Blood DK Challenge Trinkets Question

I've got 5 options:

Post-Kruul EDIT: Hooray! Beat him with a 905 Memento (weekly chest OP) and the Gronntooth War Horn, plus Shoulders and Sephuz. Equipped ilvl was 898, but Groontooth dragged it down. Ilvl 903 if I put on my regular tank trinket instead of GWH.

Huge thanks for the trinket assistance!

-----------------------------------------------

860 Arcanocrystal
    875 Memento of Angrboda
    890 Majordomo's Dinner Bell
    885 Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid
    905 Might of Krosus

Looking for max DPS because surviving normal damage isn't a problem. Currently looking at Arcanocrystal and Might of Krosus, but I know a lot of Blood DKs roll with Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid for this Artifact Challenge. Thoughts?

EDIT: Below, Honro mentions Gronntooth War Horn, which is likely bonkers for this. Will try Gronntooth + Might of Krosus.
    Last edited by Skjaldborg; 2017-06-09 at 02:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might of Krosus is surely better than Claw, having higher ilevel (the passive strength being more important than the proc/active) and also being the only Nighthold DPS trinket that doesn't have reduced value for tanks.

Gronntooth War Horn (815ilvl) > Every other trinket.

This trinket is broken for the Artifact challenge. I was just testing to see how good it was (I had seen other posting about it), However, I ended up completing the challenge at 903ilvl and I didn't pot or lust! I had the haste food from prior pull (Korvos died heh). Legendaries I had were the Boots + Wrists.

I got to Kruul, and using DRW on pull, I still had 54secs before it came off CD! So even with no Drums OR pots, I died to 3rd Annihilate, but NPC's finnished the ~90k health he had left.

I cant recommend this trink enough. Also, FYI its getting a buff in 7.2.5 patch!

I guess 10% damage to demons is no joke. Even if you sacrifice some stats in that trinket slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Honro View Post
    Gronntooth War Horn (815ilvl) > Every other trinket.

This trinket is broken for the Artifact challenge. I was just testing to see how good it was (I had seen other posting about it), However, I ended up completing the challenge at 903ilvl and I didn't pot or lust! I had the haste food from prior pull (Korvos died heh). Legendaries I had were the Boots + Wrists.

I got to Kruul, and using DRW on pull, I still had 54secs before it came off CD! So even with no Drums OR pots, I died to 3rd Annihilate, but NPC's finnished the ~90k health he had left.

I cant recommend this trink enough. Also, FYI its getting a buff in 7.2.5 patch!
    Can anyone else confirm that the gronntooth is so strong? I mean it does seem likely but I'd like more insight

I was under the impression that the melee trinkets didn't work while in tank specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Honro View Post
    What buff?

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    What buff?
    He means you can now bring trinkets to 110. It's not being "buffed" per se, just that it can now get to a higher ilvl and thus more stats. But only if you get it upgraded.

Gronntooth War Horn is already 110, so I don't think there's any buffs coming to it in 7.2.5.

It CAN proc for Blood, can confirm from personal experience, and it can overwrite itself, starting over at 15 seconds when you were only 1 second into a new proc. The reason why it will be good despite that is the extension on killing blows, since in the challenge you're killing Nether Horrors and Tormenting Eyes all the time. Plus, everything in there is a Demon, so you're getting 10% damage to everything.

Plus when it procs it gives more Strength than a 905 Might of Krosus. I can absolutely see why it's great for this and will run Gronntooth War Horn + Might of Krosus in my next attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    He means you can now bring trinkets to 110. It's not being "buffed" per se, just that it can now get to a higher ilvl and thus more stats. But only if you get it upgraded.
    But it already goes to 110. In fact, you can only use it from 100 to 110.