Simcraft Elemental advice.

Hi, I'm trying to get a better understanding of simcraft. I've managed to get it setup etc thanks to Bays (FinalBossTV) guide.

I'm a returning player with a bag/bank full of gear so I'm cherry picking the best items, while at the same time doing the ground work for ToS. Now I've done this, but simcraft is giving me this stat priority, which differs from the recommended priority listed on Icy Veins.

Int
    mastery
    Vers
    crit
    haste

Pawn string
    ( Pawn: v1: "Rãven": Class=Shaman, Spec=Elemental, Intellect=13.39, CritRating=9.95, HasteRating=9.64, MasteryRating=12.36, Versatility=10.41 )

Am I right in thinking simcraft shows which stat gives the highest benefit depending on the stat values, so this will always change when you swap out gear.
    Also is it worth using a flask, food, rune etc then grabbing the Pawn string or is it better to grab unbuffed raw data?

I hope this makes some sense and thanks for any help.

Icy Veins values are "generic" value for a medium geared shaman, and only give a rough idea about where to start. Simcraft statweight takes into account your actual gear (especially trinkets and legendaries), talents, artefact traits, number of target, and if you're really motivated your rotation (if you want to try changing the default action list, which is not recommended for beginner). For exemple if you try changing the number of target you should see crit and hast drastically increase and mastery going waay down. For this reason simcraft's value are usually better to use. Be carefull that your statweights can change with your stats, and it's totally possible to see say mastery as your best stat, changing your gear to gain 5k more mastery and then seeing crit as your best stat (especially if you hit the mastery softcap), so you should keep running simulation on your gear often.

If you usually go in dungeon/raid with food and flask it's better to include them in simc. If most of the time you don't use them, then don't put them as it might indeed skew the result.

Also note that there will be some changes to elemental in the next patch, so you'll have to re-run simulation again once the final chages are released by Blizzard and Simulationcraft get updated, so don't vendor all the gear that have the "wrong" stat just yet

Check out raidbots.com. You can easily sim your current setup, download the SimC addon for even better customization. They also have a "top gear" option which lets you compare gearsets you have in bags (although limited in # of combinations you can get depending on if you want to donate or no). But yea, what Bethan said. Stat weights change depending on gear and it's more of a balancing act so best to always sim stuff you get to see if it's an upgrade and compare gear sets vs. each other to squeek out the extra dps.

Thanks for the feedback.