Thread: Wowhead down

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wowhead down

Wowhead has been down for 12 hours now. I can't play wow without it (as I look things up constantly), what is happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Wowhead has been down for 12 hours now. I can't play wow without it (as I look things up constantly), what is happening?
    Perculia posted this on Discord earlier.
    Wowhead's service provider is causing our intermittent site issues. it's taking a while to fix because the various companies we work with are finding the issue difficult to replicate and suggesting we try different leads. this error is not caused by ads, or faulty code the wowhead staff can fix - all we can do is to keep nagging various providers to escalate the issue and provide them with error logs

Hopefully they take the time to fix all the issues on their site whilst it's not live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead has been near-unusable for me lately anyway. I use Adblock Plus and there is still so much getting through that it has literally caused my Chrome to give up (message along the lines of "Awww snap! We seem to have run out of memory while attempting to load this page.").

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably died because of all the ads
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I'm just narked as if I can't get on soon it'll reset my "Daily Login" streak

Working fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    I am not even sure if the ads are intended. Looked more like as if their search bar was compromised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Working fine for me
    Still down here

Works fine for me as well.

Repeating what Danzel said above: Wowhead's service provider is causing our intermittent site issues. it's taking a while to fix because the various companies we work with are finding the issue difficult to replicate and suggesting we try different leads. this error is not caused by ads, or faulty code the wowhead staff can fix - all we can do is to keep nagging various providers to escalate the issue and provide them with error logs

Hopefully for good. Bring back thottbot!!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Definitely used wowhead for 30+ minutes less than 12 hours ago. Works now too.

Do you really need it that badly? lol I mean I go there a lot, but probably average less than 1 visit per play session.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Wowhead has been near-unusable for me lately anyway. I use Adblock Plus and there is still so much getting through that it has literally caused my Chrome to give up (message along the lines of "Awww snap! We seem to have run out of memory while attempting to load this page.").
    uBlock Origin + uBlock Origin Extra

Install them in Chrome. Now.

Teh awesome. You will feel it.

Dump Adblock Plus. It's electronic fecal matter.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Hopefully for good. Bring back thottbot!!
    I miss thottbot too lol. Allakazam (dunno how it was spelled) was my favorite. I was actually raging at wowhead earlier for not having droprates on something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    uBlock Origin + uBlock Origin Extra

Install them in Chrome. Now.

Teh awesome. You will feel it.

Dump Adblock Plus. It's electronic fecal matter.
    Thanks! I'll check that out. Adblock was great for years, but now so many sites are finding ways to get crap throuh. Wowhead and MMO-Champion seem to be the worst offenders, but Wowhead level of ads blows everyone out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I miss thottbot too lol. Allakazam (dunno how it was spelled) was my favorite. I was actually raging at wowhead earlier for not having droprates on something.
    Yep, good ol' thottbot. One comment about the item, where it drops and such, a thousand comments about hunter items and Mankrik's wife. Nostalgia.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Thanks! I'll check that out. Adblock was great for years, but now so many sites are finding ways to get crap throuh. Wowhead and MMO-Champion seem to be the worst offenders, but Wowhead level of ads blows everyone out of the water.
    It's really more that Adblock started taking payments to allow ads to go through.

Yep, good ol' thottbot. One comment about the item, where it drops and such, a thousand comments about hunter items and Mankrik's wife. Nostalgia.
    2hander with no stats and an on-hit dmg proc?

huntier weapwn!!!!

I honestly did not like wowhead at all when it started. Thought the other datamining sites were much better designed and preferred MMOC for news.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    2hander with no stats and an on-hit dmg proc?

huntier weapwn!!!!

I honestly did not like wowhead at all when it started. Thought the other datamining sites were much better designed and preferred MMOC for news.
    Yeah but curse now owns everything, iirc. So rip

Yeah but curse now owns everything, iirc. So rip
    who are themselves owned by Twitch

#whatisthistwitchapponmydesktop