Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    My guild is hanging it out based on who's been in the gold longest (we formed at the start of the tier for the most part). People can opt to revive 100k instead of the mount, and just get the mount later in the xpac when it's not wanted by anyone. Officers get the mount last. So far, people are generally okay with it.

Yes OP, you are being childish.

That being said, guilds have many ways of distributing the mount.

Free roll for everyone, by attendance, by merit or loot council decision, by epgps, whatever.

None is the best, and none is the worst, they're just different ways of dealing with it, each with its merits.

We rolled the first 3 freely, plan to roll a couple more, and at some point we'll distribute by attendance or something like it. No hassle, no drama.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    My guild is hanging it out based on who's been in the gold longest (we formed at the start of the tier for the most part). People can opt to revive 100k instead of the mount, and just get the mount later in the xpac when it's not wanted by anyone. Officers get the mount last. So far, people are generally okay with it.
    Where does the 100k come from?

i have a feeling that its not to do with it being on master loot but more do do with the fact that the officers want to give it to who they feel was the top contributor that teir and not by a roll the who raid could have different opinions of who the top contributor was to the teir and of course the offices can just vote for 1 of their own.

i see that as the ops problem not the fact its on ml

I was in a daytime guild that did this during HFC and it ended up sucking. First, the officers got mounts, but none of the core raiders thought that much of it because we were going to kill it 20 times. However, people started quitting after getting mounts, and the GM decided to bring in friends (that were carries), give them officer titles, and just start giving them mounts over raiders. Then we had to recruit more people, some of whom the GM said needed to get mounts first because that was the incentive to attract them to fill spots in the first place. The whole thing was just run very loosely and however the GM felt, which did cause some people to leave, but there aren't a lot of options in the daytime so many were (probably still are) stuck.

Probably the best option for you is to just open up communication for it and see if you can get concrete expectations laid out, and then you can decide what's best for you based on whatever that ends up being.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    We raid roll mounts, and for gear, we use the Loot Master addon, anyone who says main spec upgrade rolls, if no one for main spec upgrade, then OS rolls, easy as pie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    I was in a daytime guild that did this during HFC and it ended up sucking. First, the officers got mounts, but none of the core raiders thought that much of it because we were going to kill it 20 times. However, people started quitting after getting mounts, and the GM decided to bring in friends (that were carries), give them officer titles, and just start giving them mounts over raiders. Then we had to recruit more people, some of whom the GM said needed to get mounts first because that was the incentive to attract them to fill spots in the first place. The whole thing was just run very loosely and however the GM felt, which did cause some people to leave, but there aren't a lot of options in the daytime so many were (probably still are) stuck.

Probably the best option for you is to just open up communication for it and see if you can get concrete expectations laid out, and then you can decide what's best for you based on whatever that ends up being.
    LOL what corrupt ass guilds have you been playing in

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Ask your guild not a bunch of random people on the internet.
    I like you.

It's a mount, the most meaningless thing in the entire game, you're pushing this way fucking out of proportion.

You're not supposed to go crazy over it, and your guild is not supposed to even think about it. You are supposed to all roll for it and not give a shit who gets it.

It's a mount.