Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's an AC game that took a lot of inspiration from Witcher 3(not as good as Witcher 3, but still does things quite well). If that interests you then sure get it, you should be able to find it regularly for $30 or less at this point.
    I just actually recently beat Witcher 3, and while I understand the complaints about its combat system, I actually loved it a lot. I saw that Origins was on sale at a lot of outlets recently which spurred me to ask those questions. Sounds like I'll most likely like it.

Does the game have assassinations though, like the first three had? Or is it pretty much entirely all sword/whatever weapon combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I apologize for the bump but I figured I'd ask in here instead of making a new thread.

Is this game worth it, or no? I like Assassin's Creed but kind of gave up after being frustrated about the ending (and overall game) of 3. I played every game up to the third one and after hearing good things about Origins I'm kind of interested in giving the series another shot. From my impression, this game seems to be a soft reboot of the series with the game having a more.. fine-tuned(?) combat system that flows a lot better rather than just simply mashing your attack button. I've heard the new system is fun but isn't that entirely great, is it basically the AC1 of the series, meaning that the next installment will probably have a way more improved system after learning from the mistakes from the past game? And are there even still assassinations?

For what it's worth in regards to whether I should buy it or not, I've loved every Asasssin's Creed game I played (even including the repetitive 1) but my biggest problem was with AC3 and how the game handled the open world setting, it felt really weird and I feel like it could have done a lot better. Outside of that, I did enjoy it still, even with the ending.
    I've played pretty much all of them and it was my favorite to date with AC4 being my second favorite. There's not a lot going on outside the animus though if that's your thing (it's not mine)

Yes there are assassinations but its much more combat focused over stealth which thematically makes sense because its before the brotherhood existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I just actually recently beat Witcher 3, and while I understand the complaints about its combat system, I actually loved it a lot. I saw that Origins was on sale at a lot of outlets recently which spurred me to ask those questions. Sounds like I'll most likely like it.

Does the game have assassinations though, like the first three had? Or is it pretty much entirely all sword/whatever weapon combat?
    Oh yea, you can absolutely still be sneaky and stealth assassinate. Just if a guy is way higher level then you it will most likely fail and he'll block it, or if it's a boss type enemy it won't instantly kill them just take a good chunk of damage.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-29 at 09:58 PM.