Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I doubt it's measuring based on performance. I've been trying to throw games quite some times this season due to me not wanting some assholes to win, picking mercy and just running into the enemy shooting with my blaster. I get 20-30 per win and lose like 20 when I'm doing this. What performance is it measuring exactly?
    You get SR based on how you preform to other players playing the same hero

I doubt it's measuring based on performance. I've been trying to throw games quite some times this season due to me not wanting some assholes to win, picking mercy and just running into the enemy shooting with my blaster. I get 20-30 per win and lose like 20 when I'm doing this. What performance is it measuring exactly?
    Enjoy your ban in the near future then.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    You get SR based on how you preform to other players playing the same hero
    So when I'm throwing I'm performing better than a friend who sometimes gets close to no rating when we win and loses a ton?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destriel View Post
    Enjoy your ban in the near future then.
    I've been doing this since season 1, no ban so far.

So when I'm throwing I'm performing better than a friend who sometimes gets close to no rating when we win and loses a ton?
    Your hidden MMR might just be low from throwing as well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Your hidden MMR might just be low from throwing as well
    I kind of doubt that. My rating during an evening of playing can fluctuate like 300-400 depending on how much we win or lose. If we go on a winning streak I'm getting up towards 40-60 rating per win. Happened last season, went from 2400 to 2800 in a few games. If we go on a losing streak, I lose just as much. My friends rating barely fluctuates, it's more like 100.

Why would a low hidden MMR make me gain more than my friend anyhow?
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-06-11 at 07:46 AM.

I would be interested to know how they worked it out, For examples if you just went around shooting people with Mercy your damage is going to be way higher than other Mercy players in comparison so will the system give you extra "kudos" for that

SOme trolls/griefers are easier to spot than others. Some get upset in the middle of a match because someone on the team hates their pick and they get into it (as a for instance), things escalate, and that person picks a healer and then stands at the cap point doing emotes while telling you they won't heal. That person started off legitimately trying but then got pissed and became a griefer.
    Some people start a match and act like they are playing, but do things really bad. Like picking Junkrat and lobbing grenades in the area of the enemy team while not trying to hit anyone. Like shooting to the right of the cap point while all the enemy team is on it. They are grieving your team, but this is so hard to figure out/prove because they are acting like they are just bad.
    TLDR: some are very obvious while others aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah I don't know what block actually does except perma mute someone. It doesn't stop you from being grouped with someone; Blizzard took out that functionality last year because people were using it to avoid really good players AFAIK.
    I feel like they could really easily solve that by only letting you chose to decline to group with someone who were actually on your team during the match. Possibly with some popup warning about how excessive use of the feature can cause you lengthier queues. That way you can't decide to block a really good player from the enemy team but you can still avoid the scumbag/griefer/whathaveyou that was on your team.

Deleted
    I heard that europe has the worst community. All I get here is just trolls at GM raitings caues people get burnout...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Once you move out of low ranks and low levels, there are fewer griefers and people or people that ardently maintain that they're hanzo mains and the guy they're queued with is a widow main.
    How do get out of low ranks? god i fucking rock with rein win or lose mvp but i am stuck at 1200 rating. always no healer or some retarded pick like widow on attack, fucking 0 rating thinking he can carry and picks genji etc.

Why do you think I stopped playing late last year? It's all griefers, terrible teams who ignore objectives (Overwatch is WoW BGs?) and smurfing everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    How do get out of low ranks?
    Just keep playing.

Yes, the teamwork and communication is much worse at 1200 - but remember the other team is suffering from it too.

As long as you keep playing, you will eventually climb out of it if your personal skill is higher than 1200. It just might take some time. I had a 1k SR plummet last season (before they removed snowballing) that took me only a few days to drop but like three weeks to climb out of. Try playing at different times; I seem to have a much worse experience on the weekends, for example, than I do on weeknight evenings. It's also worth getting some experience on other heroes rather than "maining" one since that gives you more flexibility to swap based on what your team needs (or what you need to counter) This is probably especially important for you since Rein is one of the least popular tanks right now and he may not fit well with the kind of comps people are playing at the moment.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

or some retarded pick like widow on attack, fucking 0 rating thinking he can carry and picks genji etc.
    Widow is very good on attack, especially on maps such as King's Row, Hollywood or Volskaya. There are several high grounds areas for her where she can punish ennemies with bad positioning.

Rein is one of the least popular tanks right now and he may not fit well with the kind of comps people are playing at the moment.
    rein is life rein is love. I don't follow any trends or anything. what makes it least popular? I am pretty good with d.va as well if that helps.

rein is life rein is love. I don't follow any trends or anything. what makes it least popular? I am pretty good with d.va as well if that helps.
    People are often going for super mobile comps and using Winston/Dva as tanks, along with Genji/Tracer/Lucio/Pharah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Have to say I'm having the same issues or was, not played for a bit due to RL.

Long story short due to previous ratings dating back to S1, I placed in 1200 in S5 with 8 wins 1 loss 1 draw. I climbed my arse from there up to 2200, then in the course of one week from trolls and the likes I fell back to 1400

It's really frustrating, especially when you have smurfs playing or people on smurfs advertising a carry to plat service at the end of the day, Just report them all and keep going
    I've seen my rating slowly dip each season as I do my placement matches, drop slightly from the last season's rating with 7-8 wins and then pretty much give up until the next season. I really wish they'd do an ELO reset because I really don't have the time anymore to claw my way out of silver. Pesky adulting gets in the way.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rein isn't bad, it's just that dive/high mobility comps are very popular right now. That means that he's less useful both to your team -- if they are picking those kinds of heroes -- but also may struggle with what the other team picks as they may counter a lot of your utility.

D.Va is a good pick right now. Winston is the other very popular tank, if you are a big fan of tanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

D.Va is a good pick right now. Winston is the other very popular tank, if you are a big fan of tanks.
    i am not a fan of tanks. i dont like tanks. its just i want to win god damn it. nobody picks a tank. I wait few second and all paper heroes are picked. 0 heals 0 tanks. whats even more disgusting is they all start crying pick a tank omg lol. fuck you bitch you pick a tank. I feel like everybody plays whatever they want, I am stuck with a tank. fuck that I am 30 I am too old for this really. I am so pissed and sad -.-

i am not a fan of tanks. i dont like tanks. its just i want to win god damn it. nobody picks a tank. I wait few second and all paper heroes are picked. 0 heals 0 tanks. whats even more disgusting is they all start crying pick a tank omg lol. fuck you bitch you pick a tank. I feel like everybody plays whatever they want, I am stuck with a tank. fuck that I am 30 I am too old for this really. I am so pissed and sad -.-
    Do you play Quick Play or Competitive? If the former, you should really try Competitive. I am a very casual player, therefore i thought QP would be perfect for me - god i was wrong. In Competitive, people care about useful team compositions and my experience is much, much better than in Quick Play.

And btw, i am also one of the older guys (33) and imho, tank is the most relaxing role to play, healer/dps (especially a flanker) is much more hectic and demanding - but this is of course very subjective.

@iddqd I always play ranked. competitive. i think it is the problem with Asia server. last night 3 instant loses because of retarded picks, 3 loses in 15 minutes. Instant. everybody throws picks bullshit. only good thing is the 25ms I have. Then i switched to America. God amazing experience. 3 games 3 wins. all reasonable and people speak English. down side is 250 ms. Still I would take 250 ms with a team who can speak English to communicate over 25ms stupid Korean kids picking bullshit speaking gibberish over any day. god bless usa. had a blast really.