Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    After playing him more and more, I just can't help it. He feels so extremely dull to play.

Duelling is all about knowing which Heroes you can kill faster than they kill you, because you must impaired to lose favourable 1v1 as all you need to do is apply DoT and spam the shit out of Wraith Strike.

Team fighting is practically the same, you just try to spread the DoT with Tormented Souls and jump on favourable duel while spamming the shit out of Soul Rip to stay alive.

I feel like there is no playmaking, the difference between good and bad Malthael is knowledge of favourable 1v1s and when to engage. With the way his kit works, you can't make any plays other than going all in and sticking to target like a glue.

I don't know, maybe I am wrong. I like him as character, but the gameplay is just not fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    After playing him more and more, I just can't help it. He feels so extremely dull to play.
    I've been having so much fun with him! Sneaking up on enemy team from their escape route, hitting all of them / blocking it off with a lvl 20 talented death shroud. Popping TS then blinking 1 by 1 and killing them all.

Give this build a try if you haven't: 1321233

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zil-Z View Post
    I've been having so much fun with him! Sneaking up on enemy team from their escape route, hitting all of them / blocking it off with a lvl 20 talented death shroud. Popping TS then blinking 1 by 1 and killing them all.

Give this build a try if you haven't: 1321233
    I tried numerous builds, I am just wondering if other people share my feelings or am I missing something.

Watching even pro-players playing him I see nothing which I don't understand, I just can't understand favourable trades as quickly as them nor are my engages as calculated. Which is matter of timing really, it is not like watching Rich on Zeratul where he makes insane plays look easy.

I can't help but think that a lot of his popularity is due to how strong he is, his kit is kinda meh if you ask me. His teleport is neat, but it's basically a more reliable Chen Kick, the wave isn't very intriguing and you more or less hold Q during team fights.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh