I can't remember. Is legendary above masterwork or is it the other way around?

Legendary is better than MW in Anthem. The unique inscription is the same, but magnitude is higher as well as damage and other inscriptions.

https://www.dualshockers.com/anthem-...s-fiscal-year/

EA expects the game to sell 5-6 million copies by the end of March. If it only sells like 2, we probably know what happens. Future DLC will be canceled and game put on life support for "not meeting expections"

So always be cautious when buying these new "games as a service" they always like to promote and talk about future support for years and years and all the talk about "what's coming in the future".

I don't care about future, I care about how the game is at release, because you never know if the game goes on "life support mode" in like a year

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

EA expects the game to sell 5-6 million copies by the end of March. If it only sells like 2, we probably know what happens. Future DLC will be canceled and game put on life support for "not meeting expections"

So always be cautious when buying these new "games as a service" they always like to promote and talk about future support for years and years and all the talk about "what's coming in the future".

I don't care about future, I care about how the game is at release, because you never know if the game goes on "life support mode" in like a year
    This is the part i love it to see fail. They are all abauth numbers and money.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

They just announced that BFV was a failure. Gonna be interesting to see how far below Anthem's numbers wil be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They just announced that BFV was a failure. Gonna be interesting to see how far below Anthem's numbers wil be.
    It would be funny if Apex legends ends up with more players.

A new trailer came out and you can see that they lowered the percentage increases from difficulties. Hard in the trailer is down to 52% increase of damage and health, grandmaster 3, which was over 3000% is down to 950%.

When every single game you release fails to meet your expectations, the problem is probably your expectation. But gl getting EA to recognise that.

5 mil sold in the first month feels like a tall order for a new game with big questions around its end game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    When every single game you release fails to meet your expectations, the problem is probably your expectation. But gl getting EA to recognise that.

5 mil sold in the first month feels like a tall order for a new game with big questions around its end game.
    AAA industry will never realize that. Atleast not before there is no AAA industry anymore.

5-6m in the first month and a half isn't too out there...

Battlefield V sold 7.3 million in its initial quarter.

If it reviews well, it'll hit that.

I mean BF5 has flopped so hard it's getting premium only MTX..... ouch. Cosmetic at least but still.

Have a feeling if Anthem flops/doesn't do well they will pull the same thing with it to try and recuperate any potential losses.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/01/b...nly-cosmetics/

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean BF5 has flopped so hard it's getting premium only MTX..... ouch. Cosmetic at least but still.

Have a feeling if Anthem flops/doesn't do well they will pull the same thing with it to try and recuperate any potential losses.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/02/01/b...nly-cosmetics/
    BFV had higher sales expectations... like over 10m.

BF 5 is considered a flop internally, despite what most would regard as good sales. Anthem is probably going to hit 3 million or so sales, in the first month, realistically. Its the type of game that just isn't going to have a massive initial impact, as a lot of people are just curious about it, but still unsure of what to think or expect from it.

The general public is fairly uninformed about it currently, but they (EA) are pushing hard with the marketing.

I don't think that the way EA functions currently is sustainable, as their expectations and the demands of share holders are guiding the company to a highly unrealistic place.

It's why Dead Space became an action, co-op game and why Dungeon Keeper got dumped on mobile. They're playing marketing buzzword whack-a-mole and the reason why Anthem has no Invested end game is because it's not proved itself as financially viable to do, yet.

If Anthem breaks its sale targets, I'd expect a healthy end game dlc to be dropped in Q3/4 this year. If not, probably just some stingy dlc full of store based mtx content will be added.

Mass Effect is basically done with and if Anthem fails to meet internal expectations, we will probably see one last Dragon Age game out of Bioware before they're shuttered for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    BF 5 is considered a flop internally, despite what most would regard as good sales. Anthem is probably going to hit 3 million or so sales, in the first month, realistically. Its the type of game that just isn't going to have a massive initial impact, as a lot of people are just curious about it, but still unsure of what to think or expect from it.

The general public is fairly uninformed about it currently, but they (EA) are pushing hard with the marketing.

I don't think that the way EA functions currently is sustainable, as their expectations and the demands of share holders are guiding the company to a highly unrealistic place.

It's why Dead Space became an action, co-op game and why Dungeon Keeper got dumped on mobile. They're playing marketing buzzword whack-a-mole and the reason why Anthem has no Invested end game is because it's not proved itself as financially viable to do, yet.

If Anthem breaks its sale targets, I'd expect a healthy end game dlc to be dropped in Q3/4 this year. If not, probably just some stingy dlc full of store based mtx content will be added.

Mass Effect is basically done with and if Anthem fails to meet internal expectations, we will probably see one last Dragon Age game out of Bioware before they're shuttered for good.
    The problem with that view is that Anthem won't exist anymore in Q3/4 as everyone got bored out of their brains and left.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It would be funny if Apex legends ends up with more players.
    It already does

The problem with that view is that Anthem won't exist anymore in Q3/4 as everyone got bored out of their brains and left.
    It's not a singular viewpoint and I took this into account in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post

Their earnings report was yesterday. If they were expecting 3m they'd have said 3m. It would be an SEC violation if they were knowingly lying to their investors. 5-6 is not a crazy number.

Anthem is going against Crackdown 3 and Metro Exodus within their release window. Each of those have their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Their earnings report was yesterday. If they were expecting 3m they'd have said 3m. It would be an SEC violation if they were knowingly lying to their investors. 5-6 is not a crazy number.

Anthem is going against Crackdown 3 and Metro Exodus within their release window. Each of those have their issues.
    Not to mention, basically everyone who was going to buy Metro Exodus probably already did on the last day of it being on steam, I don't see EPIC's sales being anywhere close to steams.

That REALLY depends on how well Anthem meets or exceeds the expectations of the players.

It seems to me that Bioware has been doing a fantastic job of communicating that we haven't seen very much of what the game has to offer, and they've also been really on the ball about responding to and correcting issues brought up by the community. It's entirely possible that Anthem might have a LOT under the hood that will boost confidence....and thus sales.

That's the problem with these kinds of sales expectations: There's just no real way to predict how the fickle online community will react. The live version of Anthem could very well be an incredibly solid product, but the community could turn on it in an instant over something relatively minor.

I'm not trying to defend EA or Bioware. Just elaborating on what you already said in a roundabout way: There's just too many unknowns about Anthem to be able to predict how well or badly it will sell. I think you're right that 5 mil in the first month is overly optimistic. But....I guess it's possible.

Personally I think Anthem will be a game with a long tail. Sales will come over time, and not be a massive blockbuster up front. Hopefully EA recognizes this and doesn't axe it before it has a chance to realize its potential. :/ But I think we all know how that's likely to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That REALLY depends on how well Anthem meets or exceeds the expectations of the players.

It seems to me that Bioware has been doing a fantastic job of communicating that we haven't seen very much of what the game has to offer, and they've also been really on the ball about responding to and correcting issues brought up by the community. It's entirely possible that Anthem might have a LOT under the hood that will boost confidence....and thus sales.

That's the problem with these kinds of sales expectations: There's just no real way to predict how the fickle online community will react. The live version of Anthem could very well be an incredibly solid product, but the community could turn on it in an instant over something relatively minor.

I'm not trying to defend EA or Bioware. Just elaborating on what you already said in a roundabout way: There's just too many unknowns about Anthem to be able to predict how well or badly it will sell. I think you're right that 5 mil in the first month is overly optimistic. But....I guess it's possible.

Personally I think Anthem will be a game with a long tail. Sales will come over time, and not be a massive blockbuster up front. Hopefully EA recognizes this and doesn't axe it before it has a chance to realize its potential. :/ But I think we all know how that's likely to go.
    Destiny 1 sold 9m in the first week. Not saying it will do close to that well, but people are hungry for a new IP. If the launch goes well and it reviews well, sales will come.