10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I've been coming around to Paul Tassi for a while now. Used to hate his articles but he's leveled out a bit or something because he's making a lot more sense now and is far more reasonable.

These 5 issues he raises are...damn, not good. Some of them are definitely fixable, but others speak to bigger design issues that can't be easily fixed and seem like they're a result of the team just not like...playing games in the genre. It's like they watched a whole lot of Warframe, Destiny, Division etc. gameplay videos without playing any of them and said, "We can do that better!"

Like...why on earth wouldn't they spawn you at/near other players in freeplay? Each point he brings up is painfully pants on head stupid and confusing as to why BW would decide to do this.
    #DiversityIsOurStrength hires obviously. /s

No but seriously, the Bioware veterans pretty much all left, even Casey Hudson left, sure he came back but I doubt he's as passionate about it as before. And the new hires are obviously inexperienced, not just with game development but with gaming in general from what I'm seeing. And the same thing is happening with Blizzard right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    No but seriously, the Bioware veterans pretty much all left, even Casey Hudson left, sure he came back but I doubt he's as passionate about it as before. And the new hires are obviously inexperienced, not just with game development but with gaming in general from what I'm seeing. And the same thing is happening with Blizzard right now.
    Well, this is supposed to be their "A" team, so it's not as if they were short on experienced folks. It continues to look like poor management leading to all kinds of bad decisions, similar to what we saw with ME:A.

But part of it as well, IMO, is just that...to be honest BW games have never been that amazing. Decent enough stories that are definitely above average (but IMO nowhere near as good as they're given credit for), but the games themselves have always struggled and been pretty meh. It's just that the story and other aspects were good enough that we ignored the warts and blemishes.

Interestingly, I think there are a lot of parallels between BioWare/Bethesda right now in that regard between ME:A/Anthem and FO76. Don't want to get too deep into that, but between some of their traditional strong points not being as strong as they have been (story) and the staffing changes over the years, this is the BW we have now. The best we can likely hope for is DA:I again, and at least I'm alright with that because I enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Defending a game you havent played while bitching about people complaining after we have played it is funny
    You played Anthem?
    Video Games...come one....you didnt play Anthem...did you? This is Video Games we are talking about. The legend.

Anyway, i was just poking fun at people flooding the thread with hate comments.
    Its hard to find good criticism on this game.

Bacconeggcheese posted a very helpful review that -Edge quoted. Im checking it out.
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-02-25 at 12:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You played Anthem?
    Video Games...come one....you didnt play Anthem...did you? This is Video Games we are talking about. The legend.

Anyway, i was just poking fun at people floading the thread with hate comments.
    Its hard to find good criticism on this game.

Bacconeggcheese posted a very helpful review that -Edge quoted. Im checking it out.
    Im 8 hours in and its the most plain game ever. Its not bad enough to hate but not good enough to even thumbs up. So weird

That's not a review, that's just an opinion piece from him on some of the bigger issues the game has right now.

That's not a review, that's just an opinion piece from him on some of the bigger issues the game has right now.
    Oh, ok thanks for pointing it out.
    Its really heartbreaking seeing even fans having a hard time dealing with the bugs (items being nerfed to the ground until fixed and stuff like that)
    Also having a hard time with all the hate

Just look at this guy

This is the face of someone trying to have fun with the game >_< he looks defeated

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im 8 hours in and its the most plain game ever. Its not bad enough to hate but not good enough to even thumbs up. So weird
    wait until end game lol.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Man, I've been coming around to Paul Tassi for a while now. Used to hate his articles but he's leveled out a bit or something because he's making a lot more sense now and is far more reasonable.

These 5 issues he raises are...damn, not good. Some of them are definitely fixable, but others speak to bigger design issues that can't be easily fixed and seem like they're a result of the team just not like...playing games in the genre. It's like they watched a whole lot of Warframe, Destiny, Division etc. gameplay videos without playing any of them and said, "We can do that better!"

Like...why on earth wouldn't they spawn you at/near other players in freeplay? Each point he brings up is painfully pants on head stupid and confusing as to why BW would decide to do this.
    In Freeplay, you choose which Strider platform(or the main fort) you want to spawn at.
    If your friends are currently playing, they can tell you what zone they're in and you can spawn within 30 seconds flight time of their location generally.

If you're just going in randomly and 3 others are already in the map, then yeah. You pick where you want to start, and if they aren't near you, they simply aren't. (Personally I'd rather just be solo.)

