earthquake under your target.
    4pc: Earthquakes spawned by Earth Shock deal their full damage after a 2 seconds delay. If only a single enemy is within the area, they take 50%(?) increased damage.
    Doesn’t help with the non-synergy with Mastery, but I personally feel it’s more interesting than the current T20 at least.

Shocks and Mastery
    2pc: Mastery: Elemental Overload includes Flame Shock and Earthquake damage over time, as well as Earth Shock and Frost Shock, with no additional Maelstrom cost.
    4pc: When an Overloaded spell critically hits, gain 150(?) Intellect, Critical Strike, Haste or Mastery for 5 seconds.
    Brings both Mastery and Crit up to incredible value, synergizing with both rather than none of them.

Mobility
    2pc: Lightning Bolt can be cast while moving, and Lightning Bolts increases the damage of your next Lava Burst by 2%. This effect stacks until you cast a Lava Burst.
    4pc: Consuming Lava Surge allows your next non-instant Lava Burst to be cast while moving.
    Mobility issues are gone immediately, but I refuse to believe that this would be implemented via tier bonuses, as they would then be gone again next tier.

Lava Surge
    2pc: Lightning Bolt has a 5% chance to grant Lava Surge, and when it fails to do so the chance increases by 2% until it does.
    4pc: Lava Surge now stacks. Casting Lava Burst while affected by Lava Surge will consume all the stacks. Each stack consumed will cause you to cast an additional Lava Burst.
    Somewhat increases mobility due to more Lava Surge procs, and also removes the negative aspect of not casting Lava Bursts fast enough to not loose Lava Surge stacks. Lightning Bolt chance to grant Lava Surge isn’t reset when Lava Surge is granted from Flame Shock.

Stormkeeper
    2pc: Lightning Bolt will always overload at least once.
    4pc: Chain Lightning and Lightning Bolt overloads reduce the cooldown of Stormkeeper by 0.3 seconds.
    A simple Stormkeeper buff, which buffs both AoE and ST.

Elemental Focus
    2pc: Elemental Focus is also granted by overloading Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst.
    4pc: Elemental Focus now stacks indefinitely. When an overloaded spell critically hits, all your current stacks of Elemental Focus are consumed into another overloaded version of that spell.
    Elemental Focus was the focus of Tier 19, so I’m not really keen on this being the focus of Tier 20, but it’s better than our current, which says a lot considering no one really wants to change from Tier 19 to 20…

Earth Shock
    2pc: Spending 110 or more Maelstrom on Earth Shock grants you 1000 Haste, Mastery, Critical Strike or Versatility for 7 seconds.
    4pc: Earth Shock is included in your Mastery: Elemental Overload.

Lava Burst and Flame Shock
    2pc: Whenever an active Flame Shock doesn’t grant you Lava Surge, its chance to grant Lava Surge increases by 5% until it does.
    4pc: Casting Lava Burst while affected by Lava Surge causes your next Lava Burst to Overload at least once.

Fire Elemental
    2pc: Fire and Magma Elemental’s attacks are affected by your Mastery: Elemental Overload.
    4pc: Your Earth Elemental is now a Magma Elemental (basically an Earth Elemental with the same amount of damage as Fire Elemental).

Chain Lightning
    2pc: Chain Lightning can bounce to 2 additional enemies. If only 1 enemy is struck, damage and Maelstrom generation is increased by 50%(?).
    4pc: At 125 Maelstrom, if you cast a spell that generates Maelstrom, you automatically cast a free Earth Shock at your target.

Something not related to Flame shock.

I have no idea why Blizzard think it's so awesome to shove down this DoT / Multi DoT into every single Caster spec.

If i wanted to play DoT related stuff, i'd be playing SP / Affli, i've had my Multi Dot fun during HFC via the Class Trinket, the "spin" via adding FE into the mix doesn't help because i dislike FE, the idea of summoning a guardian that does nothing but "damage" is just not compelling to me.

I do like the sound of the free earth shock at full maelstorm. it would not be a huge buff as we only earthshock what every 30secs or so. so gaining like 10GCD's over the corse of the fight? but it would really help during ascendance.

- - - Updated - - -

It can't be for T20 i think it would have to be for the last raid of a x-pac but something along the lines of

4p: you may now stack mastery over 100% allowing overload to proc twice.

and a nice 2p but might make even more RNG so maybe bad but.

2p: your Overloads now have a chance to proc a 2nd overload.

So 1 spell could hit a target 5 times. maybe to OP. so LvB cast mastery hit 1 and submastery hit 1 then mastery proc 2 and submastery hit 2
    Last edited by Caatraa; 2017-06-03 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Something not related to Flame shock.

I have no idea why Blizzard think it's so awesome to shove down this DoT / Multi DoT into every single Caster spec.

If i wanted to play DoT related stuff, i'd be playing SP / Affli, i've had my Multi Dot fun during HFC via the Class Trinket, the "spin" via adding FE into the mix doesn't help because i dislike FE, the idea of summoning a guardian that does nothing but "damage" is just not compelling to me.
    Flame shock is hardly in the same universe as affliction multidotting. And we're "damage dealers". So I'd rather summon a guardian that deals damage than heals you. What is extremely boring is "Lightning bolt crit chance increased by 10%.". Or "elemental focus blah, blah". It's all the same. Damage is being increased. We've always had elementals. A set bonus doesn't turn us into a "Pet class".
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Flame shock is hardly in the same universe as affliction multidotting.
    The point is, multi dotting becomes an even greater part of Elemental, something i do not enjoy because i'd rather deal damage directly rather than via Dots.

It's simply a personal preference because i think it's rather refreshing to have a caster that doesn't have to multi dot.

And we're "damage dealers". So I'd rather summon a guardian that deals damage than heals you.
    Still doesn't change the fact that FE is one of the most boring CD's in the entire Game.

FE is a Searing Totem that can move, the due it's long duration and mediocre damage, it's pointless to play around any Trinket Procs, it doesn't change your rotation, it doesn't do any kind of special AoE / Cleave damage, this spell does not add any kind of depth to the spec.

What is extremely boring is "Lightning bolt crit chance increased by 10%.". Or "elemental focus blah, blah". It's all the same. Damage is being increased. We've always had elementals.
    Set Bonuses during the first tier are rarely meant to be special, besides, i never said that the T19 Set Bonuses were well designed, but at least they were actually good.

A set bonus doesn't turn us into a "Pet class".
    First off, i never claimed that we become a pet Class.

Second, if we were one, then FE might be actually interesting, but we're not and FE is not a good cooldown, even if it actually dealt decent damage.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-06-04 at 01:11 PM.