Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I dont know from which part of Asia you are, but european community tends to act fine as well, maybe your ping is better there (i am from germany myself).

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajimo View Post
    I don't play ranked in overwatch, but I've always wondered: how can you tell the difference between an intentional griefer and someone who just isn't very good?
    Usually they tell you they are griefing you. They want the attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @iddqd I always play ranked. competitive. i think it is the problem with Asia server. last night 3 instant loses because of retarded picks, 3 loses in 15 minutes. Instant. everybody throws picks bullshit. only good thing is the 25ms I have. Then i switched to America. God amazing experience. 3 games 3 wins. all reasonable and people speak English. down side is 250 ms. Still I would take 250 ms with a team who can speak English to communicate over 25ms stupid Korean kids picking bullshit speaking gibberish over any day. god bless usa. had a blast really.
    Just curious - did you have to play characters like winston and symmetra to deal with the latency?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

@Orangetai420 Ah no mate I played with D.va, soldier, rein. 4 games 4 wins. gg usa server really. I feel exact same difference in another game called mechwarrior online. if i pick Oceanic server, its kids picking a flat map where they keep spamming long range missiles. if it is usa server, there is latency 250ms but also awesome game play whether win or lose.

aren't you going a little to hard on it man?

Well unplayable its still, with this Pharah bullshit. 0 skill hero, impossible to down when with a mercy. This combo alone wins everything...

But i have a good counter to that: i just leave the game, instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Well unplayable its still, with this Pharah bullshit. 0 skill hero, impossible to down when with a mercy. This combo alone wins everything...

But i have a good counter to that: i just leave the game, instantly.
    Pharah requires some skill. If you just fly out in the open, chances are you will be shut down very quickly. If the pharmercy combo annoys you that much, you have plenty of answers :
    - Go Pharmercy as well ;
    - Get good at Widowmaker ;
    - Go McZen76 ;
    - Dva to nullify her rockets for a time, giving time for your teammates to shoot her ;
    - Roadhog, somehow, to punish the pharah if she doesn't keep enough distance ;
    - etc.

I don't know why I even bother with competitive anymore. It's just an endless cycle of various types of matches for me. Maybe 1 out of 5 matches are any sort of balanced when it comes to matchmaking (win or lose). The rest are steamrolls, trolls, people that show up for the better experience compared to quickplay and put forth minimal effort, and leavers. Oh right, can't forget about always getting matched against smurfs, never with smurfs. Just once I would like to see that happen to the other team. I had a match a couple days ago, played with someone by the name of "Doesntswitch" on my team. Of course they went widowmaker. Proceeded to do poorly (like more than is normal for your average widowmaker). Somehow we won the first round. Then they left, forcing a 5v6 which we had no chance of winning. That feels personal. Like I pissed off someone somewhere somehow and they thought "How else can I fuck up this guy's evening? Oh, I know! I'll match him with this smurf tracer who's aim isn't good enough for grand master, but way too good for platinum!" every time I would watch that person's kill cam, I felt like I was watching an AI.

Anyways, good for all you folks fortunate enough to be doing well, some people are only capable of getting fucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That's actually getting me into lower ranks. Sure I gain 40 for a win but when 1/10 is a win and I lose 20 for each loss it doesn't matter.
    Play better then to win more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    As a solo queuer it's mostly out of your control. You can only play so good, it's not uncommon for the other 5 people on the team to pick DPS heroes, 2 och which are hanzo and widowmaker.
    Yea I know. But the same happens in your enemy team too. In the long run it does come down to your own performance. The more you play the game, better it will normalize that problem. What I mean is if you play 1000 games, it gets pretty 50/50, as in half the time you get those 5DPS and half the time you face them.

Of course if you play only 5 games, it can easily swing to either way.

That's why Tzivas suggestion to "Just keep playing." is actually quite valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    like every other game there is a griefer that ruins the game, gain 20 rating from win and lose 40 due to griefers

does blizzard ever ban them??!???!?!? see the same players over and over in games and no bans???? this game is unplayable due to griefers
    The fault lies solely in the hands of the playerbase.

I've come across insane numbers of griefers this season and the proper thing to do is report them, even if you only have a hunch that they are doing something shady. But all players on your team, and even more so on the enemy team have to do this too otherwise their account won't be flagged properly.

The problem is that almost no one actually does this, most of them just complain and leave the game and the enemy team is too worked up over having an easy win that they don't care to report either so the one report you put it doesn't go far. In a greater view of it you can say that eventually it'll catch up with them, but why should they be allowed to get away with it for that long?

The problem is that the game is about quick matches and people are used to the idea of the "well I don't have to deal with him after this" mentality.

If people are serious about wanting the assholes who throw, grief, or leave games to be banned, they have to start speaking up instead of clamming up.