Thread: Class mount

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I dont mind the mount, I'm using for the moment.
    Would prefer it without the awful helm, and would love a colour choice.

as a monk main, and a bit of a lore nerd, the quest to get your mount was pretty obvious to me, the moment I saw that NPC I was like "I've seen this before, I know what's going to happen, but lets play your little game of hide and seek" (anyone remember the quest with Lorewalker Cho in Kun Lai Summit, who turns out to be the spirit of the last Emperor Shaohao in disguise ?, no ? well then enjoy your quest), thus personally I didnt find it THAT exciting, the mount itself, lacks color variations, which, as any monk player knows, each spec has it own color theme, based on the august celestials which represent them, the result is a mixture of all the "monk colors" which, if your a tmog person who even considers the mount he's gonna be using with a certain tmog, is hard to work around

and there's the fortune cookie narrator bit... yea lets just turn off the audio and pretend it's not there

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the mount but hate the talking. It's irritating enough that I'll probably never use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He looks great, but the dialogue gets old. Wish we got color variations too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I don't mind his speech, but would be nice if there were an option to turn them off for those who don't like it. Same goes for the SP weap.
    That would be a good idea for different variants of him. Since we can't get different colors since our mount is one being, we can get different versions of him with different armor and stuff on.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

He's not a "special" sentient being when the whole monk player base (all 6 of us) ride the same thing. It'd be cool if Blizzard could apply that tech they use for other players' followers where they just appear as an insignificant no-name NPC with a basic follower model on your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Monks have one of the best new mounts - also pre-quest are nice.
    I agree. Monk and Shaman are my favs by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    He's not a "special" sentient being when the whole monk player base (all 6 of us) ride the same thing. It'd be cool if Blizzard could apply that tech they use for other players' followers where they just appear as an insignificant no-name NPC with a basic follower model on your screen.
    why would they do that? and why do you care that other people got same mount as you. And classmounts arent meant to be a rare mount or annything

Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    I dont mind the mount, I'm using for the moment.
    Would prefer it without the awful helm, and would love a colour choice.
    Agree, really like the mount but the helmet is so bad, wish they didnt add it

I don't even have it. I just don't give a single shit about the mount, nor the quests to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    My biggest grip with it is just trying to find a tmog that matches it. Other then that i love it.
    This is what I came up with, what do you think? (Cursed Vision, Mythic T19 Chest, MOP CM Gloves/Pants, Red Belt of Gentle Persuasion, Shadow-Pan Assault Tabard, hidden shoulders/boots.)

Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2017-06-11 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    This is what I came up with, what do you think? (Cursed Vision, Mythic T19 Chest, MOP CM Gloves/Pants, Red Belt of Gentle Persuasion, Shadow-Pan Assault Tabard, hidden shoulders/boots.)

Very cool. I just went with SoO normal set.

I'm using the current PVP set. All tiger'd out. Colors aren't perfectly harmonious (red instead of orange), but they definitely don't clash.

His helmet is a hair on the derpy side, but otherwise we won, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    why would they do that? and why do you care that other people got same mount as you. And classmounts arent meant to be a rare mount or annything
    Literally where in my post was I arguing that I wanted it to be rare to make myself feel more prestigious? I was saying that a sentient NPC in lore seems a bit odd considering every monk is riding it, yet they've applied that tech to followers so not every monk is running around with Li-Li or Chen visible.