10+ Year Old Account

Normal Mode Tartaric Depts on Test on PTS

After a few months of EZ LFR Mode of the 10-man Tartaric Depths Raid, the normal Tier One version has just opened for testing on PTS (Public Test Shard). This time it has trash packs as well as three mini-bosses Warden Xilmarth, Drahknar, and Illysia.

Managed to sneak past a few packs and first boss to get a 'selfie' with the first mini-boss Warden Xilnarth but that was the limit of my exploring, you can teleport to all the bosses on PTS but trash packs stopped me getting to the other mini-bosses.

I'm confused, who exactly is this aimed at? Surely anyone who was interested in doing the raid has used LFR to complete it already and has probably run it to death at this point. Anyone who's a serious raider has long gone by the sound of it. That doesn't sound like it has much of an audience left for this "new" content at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    who exactly is this aimed at?
    Eh, Raiders? this is the T1 version, it complements the other T1, Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix, once you have both T1 Raids on 'farm' you complete your Raid T1 gear and are ready for the T2 Raid coming later in the year, LFR Tartaric Depths was just a means to gear up and reach 2200 hit so you can start to run T1 Raids.

Experts --> LFR --> T1 --> T2

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Eh, Raiders? this is the T1 version, it complements the other T1, Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix, once you have both T1 Raids on 'farm' you complete your Raid T1 gear and are ready for the T2 Raid coming later in the year, LFR Tartaric Depths was just a means to gear up and reach 2200 hit so you can start to run T1 Raids.

I think the point he's getting at is...is there even much of a raiding scene left? I know it shrunk quite a bit during NT, but I can't imagine there are too many active raiding guilds left in SFP given the utter lack of raiding content in this expansion so far.

Looking at topofrift, it doesn't look like there are too many guilds left, but not sure how often that site is updated/how accurate it is.

This progression system sounds great in theory, until you consider that people might need to catch up from Expert level to T1 or 2 level long after interest in LFR has faded, if it hasn't already. Splitting the player base for TD into LFR and T1 levels is only going to exacerbate this issue further leaving players who are stuck with Expert level gear unable to make the jump to raiding. It's an issue that will become more prominent as the expansion progresses and people are "left behind" as it were.

I ask again who this is aimed at because another level of TD raiding, a raid I expect most people have already run to death, is going to have more negatives down the road than any positives it may have right now. Unless there a hidden resevoir of talented raiders hiding away that I'm unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Looking at topofrift, it doesn't look like there are too many guilds left, but not sure how often that site is updated/how accurate it is.
    Even from the times I occasionally log on, all I see are people farming the Golems. Never seems to be any actual raid raids going to ROTP, and I've not seen a raiding guild recruitment message in months now. It really seems like the raiding community has shrunk to the point it's almost invisible.

7+ Year Old Account

Good joke.

So instead of releasing this first alongside Tartaric LFR they chose to release a really meh upscale of an already existing raid as the first part of the T1 raid? Not really surprised by that silly move.

Oh and

http://www.topofrift.com/standings/v...of+the+Phoenix

Only 12 guilds cleared it and 18 progressing. Not counting Team B for the German guild then only 11 unique guilds have cleared it. 12 isn't even half of the amount of CoA Normal clears.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-09 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So instead of releasing this first alongside Tartaric LFR they chose to release a really meh upscale of an already existing raid as the first part of the T1 raid? Not really surprised by that silly move.

Oh and

Only 12 guilds cleared it and 18 progressing. Not counting Team B for the German guild then only 11 unique guilds have cleared it. 12 isn't even half of the amount of CoA Normal clears.
    Quick question about that site. Does it pull it's data from the game or does a guild have to register and report? If it's pulling it's data from the game, wow, only 180(they are 10-mans right?) people that are playing these raids. That's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Quick question about that site. Does it pull it's data from the game or does a guild have to register and report? If it's pulling it's data from the game, wow, only 180(they are 10-mans right?) people that are playing these raids. That's really sad.
    I can't be too sure. But well if this raid was doing better than NMT T3 there would more than likely be more guilds listed.

Also 20 mans are a dying breed. Guilds just can't recruit enough or fall apart. That's why these SFP T1 raids are 10 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Had to comment here. LoL - Gaiscioch - that's a social guild at #14 with 3/4 of the 10 man instance.

So, 12 10-man guilds world-wide have cleared it?

120 raiders. world-wide - in an upscaled / revamped old raid.

Heckuva raid community left right there.

Oh, and 4.2 will be the "final" patch to put in the content that was promised at launch in Nov 2016 - patch not even released yet.

2nd rate game with 2nd rate dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Oh, and 4.2 will be the "final" patch to put in the content that was promised at launch in Nov 2016 - patch not even released yet.
    Which pretty much confirms what everyone knew already anyway - That SFP or POA or whatever they're calling it these days needed at least another 9 months in development before it was ready to be released.

Pretty sure 4.2 is just bringing Crucia back for the raid or something related to that. Overusing her to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    people have to input the data, like the giaschioc achieve was from one person in that guild running with a pug group from what i hear. also coriolis? virus? pretty sure these guilds are dead/not around