Will TF cap stay 925 for heroic tomb week?

'When Mythic ToS opens, the Titanforge cap will go up, but the base item level will not increase.'

This implies that titanforge cap will increase when mythic ToS opens.

What about heroic week? Is this cap staying at 925? Because bosses themselves drop 925 loot in KJ's case. Does this mean KJ loot will be capped already?

Seems rather stupid that loot will be more valuable second week than first. Do we suddenly now keep tier tokens just as tokens to then click them week 2 for chance at TF?

Am I misunderstanding this completely?

If that wording is what they meant then yes it is. Literally no other way to interpret that other than Heroic ToS is capped at 925 except legendaries going to 970.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    'When Mythic ToS opens, the Titanforge cap will go up, but the base item level will not increase.'

This implies that titanforge cap will increase when mythic ToS opens.

What about heroic week? Is this cap staying at 925? Because bosses themselves drop 925 loot in KJ's case. Does this mean KJ loot will be capped already?

Seems rather stupid that loot will be more valuable second week than first. Do we suddenly now keep tier tokens just as tokens to then click them week 2 for chance at TF?

Am I misunderstanding this completely?
    This would actually not be to bad to discourage splitfarming in week 1 since its devalues splitfarming. I also wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard would make it so that Week 1 tokens cannot TF in week 2.

I believe you're understanding correctly. I also interpret their message to mean that it will not be possible to obtain higher than 925 loot in the first week.

However, it's still probably worth it to roll your tokens since even the base ToS loot is going to be better than what you have on.

Deleted
    Yeah I think you are reading it right. Perhaps they dont want the Tomb race to be affected too much by titanforges from heroic tomb. Although that might still happen when they do split runs the second week.

Feels fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowshewicz View Post
    I believe you're understanding correctly. I also interpret their message to mean that it will not be possible to obtain higher than 925 loot in the first week.

However, it's still probably worth it to roll your tokens since even the base ToS loot is going to be better than what you have on.
    For anybody raiding mythic it won't be worth it. You aren't going to NEED tier pieces for clearing heroic, it's better to just wait for mythic week and potentially get higher item level pieces just for waiting.

Interesting... This isn't the first time they've done this though I don't think. I believe the same thing happened during Emerald Nightmare.

I initially had misunderstood your post as rolling bonus coins instead of clicking Tier Tokens to create the pieces.

I think that a lot of players will save their tier tokens for the chance at an upgrade. To me, that's perfectly fine and a simple consequence of the way raid tiers become available. The alternatives are:

1) Up the max ilvl now. Possibly be unpopular as players might feel that "mythic gear" is available before that raid difficulty even drops.
    2) Delay the opening of ToS until Mythic is ready. Obviously, it'd suck if we had to wait an additional week.

In this case, I feel that tier tokens being worth holding onto for a week is the lesser evil.

One final thing to consider: Do we know that holding on to a tier token that dropped in week 1 will allow the tier piece it generates to warforge above 925? Or will the token "know" that it dropped before this was unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    This would actually not be to bad to discourage splitfarming in week 1 since its devalues splitfarming. I also wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard would make it so that Week 1 tokens cannot TF in week 2.
    Going with this point, why is Mythic delayed by a week in the first place?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Going with this point, why is Mythic delayed by a week in the first place?
    I'd imagine for sample data...