---

I know it is anecdotal, so I'll have to check reddit/twitter. But the loot seems to have reverted again? I've gotten 5 masterworks in the last 3 contracts I've done. (None were legendary contracts)

It's simple: They built a great foundation for a great game, it's just not finished yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    wait until end game lol.
    Thats the only thing i even care about because i started skipping the boring cutscenes last night because oh my god who the hell caressssss

10+ Year Old Account
    One question I have though, Why do all interceptors I play with look like power ranger rejects? I've seen some pretty nice Storms/Rangers/Colossi but all interceptors looked like cat vomit after the cat ate a pack of colored crayons...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    wait until end game lol.
    How exactly is end game different from where you are 8 hours in?

It's basically the same shit all over from the beginning, minus a few cutscenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    One question I have though, Why do all interceptors I play with look like power ranger rejects? I've seen some pretty nice Storms/Rangers/Colossi but all interceptors looked like cat vomit after the cat ate a pack of colored crayons...
    I use Bronze metal with white/black accents. Looks nice.
    Waiting for the Gold unlock(but that's still a little while away)

I just played with someone who used one of the patterns to make themselves look like a cheetah xD

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    He has a new video, but since I fear for my safety as well, I decided against posting it :P

Edit: we actually might be talking about the same video. Just half through it.
    Yeah I think we are, he isn't kind or flattering to the game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How exactly is end game different from where you are 8 hours in?

It's basically the same shit all over from the beginning, minus a few cutscenes.
    Note the lol at the end.
    Hes not saying end game is better, his point is that end game is even more boring (because the bit of story you had before is gone now and all that is left is the monotonous gameplay).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

@Baconeggcheese

Are you Portuguese!?!?! nah, cant be true.
    Yes, Media Market here has sales on new games all the time.
    No, I just happened to see this on reddit when someone first tried to post about it and there were posts like this immediately debunking it so I just snatched the link from there.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Pure grade AAA horseshit.

Don't buy/play it and you'll save yourself some headache, esp if you are on PC.

Story is so Meh.
    Combat is repetitive garbage, I don't just the classes..I mean you fight the same 5 different type of enemies..holy fuck its so bad.
    End game is a boring grind fest looter
    PC controls(KB+M) are absolute shite.
    They have the audacity to charge $80 upfront and more through micro transaction for this filtered horseshit.

I sincerely hope this fails and doesn't even recuperate half of the budget so we never see another abomination like this EVER again.

and seem like they're a result of the team just not like...playing games in the genre.
    I think this is a common trend in a lot of games these days.

Look at blizzard over the years, they started out as a bunch of hardcore gamers who made games. Over the years you just increasingly scratch your head at the design decisions being made. I can't tell you how many times I've seen / heard / thought "whoever designed this doesn't play this game" when playing blizzards products in recent years. Yet alone other games.

I guess that's why its easier for me to get on with Anthem maybe, I'm just accustomed to it at this point... and having the devs be as engaged and transparent as they've been is enough to keep me engaged at least for now. Where with blizzard the opposite happened and they went pure radio silence and minimizing change.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post

Story is so Meh.
    Combat is repetitive garbage, I don't just the classes..I mean you fight the same 5 different type of enemies..holy fuck its so bad.
    End game is a boring grind fest looter
    PC controls(KB+M) are absolute shite.
    They have the audacity to charge $80 upfront and more through micro transaction for this filtered horseshit.

I sincerely hope this fails and doesn't even recuperate half of the budget so we never see another abomination like this EVER again.
    IF this game past any kind of sales milestone, they would have announced it on twitter lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post

Story is so Meh. -- kinda, at least the main story, and how it is told... I liked the side stories for the different characters though. I feel like that has always been Bioware's strong point.
    Combat is repetitive garbage, I don't just the classes..I mean you fight the same 5 different type of enemies..holy fuck its so bad. -- I mean how is that different to Destiny/warframe? At least the way you can play is more fun than both of those, even if there aren't that many enemy types.
    End game is a boring grind fest looter. -- so, basically the game they set out to make? okay then, seems good to me. It just needs some better mission objectives and more variety in enemies/environment.
    PC controls(KB+M) are absolute shite. -- no, they really aren't. Unless you never played anything on PC with KB+M before maybe... the controls are good.

So yeah, maybe before you spew shit, spend at least the 10 hours you get with the basic origin access sub that costs 4$ to play the game yourself.