Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Why are you completely ignoring the "Feel" part?
    /facepalm

Just admit you're wrong. Don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Of course looks and aesthetics affect how you feel about something what?
    How the GAME feels to play, not how YOU feel about it. FFS....

As in, how responsive the controls are, how well the flight mechanics work, the FPS, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet they still borrowed plenty from Destiny.

Regardless, this game was meant to be a competitor to Bungie's Destiny.

Destiny: Mass Effect Anthem Edition.
    Bit of an odd game to compete with. Destiny hardly had a sparkling history, financially or in terms of reviews. Would probably be closer to the mark that they wanted to take Mass Effect and turn it into an mmo with lots of monetization possibilities. The combat is pretty much Andromeda with jetpacks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just found this on the BBC and thought people here might be interested in it and since it's BBC people outside of the UK probably won't be able to view it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p071f3tr

It's a review of Anthem done by BBC Scotland before anyone asks.
    Last edited by Liyka; 2019-02-21 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Added additional information.

well day 1 patch is a huge mess, people are getting tons and tons of bugs like game crash, freezes, missions not completing etc

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...gs_megathread/

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe, this is just first impressions for me, so far the game just feels an underwhelming copy and paste Third Person Shooter Destiny-Like Game with flying.

Also Major Missed Opportunity that you can't fly and shoot at the same time like

There is a game that pre-dates anthem and its similar:

(evolution-shooter)
    It also has a multiplayer. So its not a new concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day 1 patch has made my game a lot better. Load times seem way shorter. Besides that, dunno I only did 2 missions and a bit of free play. Discovered no bugs. I did have missions not finish before the patch already though.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Is that the only definition one can have when he refers to how a game feels? Are you sure about that?
    Yes, because that's the original intended context in which is was used! FFS.... uhg. Nevermind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Day 1 patch has made my game a lot better. Load times seem way shorter. Besides that, dunno I only did 2 missions and a bit of free play. Discovered no bugs. I did have missions not finish before the patch already though.
    I started playing monday. There are still some bugs, but it's not nearly as bad as the "demo". This friday will fix more bugs, and add a bunch of QoL issues.

Will the game be complete, or perfect at that point? No. But if Bioware can keep up a patch schedule full of fixes and improvements every week or so like what we're seeing so far, it won't be long before the game is in a full $60 state. Right now I'd say it's only about a $30 game. 6 months from now? Who knows.

The patch seems to have screwed up the factions and rewards. Tier 3 of sentinel rep is simply gone from all menus, and allthough i completed tier 2, i don't have access to all the rare quality jav component blueprints i should have.

Edit: Strange, did a mission (that bugged out so we couldn't complete it, just nothing happened after killing the escari boss), and now it's all there again, rep panel and blueprints and all.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2019-02-21 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yes, because that's the original intended context in which is was used! FFS.... uhg. Nevermind.

- - - Updated - - -

I started playing monday. There are still some bugs, but it's not nearly as bad as the "demo". This friday will fix more bugs, and add a bunch of QoL issues.

Will the game be complete, or perfect at that point? No. But if Bioware can keep up a patch schedule full of fixes and improvements every week or so like what we're seeing so far, it won't be long before the game is in a full $60 state. Right now I'd say it's only about a $30 game. 6 months from now? Who knows.
    day 1 patch is already live on pc

Game is getting pretty bad reviews in any case. I mean, 69 on Metacritics for press side, which is typically 10 to 20 higher than user ratings... that's not good

10+ Year Old Account
    For me day 1 patch was fine, no issues to report yet, although I did not play it that much still.

Some item affixed got fixed it seems.

I did think they would fix double inscription of same kind but different rarity stacking, seems like it's not the case.

how is the hype looking so far? will the game sell EAs expected 5-6 million copies in the first month?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    how is the hype looking so far? will the game sell EAs expected 5-6 million copies in the first month?
    Are they actually going to sell that many copies with the Origin access thing in place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Are they actually going to sell that many copies with the Origin access thing in place?
    I feel they'll obfuscate sales figures with "Day one unique players".

Via Origin, they can essentially mask a bad start, by representing anyone who's taken part in "live" as being anyone who has played the 10 hour trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I feel they'll obfuscate sales figures with "Day one unique players".

Via Origin, they can essentially mask a bad start, by representing anyone who's taken part in "live" as being anyone who has played the 10 hour trial.
    I'm not sure about all that but wouldn't the resurgence of Origin itself a bigger success, compared?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I'm not sure about all that but wouldn't the resurgence of Origin itself a bigger success, compared?
    I can't really see the game making much of a difference to their existing Origin player base. People who own Battlefield games or wanted to play Dead Space, Titanfall, etc will already have it.

They've estimated 5-6 million sales of this game, which is way below their expectations for something like Battlefield.

I think people wildly underestimate the install base sizes of launchers like Origin, Uplay, etc.

Apex Legends has had 25 million players, so that's a lot of Origin installs.

And I haven't even taken into account their install base from Fifa/NFL games and the rest.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2019-02-21 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Further addendums

I can't really see the game making much of a difference to their existing Origin player base. People who own Battlefield games or wanted to play Dead Space, Titanfall, etc will already have it.

They've estimated 5-6 million sales of this game, which is way below their expectations for something like Battlefield.

I think people wildly underestimate the install base sizes of launchers like Origin, Uplay, etc.

I meant people actually paying for Origin, basic and premium. Regardless of the game they can just come out hey guys Origin is awesome!

That's what I think at least.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account

I am pretty sure EA knows how to look at data. Simple case really could be someone like me who subbed Origin Premiere and then clocked 40-ish hours in Anthem and nothing else last months. So that's one "sale" there. And that's super simplistic here, if one thing I have absolute confidence in is that EA analysts know wtf they are doing and they will know whether the initial sub was due to Anthem or not.

I think they are content with Anthem baiting people into Premiere as long as they keep their sub for a couple of months. I don't think Anthem itself has much of the future, unless Bioware totally cough blood and jump out of their skin to boost it. But I am not a prophet there, I though initial PvE Fortnite also was a goner and then they pulled out this BR hack out of nowhere.

Who knows, maybe Bioware will also do the same, like in 3-6 months they will do "lulz we were kidding Anthem is BR now" totally what Fortnite did. Heck, with flying and mechs it may actually make it a hit. Fortnite was literally the same - PvE game that had no PvP at all and out of nowhere they pulled that stunt out with like 0 warning.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-02-21 at 12:45 PM.