Thread: Nethershards

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nethershards

I have 250k Nethershards and was going to save them to hunt a ToS trinket on release.
    However, that won't be happening.

Any cool ideas on what to do with them?
    I have already opened 70x Trinkets

Source:
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...04885234139137
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...00747427504128

There's that one pet and toy in there, you got em? You could save the shards till you get high AP knowledge and use the AP tokens to charge up yyour alt weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post

I have 250k Nethershards and was going to save them to hunt a ToS trinket on release.

Source:
    If you're patient, sit on them until they decide to make the tokens BoA.

If you're impatient, buy chestpieces (traditionally the highest-vendoring armor piece) and sell them for some gold.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    You could buy the Nether Disruptors and farm the portals for more AP if thats something you need. Or target a legendary you want
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    If you're patient, sit on them until they decide to make the tokens BoA.

If you're impatient, buy chestpieces (traditionally the highest-vendoring armor piece) and sell them for some gold.
    Well, as you can see. My alts have a massive collection of Nethershards themselves.
    Not sure if them being BoA would have any effect on me. (^_^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    You could buy the Nether Disruptors and farm the portals for more AP if thats something you need. Or target a legendary you want
    I was thinking about farming the Nether Disruptors for Legendaries.
    However, at 250 Nethershards per portal Disruptor.
    It isn't really a sink.

I have tried targeting a Legendary, but the chance is so bad that it isnt worth it.
    Besides I am on 9/10 Legendaries with my last being my bis and currently has 100% chance of dropping.

I am looking to do something stupid, but fun with them.
    Cost is not a problem as I am on 333k atm

eg. Like hunting a specific item using the RNG or something
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2017-06-07 at 07:09 PM.

Well, as you can see. My alts have a massive collection of Nethershards themselves.
    Not sure if them being BoA would have any effect on me. (^_^)
    Sorry, I didn't look at the picture. Just read the post.

Edit: never mind, I understand now. I thought you had this collection on one toon solely.

Edit2: now I'm confused again, you have ~25k on each toon (give or take). I don't understand how you'd be hunting a specific item, given that each relinquished shard costs 5k.
    Last edited by Jimson; 2017-06-07 at 07:21 PM.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

While the crafted legendaries have value, you could buy and sell the Nethershard Essence.
    Gold-wise that is going to be better than the tokens I would think for a long time yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

may i suggest going outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Edit2: now I'm confused again, you have ~25k on each toon (give or take). I don't understand how you'd be hunting a specific item, given that each relinquished shard costs 5k.
    Eg. I have opened 70x Relinquished trinkets and have gotten BtI and CoF already.
    Is there another sought after item to look for?

Hold them, and use them when TOS mythic is released.

At that point, they should be able to titanforge to the new highest ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    While the crafted legendaries have value, you could buy and sell the Nethershard Essence.
    Gold-wise that is going to be better than the tokens I would think for a long time yet.
    This is my last resort.
    It is only like 300k worth of Essence.
    Rather spend it doing something stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    may i suggest going outside?
    No effort was used in getting this amount.
    Only the smart will understand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post
    Hold them, and use them when TOS mythic is released.

At that point, they should be able to titanforge to the new highest ilvl.
    That could be something to test.
    See if Reliq Tokens can titanforge to the updated ilvl.

There hasn't been a response on this.

They will, blizzard has it so that every thing WQs raid loot you name it ALL titan forges to max Ilvl .... There is no way they'd go back and rewrite that code SPECIFICALLY for the nethershards, especially since it will then make nether shards as a currency 100% invalid, which also invalidates the invasions, and the sentinax ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post
    They will, blizzard has it so that every thing WQs raid loot you name it ALL titan forges to max Ilvl .... There is no way they'd go back and rewrite that code SPECIFICALLY for the nethershards, especially since it will then make nether shards as a currency 100% invalid, which also invalidates the invasions, and the sentinax ect.

It says that they aren't updating them, but naturally Blizz did not clarify on what isnt being updated.

Invasions are still useful for leveling alts, completing quick WQ's and a requirement for the class mount.
    Sentinax - Requirement for class mount and a few achievements.
    Relinquished Tokens - Just catch up gear. Doesn't really have any other meaning.

EDIT: I have opened 100 tokens on the PTR.
    ToS still shows as "coming soon" so cant really consider it a proper test
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2017-06-07 at 07:37 PM.

They said they wern't updating them, which is vague, but the way I take their wording is: "We're not increasing their base Ilvl nor letting them drop newer items"

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    There's that one pet and toy in there, you got em? You could save the shards till you get high AP knowledge and use the AP tokens to charge up yyour alt weapons.
    There's actually a few if you consider the chest room guy sells others AND the chests in his room can have some.

7+ Year Old Account

Source:
    i guess go for legendaries you dotn have
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This is my last resort.
    It is only like 300k worth of Essence.
    Rather spend it doing something stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

No effort was used in getting this amount.
    Only the smart will understand

- - - Updated - - -

yea but with that 300k you could buy wow tokens and get destiny 2 a way better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've farmed over 600,000 nethershards? Now it's your choice what to do with your free time, but honestly, that's just... wow. That sounds incredibly boring. To each their own I guess. If that's what entertains you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    yea but with that 300k you could buy wow tokens and get destiny 2 a way better game.
    Yeah because your opinion on what constitutes a better game is some universal fact that everyone must adhere to, and heaven forbid other people beg to differ. Let alone the fact you're comparing an MMO to an FPS, which is apples to oranges.

That suxs about not getting the new legs from those tokens, goes against what they said about letting us target legs from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    That suxs about not getting the new legs from those tokens, goes against what they said about letting us target legs from them.
    They didn't state that the tokens were meant as a targeting for all legendaries, so it doesn't go against something that wasn't said.
    Though if those rings do prove to be BiS or near to it, then I can understand the frustration of losing an option especially for those swimming in shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.