20 hours in and the game feels VERY beta like still. Lots of work to be done yet. Glad I got in on Origin Premium. Id be upset if I paid retail for the current state of the game.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    With how much my fps jumps around I kind of wish they'd give the option to just lock it at 30.

Worst bug I've experienced so far, the sound just cuts out completely. The only way to fix it is with a restart and has happened to me twice.
    That's a known frostbite bug... it should be alleviated a bit on the 22nd, but there's no one hard and a fast fix unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranger + Ranger Blast Damage Augment + Ranger Weapon Damage Augment + Devastator = 35k weak point shots in a single shot. That's more than my Storm's ultimate.

Just simple yolo shot into a crowd - 17k damage AoE. gg

I don't even care about combos - get seeker grenade that also does blast damage and it explodes for good ~10k total yolo 0 effort, combos are just subpar damage compared to all that.

Level 27.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-02-17 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ranger + Ranger Blast Damage Augment + Ranger Weapon Damage Augment + Devastator = 35k weak point shots in a single shot. That's more than my Storm's ultimate.

Just simple yolo shot into a crowd - 17k damage AoE. gg

I don't even care about combos - get seeker grenade that also does blast damage and it explodes for good ~10k total yolo 0 effort, combos are just subpar damage compared to all that.

Level 27.
    For a ranger maybe.

But a Colossus doing a Flame Thrower + Shock Coil mass aoe Combo FPS-Dropping bonanza? Combos be worth it.

Just got a lv 30 Epic Devastator. About to have a chuckle. Was using a 21 Rare version before it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    For a ranger maybe.

But a Colossus doing a Flame Thrower + Shock Coil mass aoe Combo FPS-Dropping bonanza? Combos be worth it.

Just got a lv 30 Epic Devastator. About to have a chuckle. Was using a 21 Rare version before it.
    Well Ranger passively has +75% damage increase to Devastator and can get another 20% with support ability. Hilarity ensues.

It will be even sillier when Masterwork Devastator is crafted, because its bonus is that is also triggers combos.

I bet it's gonna be nerfed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    The game actually smacks you for rushing, with a Challenge story mission requiring some things you wont have if you zerg rushed it all.
    And a second one involving crafting something, where doing both side stories makes the item vastly easier to make.

I did all the side quests except for two chains when I finished the main campaign. Took about 11 hours on Hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The fastest I've hear of anyone completing the main story was 11 hours and that was with them skipping all cutscenes and side content.

They then proceeded to bitch they were lost because they didnt open up any of the agent missions via dialog.
    That's fair. I'm not taking either guys' side. Just trying to steer things back to more reasonable discussion.

Completely baffled by the decision to release the game without more content than this. It's not unreasonable to skimp on the campaign story content, if there's a good chunk of endgame content. (Anyone expecting Mass Effect/Dragon Age amounts of story content was being unrealistic).

But this has "Minimum-Viable-Product" written all over it. No way this is worth full AAA price. I guess they had already invested so much time and money into development that they had to release. I don't think this will hit the sales targets...

There's a significant risk this will get only the stuff already in the pipeline and then be shelved by EA. Sad to see Bioware possibly end on this note.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well Ranger passively has +75% damage increase to Devastator and can get another 20% with support ability. Hilarity ensues.

It will be even sillier when Masterwork Devastator is crafted, because its bonus is that is also triggers combos.

I bet it's gonna be nerfed hard.
    Yeah, Colossus gets a component for 50% Combo bonus (along with the perk making it a powerful aoe). Add in a 35% boost to elec/blast/fire component for extra shenanigans.

I'm gonna like a MW Devastator though. One day.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-02-17 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    Completely baffled by the decision to release the game without more content than this. It's not unreasonable to skimp on the campaign story content, if there's a good chunk of endgame content. (Anyone expecting Mass Effect/Dragon Age amounts of story content was being unrealistic).

But this has "Minimum-Viable-Product" written all over it. No way this is worth full AAA price. I guess they had already invested so much time and money into development that they had to release. I don't think this will hit the sales targets...

There's a significant risk this will get only the stuff already in the pipeline and then be shelved by EA. Sad to see Bioware possibly end on this note.
    How much content do you think is currently in the game? I'm actually pretty interested to hear and see if it matches reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Thing is...that perfect build is kind of pointless if all it can be used on is content you've run 100+ times already.

