Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Looks like we got ourselves Julius Caesar or Mark Antony. Possible quest where we help Octavius defeat Cleo
    It's Caesar, clearly. Meaning at least the Ptolemy Civil War will be in the game, if not even the Romans puting back Ptolemy XII (father of XII and Cleo) on the throne of Egypt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's Caesar, clearly. Meaning at least the Ptolemy Civil War will be in the game, if not even the Romans puting back Ptolemy XII (father of XII and Cleo) on the throne of Egypt.
    I was more sure on the caesar end. Will be interesting if we get to deal with the whole Octavious, Mark Antony, and Cleo thing.

So just that I get the gist of this. This game explores how the Assassin's Creed started yes? Or has it already been established?

Deleted
    I was more sure on the caesar end. Will be interesting if we get to deal with the whole Octavious, Mark Antony, and Cleo thing.
    It depends how deep they go with the rise of Cleopatra. Because Gabinius (Mark Antony was his lieutenant) and Ptolemy XII happens during the early years of AC:O, history wise. But the death of Pompey is garanteed to be in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    So just that I get the gist of this. This game explores how the Assassin's Creed started yes? Or has it already been established?
    Bayek will be the one creating the Order.

Bayek will be the one creating the Order.
    Excellent. The game is getting on my must purchase now.

Deleted

If done nicely, it has everything to be one of the best history games ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOOOOhhhhh looks like we get to Help Caesar

Fallout NV mode ready to go!

Yep, someone got the Game Informer before Ubisoft's announcement:

Some of the details on the maganize:

• Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas
    1. These "paths" sound like Far Cry.
    2. No minimap!!! Why??? How do we identify our safe zones and so on?
    3. An eagle for scouting instead of eagle vision to highlight enemies WTF! Being the founder of Brotherhood there is so much space for elaborating how they acquired this ability?
    4. "Speed depends on analog stick", that's gonna be really uncomfortable and what about keyboard and mouse?
    5. "Adrenaline guage for powerful attacks", completely unnecessary; why complicate things without purpose?!
    6. "Puzzles more challenging and less switches", again unnecessary and time wasting!

Everything else is good, and trailers look really promising. Since this is the "Origins" it has to be at least equal to AC2 or even better, else it would be the end of franchise)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot all about this game and it comes out in two days... Damn.

GMG has the pre-order for 15% off, if you log in you can get a VIP voucher for another 5% off. FYI.

so.. on my 4770k/980 on high settings (2 below max) it's running like shit.

welp unity 2.0?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post

welp unity 2.0?
    You have the latest drivers?

Saw one benchmark where a 1080 averages 60 fps at Max settings 1440p. Not as good as I'd expect, but probably not Unity bad?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post

welp unity 2.0?
    4770/980ti here. 1440p, I just had to tone down the AA to low as at 1440p it's taxing and barely needed. Old drivers as well. 50-60 fps constantly (vsync).
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worth getting or it just another Moneygrab that is going to be dependent on their preorder sales?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Witcher 3 meets AC in Ancient Egypt. You decide.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Worth getting or it just another Moneygrab that is going to be dependent on their preorder sales?
    Did you like the Witcher 3? They seem to be borrowing heavily from that game.

Big open world, map covered in lots of question marks, lots of side quests, etc. Lots of crafting/resource gathering.

It has light looter mechanics in the form of color graded loot (blue, purple, gold, etc...) with tiered attributes on them. The attributes are things like increase sneak attack damage, bleeding on hit, etc... The rarer an item the more attributes it has. You can also upgrade weapons at blacksmiths, so if you find a weapon design/attribute combo/etc., you really like, you can basically keep upgrading it for the whole game I guess.

It also has a skill tree similar to what you would see in the Far Cry games, put points in, get new bonuses and skills (like the ability to use the bow in slow motion, air kills, the ability to fast forward time between the day/night cycle, special melee attacks, etc.)

The combat is also a very light version of what you would find in Witcher 3, its not like previous AC games where you just walk in circles until they attack you and then counter and instantly kill them. Enemies have health bars, you lock on and dance around with them dodging/parrying attacks, you have light/heavy attacks, have to break their defenses if they have shields and such, etc...

In terms of free running and climbing stuff, you can climb a lot more than previous AC games. Where before you could only climb certain stuff/along certain paths, in this game you can climb basically anything. You can even climb rock faces and such, pretty much nothing is off limits.

Also the stealth is much better in this game than previous AC games, I am playing a stealthy bow guy and just breezing through everything remaining undetected the whole time.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-10-27 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game really does not run smoothly on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This game really does not run smoothly on PC.
    Yeah, this game and Wolfenstein2 I have heard are not great on PC in terms of keeping up frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this game and Wolfenstein2 I have heard are not great on PC in terms of keeping up frames.
    I have a 1070 and 8gb of RAM(this could probably be it). My processor may be a bit old but there's no reason it should be dropping below 60 constantly on medium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I have a 1070 and 8gb of RAM(this could probably be it). My processor may be a bit old but there's no reason it should be dropping below 60 constantly on medium.
    it could be the ram. However, it is an issue with PC gaming as a whole if you havnt updated in a while this stuff happens. Just FYI Wolfenstein has crash issues (bugthesda publishing) but so far AC:O does not seem the have that particular issue from what I am reading. Also frames will dip in populated areas as there are a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You have the latest drivers?

Saw one benchmark where a 1080 averages 60 fps at Max settings 1440p. Not as good as I'd expect, but probably not Unity bad?
    Yep got latest, they work great on destiny 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    4770/980ti here. 1440p, I just had to tone down the AA to low as at 1440p it's taxing and barely needed. Old drivers as well. 50-60 fps constantly (vsync).
    it's weird, i put it on high pre-set (should be able to do higher np) and turn shadows down to High. im getting 40s, and 30s which dips down to sub 30s while riding in town.