Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    @Thelyron (from the other thread)

[For your Deathwing look I think you want the white to be a little more creamy like this;

Shit dude, yeah, that's a lot closer than what i did. Thank you.

Reaching 70hours in, for 15$ I got my money worth and more. Really enjoying my interceptor lightning build, might still need 1 or 2 MW items to move into GM 2, I only have 2 MW weapons and 3 components, still rocking purple spark dash and detonating strike sadly. I'm 447 I believe, want to try ranger next, since I always only played interceptor and it would be nice to try something else as all the javelin plays really different.

$15 for 70 hours of playtime is a remarkably good deal...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If you want to feel like Ironman I would wait for a highly polished marvel video game which will happen sooner or later.

Nothing about Anthem from start to now near finish caught your attention and made you think "oh cool that sounds interesting!"

the entire appeal is in flying around with your mech suit, aka Ironman.

Considering this needed to be a hail mary for bioware its a big fail outside the field of play in the dying seconds of the game
    Actually curious why you keep posting in this thread.

Like its one thing for the people who seemed actually interested to stick around despite apparently hating the game now.... but you were shitting on this game well before it launched, you clearly have no interest in it. Its like you post in here purely to hate on it and for nothing else.

I know this is a thing you do on this sub, I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As a side note, they really messed things up with huge gaps between GM1 to GM2 enemy-wise. They have like a good 3x HP/Damage over GM1 there.
    I feel like the difficulty curve is screwed up across the board, I've never played on difficulties below hard but I've seen people talking about how the AI gets worse and seen videos of enemies just staring at you and missing and all that even when you're standing perfectly still and then you swap to hard and they actually attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    completely broken items and classes.
    You had me until this part.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I need to buy this game to actually have a discussion with you guys about it
    I think i will buy it...tomorrow or the day after.
    See you then guys!

Hi @Thelyron
    You just need to accept the fact that some mmo-c users find "home" in threads just to constantly bash on games even though they never actually played it.
    They always do this when there is a general consensus supporting them.
    Its infuriating at first, but you ll get used to it. Thats just how MMO-C is.

I recommend using other sources, like reddit, for a more pleasant environment.

I cant judge them because i am a strange creature myself. Im one of those people who like to think is "woke" and different from everyone else, fighting the good fight.
    Also really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you get a good deal for PC on this game?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    EA “Made a Mistake” Allowing Early Anthem PC Reviews, Pachter Says; Poor Reviews Consistent With Poor Execution All Year

Unbelievable that this dude that likened PC gamers to racists is now blaming Anthem's shortcomings/review scores on the PC. This guy also doesn't understand you can plug a controller in a PC either :/ Not to mention that it seems that Microsoft is making efforts towards fully unifying Xbox and PC within the next 2 feature updates for Windows 10.
    "Michael Pachter said something interesting, insightful, and unique" is a phrase that's likely never been seriously uttered before in this world.

But damn if gaming media and even more mainstream media don't love going to him for comments, which Pachter is all to happy to oblige.

His conclusion is correct. Early reviews were a mistake and without it they would have sold more copies because people wouldn't have known what they were getting into.

His reason for coming to the correct conclusion is wrong tho. Nothing to do with controls or the PC. Just to never release early reviews or access for a bad game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    His conclusion is correct. Early reviews were a mistake and without it they would have sold more copies because people wouldn't have known what they were getting into.

His reason for coming to the correct conclusion is wrong tho. Nothing to do with controls or the PC. Just to never release early reviews or access for a bad game.
    I like anthem but they knew they had a huge patch dropping on launch day so they should have listed early access as a special beta and set the expectations correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    "They released a shit version of the game that they shouldn't have released in order to mislead more gamers." has to be one of the dumber arguments he's ever made. Mind you, I'm not arguing that the PC version is shit (it has issues, but so does every platform), but that's essentially the core of his message.

It legitimately hurts me that media still give him credibility and treat him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I like anthem but they knew they had a huge patch dropping on launch day so they should have listed early access as a special beta and set the expectations correctly.
    They did to an extent, but once the game is out in the wild it's out in the wild. If media have access to it, they can review it as long as it's publicly available and they didn't receive any keys alongside embargoes from EA.

Launch day patch shouldn't mean it gets a higher score. There are glaring flaws in the game right now on the technical side. On the gameplay side, the 30 second gameplay loop is great... It's just the surrounding systems that are not where they need to be.

That analyst is dumb. PC controls are fine.

I love this game, but even I wouldn't rate it higher than a 7/10 right now due to the issues it has.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-27 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pure prediction, hence I'm not gonna trust it.

So it will have even less content, more grind/repetitive missions and worst technical issues than those loading screens?
    I was there in TD1 beta and launch. I played the TD2 beta....if anything it's in a worse state than the first game. Everything I saw tells me Massive and Ubi haven't learned anything from the first game. They even managed to make the UI worse.

I have zero faith that TD2 is going to launch any better than Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I was there in TD1 beta and launch. I played the TD2 beta....if anything it's in a worse state than the first game. Everything I saw tells me Massive and Ubi haven't learned anything from the first game. They even managed to make the UI worse.

I have zero faith that TD2 is going to launch any better than Anthem.
    You literally HAVE to use a controller to make their UI make sense... and even then it's still screwy.... like how do you fuck up that, the ui from td1 is more then adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I heard TD1 released in a sorry, content-less state, but improved nicely over time.
    TD1 wasn't in a very good state for most of its lifespan. 1.3 was when they finally overhauled the balance and cleaned up a lot. But there were still rampant hackers in the dark zone.

And even when they released the Underground and Survival patches they managed to screw things up. Underground lacked biome variety, and Survival didn't randomize anything, making it a race instead of actual survival gameplay. And don't get me started on their unbalanced battlegrounds and loot boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    TD1 had some really good content added like The Underground DLC. It's a pretty good game right now.
    Oh for sure! No sarcasm, with everything the game has now, it's a worthy $20-30 buy.

TD1 wasn't in a very good state for most of its lifespan. 1.3 was when they finally overhauled the balance and cleaned up a lot. But there were still rampant hackers in the dark zone.

And even when they released the Underground and Survival patches they managed to screw things up. Underground lacked biome variety, and Survival didn't randomize anything, making it a race instead of actual survival gameplay. And don't get me started on their unbalanced battlegrounds and loot boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh for sure! No sarcasm, with everything the game has now, it's a worthy $20-30 buy.
    Which makes this game with less content worth...?

Don't even like the division. Tried it for twenty minutes on game pass before the intro made me roll my eyes. But if that it's worth $20 current state, what does that make this worth? $5?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not allowed to have opinions on games you haven't played huh?

How do you decide what games to purchase with that logic? Just throw darts at a board and see what it lands on?
    The problem in this case is that Anthem has some decent amount of fun available. But if you only listen to the reviewers you'd get the impression that the game is just as bad as Fallout 76. A game that lied constantly to its players, has gamebreaking bugs, predatory microtransactions, and a host of other problems. Whereas Anthem's main remaining flaw is simply that it didn't launch with 200+ hours of endgame content.
    Bioware has been on the ball with bug fixes and QoL changes. They've been up front and transparent from the start in their communication.

While Anthem is definitely not perfect, the differences are much greater than reviewers are presenting, and you wouldn't know if you actually enjoy it without playing the game for more than an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Which makes this game with less content worth...?

Don't even like the division. Tried it for twenty minutes on game pass before the intro made me roll my eyes. But if that it's worth $20 current state, what does that make this worth? $5?
    Is raw quantity of content the only measure?

The main difference is that when the division launched IIRC it was $50-60, with extra fees later on for season pass and DLCs, with cosmetic microtransactions. And is still plagued with bugs and hackers today.

Anthem is also the same price at launch, with a guarantee of no further costs for future content. It's also handling its bugs and exploits a hell of a lot better.

Only history will tell us which will ultimately be the better product. I'll grant that the division 1 had a bit better leveling experience, but I favor the gameplay of Anthem amd its focus on PVE. The Division 1 had the darkzone, which is super interesting in theory, but failed utterly in execution.

As I've said a few times now: Anthem has potential. But if you haven't bought it yet, either wait to see what happens in the following months or give it a fair shot with Origin Premier for $15.

On that note, anyone who pays full price or more for Division 2 is stupid. I can't wait to see the hate train jump track from Anthem to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Shit dude, yeah, that's a lot closer than what i did. Thank you.
    I run almost that exact same appearance. Just a little more green in the highlights and a lighter grey instead of tan on the armor plates.

The problem in this case is that Anthem has some decent amount of fun available. But if you only listen to the reviewers you'd get the impression that the game is just as bad as Fallout 76. A game that lied constantly to its players, has gamebreaking bugs, predatory microtransactions, and a host of other problems. Whereas Anthem's main remaining flaw is simply that it didn't launch with 200+ hours of endgame content.
    Bioware has been on the ball with bug fixes and QoL changes. They've been up front and transparent from the start in their communication.

While Anthem is definitely not perfect, the differences are much greater than reviewers are presenting, and you wouldn't know if you actually enjoy it without playing the game for more than an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Is raw quantity of content the only measure?

The main difference is that when the division launched IIRC it was $50-60, with extra fees later on for season pass and DLCs, with cosmetic microtransactions. And is still plagued with bugs and hackers today.

Anthem is also the same price at launch, with a guarantee of no further costs for future content. It's also handling its bugs and exploits a hell of a lot better.

Only history will tell us which will ultimately be the better product. I'll grant that the division 1 had a bit better leveling experience, but I favor the gameplay of Anthem amd its focus on PVE. The Division 1 had the darkzone, which is super interesting in theory, but failed utterly in execution.

As I've said a few times now: Anthem has potential. But if you haven't bought it yet, either wait to see what happens in the following months or give it a fair shot with Origin Premier for $15.

On that note, anyone who pays full price or more for Division 2 is stupid. I can't wait to see the hate train jump track from Anthem to it.

- - - Updated - - -

I run almost that exact same appearance. Just a little more green in the highlights and a lighter grey instead of tan on the armor plates.
    It must be since you think it's only worth that much in the face of him saying they added content. So, I guess it comes back to "should you be talking about a lack of content when even 76 offers more than this game?".

It must be since you think it's only worth that much in the face of him saying they added content. So, I guess it comes back to "should you be talking about a lack of content when even 76 offers more than this game?".
    Difference is, I find Anthem's content enjoyable, I can't even begin to enjoy 76s content, and that doesn't even include the bugs that it has and the server instability.

Id take a $60 apple over a $60 pile of steaming dogshit, yes.

I'm trying to articulate why Anthem isn't as bad as FO76. But if you think raw hours of content os the only thing that matters, then I don't know what to tell you.

All of these mediocre looter shooters make me miss Borderlands.. why the hell hasn't there been a 3rd one yet?
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso