Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Master-looting Mythic Gul'dan Mount

So, my guild is consistently progressing on Mythic Gul'dan right now, and are steadily getting into p3 at this point, so a kill is very likely to happen prior to Tomb, and most likely will happen tonight or Sunday night.

Now, since we are so close to killing Gul'dan, I whispered one of our leaders what was going to happen with the mount, to which he responded that the first one would be master looted to the person they felt contributed the most to the raid's success this tier.

Now, I have a few things wrong with this.

First, this hasn't been communicated to the raid publicly, at all. What happens when the mount drops, and all the officers go "This is being given to XXX because they contributed the most" and then proceed to masterloot the mount? If I didn't know beforehand, I would be absolutely pissed.

Second, I find that Master Looter is best utilized when it's used to give pieces of gear to the person that would benefit the raid the most. AKA, all the gear goes to the dps first, because every fight gets easier with higher dps. Master Looting a mount does nothing to improve the raid.

Third, what is considered "the most contribution" to success? The person that performed highest on parses? The person that fucked up the least? The person with perfect attendance? The person that donated the most mats for cauldrons/food? Could someone have theoretically bought the gul'dan mount by spending millions of gold funding the raid?

Fourth, the reasoning behind it is that the group will likely farm mounts for the entire raid group before the expansion is over, but when the hell is that going to be? Nobody's going to want to do this on a progression night in lieu of focusing on Tomb, which means that we'd have to devote another night (or 2 in reality) to farming this mount for everyone to get one. We have a 26 man roster, so 26 weeks of farming this mount. That's a half a year before the guild can start selling them. How much longer is Legion going to be out, with this mount not set to a 2% drop?

What are your thoughts? Am I just being childish because I most likely will not be in the running for the first mount? How many other guilds ML mounts?

Ask your guild not a bunch of random people on the internet.

I think other guilds just hand them out to anyone because they know they will kill it enough times for everyone to get it.

If the mount is that big of a deal to you idk what to say. You'll get it eventually we still have all of ToS and w/e the Argus raid will be called and by the time your in mythic ToS you'll easily be able to smash M NH on an off night.

ours was master looted to a member who rerolled a bear cause our main tank went on a vacation which would've halted our progress before Tomb ended. So I don't see a problem with the first being ML if the recipient is deserving.

Ours was personal looted by a guy who forgot to set it to master loot...i think it was an inside job

We do 1 week master loot, 1 week random roll, for every kill you attend you're online/available for you get to add 50 to your maximum roll

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If some dude is raiding while on life support then I'd say that's a reasonable, uh, reason to have it specifically given to someone rather than rolled for. That said, since you know their intentions then it's probably not a bad idea to let others know on behalf of your guild leaders unless they're keeping quiet to minimize the amount of ass sucking which'll happen if it got out.

Otherwise, once you overcome that first kill you're pretty much opening the door to open roll farming.

If it goes to the GM's gf/wife/bf/whatever then I'd call bullshit on that though. Handjobs during bio breaks shouldn't count.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

why another night? you only need kill elissande and guldan and with tomb gear is gonna be easier. Even a person with the mount could just extend lockout in elissande forever so you just need to kill guldan, so 15 minutes a week.

Master Loot is very common. The mounts in general are a major reward at end game raiding.

I master loot it and make sure the people who have been there from first mythic kill to the last boss kill get rewarded, with rolling someone who just joined a few weeks ago could get it. Loyalty plays a major role.

Quote Originally Posted by loots View Post
    Ours was personal looted by a guy who forgot to set it to master loot...i think it was an inside job
    Hahaha same here.

But the original plan was to allow most people to just roll on it and it would go to the winner (only a few people were excluded, mostly due to bad attendance).
    After the first one we have been doing it with rolls.

Kind of depends on how much you trust your guild, i've been in a guild that thought it was ok to hand out everything to officers first, not necessarily the best players in guild either , but when all the officer end up 15-20 ilvls higher than everyone else master loot looks less attractive

Deleted
    we freely 'randomed' our first one, and the second one we gave to a guy who's been 'sat' on progression throughout the expansion because other melee classes have been prefered over his, and the fact that he didn't once complain or throw a fit about it.

We just let people roll for it(still using masterloot, of course), we'll all get it before end of the expansion anyway.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Personally I think the mount should follow the guild hierarchy, so the order of giving should be gm > officers / raid leaders > core raiders who were long in the guild, had close to perfect attendance and contributed to the guild's progress > raiders who joined later or had less solid attendance > trials > sell for gold.

GM / officers are usually the people who keep the guild together so it doesn't go to shit, I don't consider it "ninja" if they take first mount since everyone will get theirs anyway (last expansion the guild I was in was selling BH mount twice per week, we were even clearing him with alts during HFC).

What I dislike is "raid rolling" the mount and then it going to some dude who's barely a month in the guild and then he /gquits for greener pastures (happened to my friend, he rolled second highest and the top guy took the mount and left the guild next day). It's demoralizing. I rather wait knowing the mount went to the people who are the foundations of the guild and the raid team and without them the boss would've never be killed than random guildhoppers because they were lucky on rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukenshin View Post
    We do 1 week master loot, 1 week random roll, for every kill you attend you're online/available for you get to add 50 to your maximum roll
    That makes sense. But maybe there should be something added to the floor of the roll as well not just the ceiling, otherwise you might go on unlucky streak and never benefit from the bonus.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-06-01 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    why another night? you only need kill elissande and guldan and with tomb gear is gonna be easier. Even a person with the mount could just extend lockout in elissande forever so you just need to kill guldan, so 15 minutes a week.

Still need 4 elisande kills in order to skip to elisande. We extended our lockout after our first kill. So, nobody can skip to her. Based on the time it took to clear up to elissande (1 raid night + an hour of another), it's going to take at least 1 full day to clear mythic, even when progressing through tomb. Until we get those 4 clears (so, 3 more weeks), it's going to take more than 15 minutes a week. This is our 3rd straight week of pure gul'dan.

Also, mythic is a set raid id. You can't indefinitely extend the lockout and kill gul'dan over and over, as that lockout only has 1 gul'dan, and when he's dead, he's dead for the entire raid id. Unless that changed as of Legion? I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue I see is that they've not talked in the raid about this. Sometimes most contributed is easy to spot, other times not. We can't tell in your raid's case.

Most elegant solution has always been to roll for the mount:

Roll 1-110 if you were in the guild from the start of the tier
    Roll 100 if you joined the guild after the start of the tier

Everyone has a chance to win the mount, and more long-term members feel they get a little bit of preference without the newer members feeling like they are just waiting their turn for the older crowd to all get the mount.

That being said, I don't really have any qualms about the very first mount being guaranteed to someone who the leadership feels went above and beyond during the tier. If said person "bought" the mount by donating to the guild bank, you should be thanking them.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    giving the mount to relevant people is quite normal

Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    So, my guild is consistently progressing on Mythic Gul'dan right now, and are steadily getting into p3 at this point, so a kill is very likely to happen prior to Tomb, and most likely will happen tonight or Sunday night.

Now, since we are so close to killing Gul'dan, I whispered one of our leaders what was going to happen with the mount, to which he responded that the first one would be master looted to the person they felt contributed the most to the raid's success this tier.

Now, I have a few things wrong with this.

First, this hasn't been communicated to the raid publicly, at all. What happens when the mount drops, and all the officers go "This is being given to XXX because they contributed the most" and then proceed to masterloot the mount? If I didn't know beforehand, I would be absolutely pissed.

Second, I find that Master Looter is best utilized when it's used to give pieces of gear to the person that would benefit the raid the most. AKA, all the gear goes to the dps first, because every fight gets easier with higher dps. Master Looting a mount does nothing to improve the raid.

Third, what is considered "the most contribution" to success? The person that performed highest on parses? The person that fucked up the least? The person with perfect attendance? The person that donated the most mats for cauldrons/food? Could someone have theoretically bought the gul'dan mount by spending millions of gold funding the raid?

Fourth, the reasoning behind it is that the group will likely farm mounts for the entire raid group before the expansion is over, but when the hell is that going to be? Nobody's going to want to do this on a progression night in lieu of focusing on Tomb, which means that we'd have to devote another night (or 2 in reality) to farming this mount for everyone to get one. We have a 26 man roster, so 26 weeks of farming this mount. That's a half a year before the guild can start selling them. How much longer is Legion going to be out, with this mount not set to a 2% drop?

What are your thoughts? Am I just being childish because I most likely will not be in the running for the first mount? How many other guilds ML mounts?
    oh the pains of the raiding elite
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP