Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Sorry but if you want to play Destiny, why not actually playing Destiny ?
    Why would you want Anthem to do everything the same way Destiny does ?

The fact Guns are fillers in-between awesome abilities is specifically what I enjoy in Anthem. But it seems you'd like to have the MMOTPS industry to be filled with Destiny clones, but I failed to understand why.
    Are they awesome though? IMHO they're all some variation on "imprecise aoe explosion spam, no skill required" so while it's cool at first, it got dull for me fast. Also blots out the screen so I can't even see whats going on.

If you want to feel like Ironman I would wait for a highly polished marvel video game which will happen sooner or later.

Nothing about Anthem from start to now near finish caught your attention and made you think "oh cool that sounds interesting!"

the entire appeal is in flying around with your mech suit, aka Ironman.

Considering this needed to be a hail mary for bioware its a big fail outside the field of play in the dying seconds of the game

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Are they awesome though? IMHO they're all some variation on "imprecise aoe explosion spam, no skill required" so while it's cool at first, it got dull for me fast. Also blots out the screen so I can't even see whats going on.
    Well first, I don't really see what kind of spell would be "skill required" tbh. But that's probably a personal view if you find these as being "spam", while most of them have interactions (for combos, but also masterworks, some of them are providing controls, and you're also supposed to use the correct spells on the correct targets to be efficient).

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You get 3 legendary contracts a day, as long as you have finished all the agent missions for that person.
    I see. I have finished all the agent missions as far as I know, got two Legendary contracts (Yarrow and Matti) yesterday, but I got them after running a "normal" contract so I'm not sure if I have to "clean" the normal contract to force the "respawn" that may be legendary, or if the legendary contract will overwrite the normal one when it spawns.

Anyway - got my first legendary, had to be for a no-Primer no-Detonator spell! Hope I'll be luckier next time

10+ Year Old Account
    Well first, I don't really see what kind of spell would be "skill required" tbh. But that's probably a personal view if you find these as being "spam", while most of them have interactions (for combos, but also masterworks, some of them are providing controls, and you're also supposed to use the correct spells on the correct targets to be efficient).

I see. I have finished all the agent missions as far as I know, got two Legendary contracts (Yarrow and Matti) yesterday, but I got them after running a "normal" contract so I'm not sure if I have to "clean" the normal contract to force the "respawn" that may be legendary, or if the legendary contract will overwrite the normal one when it spawns.

Anyway - got my first legendary, had to be for a no-Primer no-Detonator spell! Hope I'll be luckier next time
    Shouldn't have to do the normal contract first but you might have to pick it up first for the legendary one to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's how things are done in 2019
    Not at all, it shows you don't pay attention to gaming news outside of EA and Activision if you even think your statement is partially true. Rockstar wasted no time announcing RDR2 was the biggest weekend release in entertainment history. Square wasted no time announcing KH3 was at 5 million sales, Nintendo gloats about sales milestones all the time as well as Sony, Capcom and many other publishers.

You know what the difference is? In companies who properly know their demand and can set proper expectations for investors instead of the EA and Activisions of the world who promise them they will make all the money possible in the shortest amount of time possible.

Squeenix also produces more games in a year than EA or Activision does in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Squeenix also produces more games in a year than EA or Activision does in a decade.
    dunno if I agree with that.

Most of EA titles are pretty much yearly. Especially their sports titles.

And Activision ran bungie into the ground trying to get yearly releases for destiny

I like anthem, i play colossus, only lvl 26 at the moment so i havent played any difficult content yet. The one thing i dont like is that boss drops are lower quality than the cache drops in strongholds.

Quote Originally Posted by AIBot View Post
    I like anthem, i play colossus, only lvl 26 at the moment so i havent played any difficult content yet. The one thing i dont like is that boss drops are lower quality than the cache drops in strongholds.
    In GM1 difficulty, from my experience, the final boss always dropped a MW so far, while the caches drop a MW only occasionally. Don't know if the boss/stronghold completion always reward a MasterWorks 100% now or if I'm just lucky so far but that seem quite consistent.

It's come out at a bad time for me financially speaking, with KH3, RE2, etc. The EA effect has been dampening my hype for it as well, but it'll join my collection eventually assuming nothing goes horribly wrong between pay days.

Been swapping my Javelin look quite a bit, but for now I'm running with this:

https://imgur.com/a/aIbam0P

Fits my Rambo-esque playstyle, especially now that my end-game Masterworks want me to zoom around and get up in their faces!

Edit: My main gripe is the lack of «checkpoint hubs» in Freeplay to swap gear and check loots, and a too small pool of cosmetics. They teased some properly juicy armor pieces in the post-credits cutscene though, so looking forward to that. The 100 cosmetics Vanity chests they plan to add to Strongholds are also gonna help out like crazy.
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2019-02-26 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Example of GM2 Freeplay standard world event with my setup. Dat insane loot in the end for all the effort...

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, they really messed things up with huge gaps between GM1 to GM2 enemy-wise. They have like a good 3x HP/Damage over GM1 there.

Same issue with loot, epics are mostly worthless simply because there is 9 item level jump from epic to MW, which is huge. MW to Legendary is done right - only 2 item levels jump, so a better rolled MW is better than Legendary and you at least don't feel bad about not having a legendary in the slot you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As a side note, they really messed things up with huge gaps between GM1 to GM2 enemy-wise. They have like a good 3x HP/Damage over GM1 there.
    From 700% to 3100% increase right ? I don't have the game under the eyes right now but I think that's what is written.

I agree with you with the gap between epics and mw. There isn't any point in keeping a perfect-rolled Epic over a shitty MW because of the insane gap between those. I had to replace really interesting components to a "meh" masterworks one mainly because the shield gap was insane (from 1k1 to 2k8 I think ?). And this extra shield is really a bliss for a Storm.
    But I sacrificed my -50% cooldown rate for this until I get its MW version and I'm really sad about it!

10+ Year Old Account
    From 700% to 3100% increase right ? I don't have the game under the eyes right now but I think that's what is written.

I agree with you with the gap between epics and mw. There isn't any point in keeping a perfect-rolled Epic over a shitty MW because of the insane gap between those. I had to replace really interesting components to a "meh" masterworks one mainly because the shield gap was insane (from 1k1 to 2k8 I think ?). And this extra shield is really a bliss for a Storm.
    But I sacrificed my -50% cooldown rate for this until I get its MW version and I'm really sad about it!
    Yes, it's pretty baffling that MW component gives like 3x survivability of Epic one. Why couldn't there be any sort of reasonable curve, like:

Epic - 43
    MW - 45
    Lego - 47

and not bloody Epic - 36(wtf), which results in epic stuff being useless aside from specific damage components that leave you with paper defences. What's good about them raining us with epics if they are effectively completely not on par with anything MW, aside from that one example (and honestly the fact they stack is even more retarded really).

Same with GM1/GM2... make GM2 mobs have x1.5 damage and health, not bloody almost 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Anthem Has FLOPPED! Abysmal Sales Numbers & HEAVY Discount Already!
    To be fair the discount was in one Media Markt in one city (Colongne) only for the PS4 Version. They might have just made an ordering mistake and sold off the surplus in one bargain bin.
    I don't think Anthem did too well in sales but i would't read too much into that one picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    To be fair the discount was in one Media Markt in one city (Colongne) only for the PS4 Version. They might have just made an ordering mistake and sold off the surplus in one bargain bin.
    I don't think Anthem did too well in sales but i would't read too much into that one picture.
    I believe that was already debunked with Media Markt having those deals on previous new releases as well with a trade-in kind of deal in this thread? I might have seen it somewhere else tbh, but I believe it was here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Same issue with loot, epics are mostly worthless simply because there is 9 item level jump from epic to MW, which is huge. MW to Legendary is done right - only 2 item levels jump, so a better rolled MW is better than Legendary and you at least don't feel bad about not having a legendary in the slot you want.
    I also did a couple of GM2s over the weekend, and they really aren't worth it. Some seem to take a long time to complete as mobs have a lot more hit points and even non epic/legendary ones take a good bit of time to kill.

I have a legendary component that is completely insane as it flat out increases damage by 50% and reduces damage taken by 25%. Doesn't matter how bad it is rolled, it beats the masterwork equivalent by a mile. I've also seen a legendary component that was just the same as the Masterwork. Somehow, I feel the legendary items aren't really done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I have a legendary component that is completely insane as it flat out increases damage by 50% and reduces damage taken by 25%. Doesn't matter how bad it is rolled, it beats the masterwork equivalent by a mile. I've also seen a legendary component that was just the same as the Masterwork. Somehow, I feel the legendary items aren't really done yet.
    Imo the fact that Legendaries/MasterWorks always give the same base bonus, and the only difference is in the random affixes is a bit underwhelming, especially when a lot of affixes are flat out useless or meh.

I have a Primer masterworks which increase all Elemental Damage by 100%. On my Storm. How could anything else beat this ? And this shit competes with the only Legendary I have, but it has poor affixes (like +ammo or +5% rifle damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    amazon uk also sells it for 35 pounds now down from 50