WarChasers-like HoTs PvE scenarios

do you guys think the HoTs engine can handle Co-op based PVE maps like the old war chasers from Wc3?

The main issue i think is the amount of work that would go into creating the map. Not just the ideas over what to put in but the balancing act with the roster of heroes we have and would have. Given the largest size of ourmaps, i assume they'll have to create different map stages to transition between.

Will the amount of work be worth the returns for the Blizz? Or more importantly, will it be worth as much as the alternative options those invested resources could have been used for.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-06-09 at 07:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    do you guys think the HoTs engine can handle Co-op based PVE maps like the old war chasers from Wc3?

The main issue i think is the amount of work that would go into creating the map. Not just the ideas over what to put in but the balancing act with the roster of heroes we have and would have. Given the largest size of ourmaps, i assume they'll have to create different map stages to transition between.

Will the amount of work be worth the returns for the Blizz? Or more importantly, will it be worth as much as the alternative options those invested resources could have been used for.
    I'd imagine those kind of things are better left to the SC2 custom maps

HotS runs on that engine anyway.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'd imagine those kind of things are better left to the SC2 custom maps

HotS runs on that engine anyway.
    yes but thats beside the point since we're talking about HoTs general population of players.

TBH, PVE/Co-op is all I'm waiting for in Heroes.

Even DOTA2 has their first PVE campaign in the works, I think it's only a matter of time when HOTS will get its PVE content. Just not right now, since their main focus is still on PVP and how to deal with their whole loot system for any other maps or modes they add in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I wonder if some kind of level/map editor for HotS is something they could/would release. It would come with minimal expenses for Blizzard and the degree to which War3 (and SC2 to some extent) has benefited from it is simply insane. Player made single/coop content would nicely complement the multiplayer aspect of HotS, possibly bring in more players for both (generating spillover) and also keep me occupied for at least a decade forward.

I seem to recall at last years Blizzcon during a HotS Q&A session they mentioned there's a large group of the dev team who wants to add PvE to the game, so definitely something on their radar. I think it would really round out the game and it's something I'm eagerly looking for.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    If they added PVE to HotS and Overwatch I probably wouldn't play anything else for a while ... I loved the PVE events in Overwatch so far and played them like crazy, but haven't touched the game since the last one ended...

Something we at missing right now is custom maps like in Warcraft 3. If there were an option in a more fully supported title like hots it could be a big reason people get into it. But I suppose I just really long for a Warcraft rts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV