Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBQH, these were the improvements people were asking for, and people still weren't happy w/ Trashran, it's hated by many vocal people and hi-lvl PvPers during WoD.

-- edit #1

But addition of Ashran also showed the difference between what people used to like in instance PvP during WoW's early days and what people like now. Back in the day days long AVs were the norm. And people were relatively ok w/ it, there's almost no drama because of being on receiving end in AV. However, in Ashran experience was quite different, anyone "new" who's joining it was saying two things: "Is this raid doing well?", "Oh fuck, not this bunch of losers again, can you guys lose asap?".
    Old AV was amazing because it was based on your server only. Leaving to que again wouldn't help since most servers would only have 1-2 games going. You knew the people you were playing with and against. There was an ultimate goal and you'd be DAMNED IF THOSE HORDE BASTARDS WOULD BEAT YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardrenn View Post
    Old AV was amazing because it was based on your server only. Leaving to que again wouldn't help since most servers would only have 1-2 games going. You knew the people you were playing with and against. There was an ultimate goal and you'd be DAMNED IF THOSE HORDE BASTARDS WOULD BEAT YOU.
    Just because it's region wide, it's not that different...

In EU during WoD we basically knew all good Ashran raid leaders by class-name-server. Faction was of no use thanks to mercenary mode and people were hoping from one side to another all the time One could predict the outcome of the game by knowing opposing team leader's name.

And there isn't that many PvPers in general, we never were a big group anyways, so if you play regularly you end up knowing many names. I occasionally add people to my friend list this way.

P.S. I'm the Horde bastard
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-06-07 at 07:43 AM.

Because PVP is a tack on onto the game. It has its community yes, but more often than not a fair chunk of said community is raiding the PvE content during weeknights, and therefore on the weekends they have spare time to also do RBG's. Since they wont have to be up early in the morning or are home during the day etc..

Deleted
    So... in short because there isn't a gear treadmill, there aren't suckers to farm and instead you have to play the skilled guys.

I feel so sorry.

At least random queues are faster than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Why does Blizzard think that PvP is in an okay state at the moment? It's not about class balance, it's about being able to play it. Blizzard markets WoW as the biggest MMO on the market, but if you try to find a group for RBGs be ready to sit in the queue for hours. And that's during the prime time. There are literally zero RBG groups outside the prime time. The only times when you can find an RBG group are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 18:00 to 22:00. And even then there will be maybe 5 groups queuing and you'll get farmed by a dedicated RBG guild.

RBGs are a feature of WoW. How in the hell is it okay to market WoW as a "massive multiplayer online game" when half the time you can't even find a group to play? This is a disaster and many people agree. Ask any longtime PvPer and they'll tell you, look, RBGs were a great feature during Cata and MoP and PvPers loved RBGs. There was a panel at Blizzcon 2010 and they said that RBGs would be a new feature. They never said during WoD or Legion development that RBGs would no longer be a feature - but that's effectively what happened.

Same goes for arena. in MoP I could yolo my 100 wins for a mount in an afternoon. Now I spend an hour in the queue just to make a group and then get farmed by pros at 1500 rating. People just can't be bothered anymore. Blizzard needs to either 1) scrap PvP completely and stop marketing it as a feature; 2) keep incentivizing PvP participation until it hits Cata and MoP levels again; 3) scrap team-based queuing and make skirmishes and normal BGs rated instead. PvP can't be left in the state it is currently.

For you PvErs out there, try finding a pug for M+ or NH or EN outside the prime time and see if you can say with a straight face that this is a "massive multiplayer online game". This is awful.
    RBG - are like raids. Only tiny % of playerbase need them.

Also Wow isn't good game for PVP. There are games, that are made for PVP and balanced around PVP. PVE aspects are too strong in Wow - focus will always be shifted towards them, cuz without them Wow wouldn't be MMORPG.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

In EU during WoD we basically knew all good Ashran raid leaders by class-name-server. Faction was of no use thanks to mercenary mode and people were hoping from one side to another all the time One could predict the outcome of the game by knowing opposing team leader's name.

And there isn't that many PvPers in general, we never were a big group anyways, so if you play regularly you end up knowing many names. I occasionally add people to my friend list this way.

It wasn't even close to the same. It was server only. You knew probably 75/80 of the people in there. You raided with them. Did dungeons together. Competed for world bosses. Hung out all day on teamspeak with 15-25 of them. Even those you didn't know well, still had a connection through raiding competition, trading, elite questing, ect.

It's extremely different. There's no point of you trying to twist and tell otherwise because we know how the both systems work. Region wide is horrendous. Battlegroups were at least much smoother and community building.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    RBG - are like raids. Only tiny % of playerbase need them.

Also Wow isn't good game for PVP. There are games, that are made for PVP and balanced around PVP. PVE aspects are too strong in Wow - focus will always be shifted towards them, cuz without them Wow wouldn't be MMORPG.
    I agree with this, when you put WOW beside MOBAs or other newer PvP games it feels awful to play. Also, PvP is simply unwatchable. I spent an hour watching PvP grand finales and the game doesn't feel intense. The casters were embarrassing, they would try to overhype the most boring plays ever and players spend 99% of the time hiding behind pillars. I sometimes watch Arena streams as well and it always ends up being a battle of attrition

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just pvp, if you look at the game macroscopically after mop you will notice that most non raid/dungeon content sucks majorly and is mostly about unimaginative, boring grinds.

Ever since old dev team started to get replaced with the B team(of celestalon, jay wilson etc), towards the end of MoP, the major focus of the game has been raids/dungeons.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about PvP tbh, I'd say if PvP was removed they'd lose at most 5% of their playerbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I beg to differ. Ashran was a good feature when WoD launched but they made it worse with every major patch by A) making it mandatory for your gear progression B) locking certain BiS items behind Ashran C) changing it in a way that made queuing with friends almost impossible while having incredibly long queue times.
    Super awesome. Someone just said the exact opposite of this earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Super awesome. Someone just said the exact opposite of this earlier in the thread.
    Someone said they enjoyed long queue times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Someone said they enjoyed long queue times?
    Someone said Ashran sucked at launch but became cool after all patches Blizzard put in.
    You said it was cool at launch but was ruined by the changes :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Someone said Ashran sucked at launch but became cool after all patches Blizzard put in.
    You said it was cool at launch but was ruined by the changes :-D
    That's pretty much every discussion in a nutshell. You'll always finde someone who believes the exact opposite of what you believe.

1)It doesnt provide any gear, aka no one cares to do it for fast gear on alts.

2)You asked for balanced stats, they gave it, people dont like it.

3)Stop pretending you want to PvP, you just want to pretend you are better than the rest cause your class is FOTM.

PvP is where it should have been , at the side, as side game, dead and forgotten since it doesnt provide anything.

Dont worry, they will put gear back in it next expansion and it will become relevant again.