Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Confirmed: Trump is Orlong.
    Or maybe trump was googling for latest Fox News or breibert and Orlong's post popped up accidentally, so of course now he believes every single word?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    You guys seem to forget about one of the most important things here. If you exercise a lot, your body is going to recuire a lot more food intake. That alone will put a lot of added stress on your entire body and especially on your digestive system. And what about all that extra muscle mass you carry around? Your entire body will have to work harder to keep itself going. The heart will have to pump more blood around, your lunges will have to take in more air, your gut will have to deal with higher food intake, there will be more Reactive Oxygen Species harming your body, etc, etc.

Obviously it wound't be healthy to sit on your ass all day long and be obese. But I'm sure if you want to get old your best bet is to eat very little (and only the healthy stuff) and exercise very moderately (like taking a 1 hour walk every day and only that).

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Trump believes this too
    This sounds like fake news to me. Source?

Apparently are bodies are like a battery, we have a set predetermined lifespan and exercise just makes us drain our lifespan faster. So the first time I heard this theory was from our very own Orlong but recently I found out that Trump believes this too which is bizarre because I genuinely believed Orlong invented this theory. Is this actually a theory people are peddling towards the naive in America? This is literally the only two times I have heard it and am curious how common it is
    Yup this is why babies are stronger then the rest of us. Just think if Jack LaLanne hadn't spent a life excercising he would have lived to 300.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Said by a fat person?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    You guys seem to forget about one of the most important things here. If you exercise a lot, your body is going to recuire a lot more food intake. That alone will put a lot of added stress on your entire body and especially on your digestive system. And what about all that extra muscle mass you carry around? Your entire body will have to work harder to keep itself going. The heart will have to pump more blood around, your lunges will have to take in more air, your gut will have to deal with higher food intake, there will be more Reactive Oxygen Species harming your body, etc, etc.

Obviously it wound't be healthy to sit on your ass all day long and be obese. But I'm sure if you want to get old your best bet is to eat very little (and only the healthy stuff) and exercise very moderately (like taking a 1 hour walk every day and only that).
    Since when did working out mean extra mass? Muscle has less volume than fat, but is heavier. Also, food intake doesn't generally increase if you workout a lot. If anything, your body works harder when you are unhealthy due to carrying around weight that has almost no purpose, versus muscle that serves multiple purposes.

There's a sort of tangential theory that muscular development and hypertrophy can be a lifespan decreasing factor. The idea is tied to the notion that the longevity of cellular development is tied to telomeres and the more 'size' you add, the more cellular divisions your body undergoes, an the more mitosis your cells undergo, the quicker they 'age'. There really hasn't been a great way to study this yet, so its all just hypothetical, and no one's even tried to determine how much an effect it has, if it has one at all, but its an interesting idea.

It is probably not much different than repetitive industrial or manufacturing work. All that repetitive motion is going to wear down your joints, bones and muscles.

Deleted
    My neurons just died from hearing this theory. This is one of the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

It is correct that Exercise is Unhealthy - however it is also correct to say not exercising is even more unhealthy.

You won't break bones not exercising ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    My grandfather was part of a study that had some people exercise and some people not. All the exercise people died before 65 while the non exercisers all lived past 80 except for those with almost completely sedentary lifestyle (work and home)
    Can we get the published peer reviewed results of this study, or the anecdotal evidence that you're half assedly providing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is correct that Exercise is Unhealthy - however it is also correct to say not exercising is even more unhealthy.

You won't break bones not exercising ...
    This actually is a fair assessment. As someone with extremely weak ankles (prone to breaks and sprains, unfortunately) as well as suffering from a torn labrum in my hip joint, exercise is a chore due to the excruciating pain and limited range of motion, in combination with the risk of hurting myself even more. Plus I'm not going to be a drug corporations milk money by getting my doctor to prescribe opiates, regardless of how many times he asks.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-09-17 at 08:00 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

no sources and obvious bait why wasnt this closed long ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the health benefits from being healthy obviously lead to an early grave....That makes sense. I'm not going to the gym anymore, as I'm now associating having more energy and strength with dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    My neurons just died from hearing this theory. This is one of the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    Reminds me of that Billy Madison quote...

Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to your answer. You are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Apparently are bodies are like a battery, we have a set predetermined lifespan and exercise just makes us drain our lifespan faster. So the first time I heard this theory was from our very own Orlong but recently I found out that Trump believes this too which is bizarre because I genuinely believed Orlong invented this theory. Is this actually a theory people are peddling towards the naive in America? This is literally the only two times I have heard it and am curious how common it is
    That's like claiming that people can live without ever eating food or driking water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    That's like claiming that people can live without ever eating food or driking water.
    They can, according to the definition of "eating" and "drinking" infusions do not count :P

Also, excessive exercising causes an elevated rate of cell division, which same as excessive sunbathing, drinking, other wounds, or anything that causes more cell division rises the chance of cancer.
    The reason for this is that the number of cell divisions in normal cells is limited--thus we age.

That is probably what some people misunderstood to mean "exercise is unhealthy", when it should rather be "excessive exercise is unhealthy".
    It comes back to the old saying "everything in moderation", but obviously that is not a saying the rich like to hear addressed at them, especially not Trump, I'd guess.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-10-20 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like something a lazy person would say to avoid exercisin
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Trying to Google it, but couldn't find an article proving that exercise is indeed not healthy. So I guess it's a complete theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Yeah, the health benefits from being healthy obviously lead to an early grave....That makes sense. I'm not going to the gym anymore, as I'm now associating having more energy and strength with dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminds me of that Billy Madison quote...
    Hahaha good one.