Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The fuck? The game is straight up Square fan service and no game in the franchise has particularly graphic violence.
    Cloud + Omnislash + MK gore vs Sephiroth = bloody massacre.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    looks kinda bad for a PS4 game tbh... I mean graphically not gameplay wise or anything...

I dont understand how final fantasy has descended into this flying around dragonballz shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    I dont understand how final fantasy has descended into this flying around dragonballz shit.
    Square Enix really REALLY wants an esports game. There were some surveys sent out a while back to everyone with a SE account asking stuff like 'how likely are you to watch your favourite streamers play dissidia?" and "how regularly do you watch/spend money on competitive gaming events?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    So it is just a brawler?
    its a port of an arcade sequel to a psp game. its like power stone or smash bros where its frenetic jumping around until someone gets a super move. Its not terrible but its just all they have to try and push as a competitive game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    its a port of an arcade sequel to a psp game. its like power stone or smash bros where its frenetic jumping around until someone gets a super move. Its not terrible but its just all they have to try and push as a competitive game.
    I am not that disappointed. I mean smash bros is one of the better games I ever played as long as I had friends and equal competition to play among. I will keep my eye on it.

Ultimecia is so hot !

I borrowed my friend's psp only to play the first game, my favorite character was Squall, until i unlock Gabranth... Yes, he was op

Online 3v3 gameplay.

Looks sweet but can't understand what the hell is going on. Interesting that the summons are more like telegraphed attacks that can be dodged rather than the targeted hits from the rpgs.

Maxmillian teaming up with Square to do character breakdown videos..

Played the beta...it was...ok

Story mode is non existant and its REALLY trying to push you having 2 other friends with consoles and schedules together cause this game is pretty unplayable alone...They have a 1v1 mode but quite a few of characters cannot play 1v1 at all. (Y'shtola and Ramza come to mind)

Also I have NO idea how this is going to be an Esport....this game looks way more complicated than WoW arena does on stream and if you don't know what the fuck is going on its going to be confusing and boring to watch...also apparantly in the first major tournament the winning blow happened off screen cause Square didn't have a good way to monitor all 6 characters flying around a huge arena...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Played the beta...it was...ok

Story mode is non existant and its REALLY trying to push you having 2 other friends with consoles and schedules together cause this game is pretty unplayable alone...They have a 1v1 mode but quite a few of characters cannot play 1v1 at all. (Y'shtola and Ramza come to mind)

Also I have NO idea how this is going to be an Esport....this game looks way more complicated than WoW arena does on stream and if you don't know what the fuck is going on its going to be confusing and boring to watch...also apparantly in the first major tournament the winning blow happened off screen cause Square didn't have a good way to monitor all 6 characters flying around a huge arena...
    I tried it and its the same floaty combat as the rest and really feel like its being sent out to die so close to MHW and DBFZ. But Square Enix is like Blizzard, they are super, super thirsty for an esports darling to be the next Brood War or Halo 2 that just dominates an audience. They even sent out surveys reeking of "give us the numbers to show as evidence that esports is the future" over this game and so far screamer streamers and paid youtube shills are they only folks going "EEEE-SPAWTS BAYBEEE" over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They even sent out surveys reeking of "give us the numbers to show as evidence that esports is the future" over this game and so far screamer streamers and paid youtube shills are they only folks going "EEEE-SPAWTS BAYBEEE" over this one.

It just..doesn't work even if they fix the spectator problem try conveying the damned rules to a mass audiance of "Oh you got to lower their bravery to increase the power of your HP attacks and btw theres like a rock paper scisssors mentality in the classes but we have a 4th mushroom like class that does stuff too... Hey remember Final Fantasy Type 0 here's your favorite character!"

Not to mention the UI is...just atrocious there's so much crap on the friggin screen that I honestly don't care about and really can't figure out a lot of it at a glance..the EX skills on there were just..there while mine and my opponents bravery is just a HUGE blot on the damned corners...

Deleted
    not generally one to fall for the long-haired types but sephirot is a looker in this game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I hope they'll have english voices. I am excited for it. It looks great.
    ..they do ranges from decent(Noctis, Cloud, Sephy) to cringe inducing... (Kuja, Emperor, Terra)

...if by fixed you mean turn her into a generic anime girl then yes...

I thoroughly enjoyed the beta.

I'm going to focus on playing:

- Golbez
    - Bartz
    - Ultimecia
    - Sephiroth
    - ExDeath
    - Emperor
    - Garland
    - Jecht
    - Ace
    - Kain