Although I guess you could try get up to the point where you can solo GM3? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I understand what you are saying, really. But again it's the same as others have stated about Diablo and that's my point. Diablo is about making new builds, trying stuff out, and pushing into more difficult content. That's what I DO like about this game. It just came out though and people chastise it and compare it to Diablo, saying Diablo is better, but then thy also forget that Diablo didn't have things like rifts, good set items, etc when it launched... For me, the gameplay is fun in this game, and I look forward to trying new builds and with the various javelins. This style of game isn't for everyone though.

I decided to just go into my Nvidia setting and set V-sync to adaptive (half-refresh rate). The game is a lot smoother now that it isn't constantly jumping between 30 and 50.

I decided to just go into my Nvidia setting and set V-sync to adaptive (half-refresh rate). The game is a lot smoother now that it isn't constantly jumping between 30 and 50.
    Vsync implementation is kinda bad atm. It should be fixed on the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Even though everyone from the original BioWare was gutted - fired / layed off / or resigned, including the original CEO, I kind of wish EA would put some love back into SWTOR. Apparently they can still amass a fanbase, as seen by Anthem.

If they won't bother to save SWTOR, then I fear Anthem will ultimately share the same fate.

I'd rather not get invested because I don't trust the company. But the demo was fun.
    I know a number of people that have said something very similar and wait to see what happens not only with anthem but swtor as well.

Do i need to be in free play in order to complete tomb challenges or can i complete them while doing strongholds/contracts etc?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Do i need to be in free play in order to complete tomb challenges or can i complete them while doing strongholds/contracts etc?
    No you can complete them anywhere... That point in the story mission is meant to get you to explore freeplay a bit and do your side content.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-17 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    but then thy also forget that Diablo didn't have things like rifts, good set items, etc when it launched...
    That's the thing people always seem to forget. Think about Destiny 1 and 2 at release. People were farming loot cave because there was nothing better to do in D1. In D2 the only thing you really had to do was farm public events and those events were very limited in variety. Same thing happened with Division 1 at release. People farmed Bullet King over and over for drops, and even today one of the best farms is running the same instance over and over. A new game comes out and people expect there to be more content than games that have been receiving updates for 2-3 years.

Why don't you just go windowed fullscreen?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
    Things I don't like:

I think I've crashed to desktop about 35+ times,
    audio's gone out 10+ times,
    windows desktop needing to be refreshed via task manager 10+ times due to crashing and window's UI breaking as a result,
    I'm impressed with the amounts of supposed crashes and whatnot you've experienced. Most people I've played with and talked to have crashed 1-5 times over the course of 2 days. Even the sound bug is quite rare to get.
    The chances of you getting hit by everything is astronomically low. If I were you I would stay indoors whenever I heard thunder.

One can wonder if your computer is infested with malware or something.

missions not auto completing when with friends,
    Haven't read about this in the bug megathread on reddit. Sure it's actually something with the game and not a problem with the people you play with?
    quick quest missions being random enough to put you into late/end game content, spoiling you if you care about story (Not sure if this is intended, but it's happened several times)
    It seems to be a bug with quick play. Bioware has mentioned they're looking into it.

not being able to skip cutscenes even when escape is being held and finishing,
    You can skip cutscenes. Might be another weird bug you've encountered.
    quests only rewarding 1 member of a party member's progress,
    You mean "quest" as in singular. There is only one quest that doesn't share progress. (Tomb chest quest/challenge)
    no text chat,
    Unsure as to what Bioware will do about this. A big maybe on the addition of this function at the moment.
    95% of the city being NPC only city; not even able to see party members at a minimum,
    Will most likely never be changed as the Launch Bay is the social hub whilst Fort Tarsis is the story hub.
    Field of view,
    This will probably be fixed considering Bioware mentioning they are looking into it.
    No 1st person option,
    This will never be added.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2019-02-17 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    I'm impressed with the amounts of supposed crashes and whatnot you've experienced. Most people I've played with and talked to have crashed 1-5 times over the course of 2 days. Even the sound bug is quite rare to get.
    The chances of you getting hit by everything is astronomically low. If I were you I would stay indoors whenever I heard thunder.

One can wonder if your computer is infested with malware or something.

His drivers are probaly outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post

Dunno what your talking about. Its a looter shooter. You literally get to the end and farm farm farm. The only thing it needs is variety in what is farmed. People dont want to see the same thing over and over again when they farm. Im not sure what Anthem has once everything unlocked but between freeplay and im guessing multiple strongholds theres plenty of variety thats only going to increase with time.