Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fallout 76 has 52/100

Anthem has 60/100

According to the reviewers it isn't just as bad as Fallout 76, it's not that just much better.
    I've watched a LOT of anthem reviews. Almost all of them are based off only playing the demo, or complain about issues which have already been fixed.

Meanwhile FO76 remains a ripoff so bad they can't even give it away for free in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Id take a $60 apple over a $60 pile of steaming dogshit, yes.

I'm trying to articulate why Anthem isn't as bad as FO76. But if you think raw hours of content os the only thing that matters, then I don't know what to tell you.
    It kinda does when you're trying to retain people in your looter shooter. Cataclysm taught us what happens if you over rely on people running the same few dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It kinda does when you're trying to retain people in your looter shooter. Cataclysm taught us what happens if you over rely on people running the same few dungeons.
    I tend to agree.

But do you not see the difference between a game not having quite enough content, and a game full of gamebreaking bugs and exploits, shit server stability, and actively lying and trying to rip people off?(FO76)
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-27 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nah, just that if you make a multiplayer game, the multiplayer aspect should at least make some sense. Anthem and Fallout 76 are great examples, games that should have been made single player instead. All the compromises and technical issues that come along with online play could have been avoided to make the game so much better if they were single player.
    If you are talking about getting matchmade with randoms I can see your point. But if you are talking about playing with people you know, people you play with, then I would definitely disagree. When I can play with my friends we can adjust our builds to compliment each other, especially in regards to who are the main primers and detonators. Plus, with them, I don't have to worry about them fying somewhere outside of the mission or whatever, especially when we can party chat. It's a much more fun experience that way, than just soloing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not allowed to have opinions on games you haven't played huh?

How do you decide what games to purchase with that logic? Just throw darts at a board and see what it lands on?
    You're arguing apples and oranges here. I would listen to an actual friend who's opinion I trust or a "reviewer" that I feel I mesh with before buying a game. But I wouldn't make my own "review" to dissuade or persuade others when I haven't touched the game myself, which is what he is saying.

I tend to agree.

But do you not see the difference between a game not having quite enough content, and a game full of gamebreaking bugs and exploits, shit server stability, and actively lying and trying to rip people off?(FO76)
    I could. But it's hard to take you seriously when you run to hyperbole after how many times refuting the guy posting video evidence of the game being a mess?

What issues are those? I mean, I'm going over the reviews on metacritic... and the technical issues mentioned is pretty much just the long ass loading screens.

They mostly talk about the monotonous missions, poor story and shallow end game while praising the visuals, combat and flight.

...and I can just keep going on and on.

AHahahahahahahah *points at the fallout 76 thread* ahahahahahaha, oh god, oh it hurts.
    Wait. Are we now pretending all negative reviews are mean ol EA haters now? Is that why you're laughing at you making the same hyperbolic posts he is?

I could. But it's hard to take you seriously when you run to hyperbole after how many times refuting the guy posting video evidence of the game being a mess?
    What, exactly, about the quoted text of mine was hyperbole? Unless you mean the steaming pile of shit vs an apple statement. That was probably a little extreme.

What, exactly, about the quoted text of mine was hyperbole? Unless you mean the steaming pile of shit vs an apple statement. That was probably a little extreme.
    No, it's allowed. It's just that the same internet that says fallout is horrible also says Anthem is just as bad. Why is that false? I don't see any reason for the internet to lie suddenly.

And I'm sure someone mirrors your opinion of 76 on this game and you'll disagree. You disagree with people saying it isn't bad but meh. You disagree with the guy giving detailed explanations of how some stats are borked. It's as hilarious as my buddy Myobi disagreeing with Yong suddenly.

What issues are those? I mean, I'm going over the reviews on metacritic... and the technical issues mentioned is pretty much just the long ass loading screens.

They mostly talk about the monotonous missions, poor story and shallow end game while praising the visuals, combat and flight.
    I did say "watched" reviews. But yes, a lot of what I saw was complaints about loading times and the tomb quests.

Opinions on the story or enjoyability of the gameplay are purely subjective, and i don't give them much credence. Shallow end-game I tend to agree with. I don't personally have an issue with it since I don't try to live in the game, but I can see the lack.

Well it failed as far as business goes.
    I assume bioware is going to be absorbed into EA like the legendary studios before them. Though bioware isn't legendary of course, the people who made that studio are long gone.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    World of Warcraft did not launch with 3 world quests, 3 dungeons and completely broken items and classes.
    Well, it did launch with the last part. Itemization in classic was a joke and they spent the entire expansion overhauling the talent tree of every class because the shit that was in at launch made no sense and had 0 balance.

You're right about the rest, compared to the open world content and dungeons WoW released with at launch, Anthem has too little.

Oh, lol, no, that's not why I spilled my tea all over the place.

I actually agree, "all negative reviews are just EA haters" is ridiculous, I'm not sure if anyone was actually saying that or not, but it's just silly.

I'm not your buddy mate!

wtf you on about? Just because I linked one of his videos over Fallout 76 I'm supposed to agree with the guy 100% in everything?

Flawless logic as always
    Yep. Otherwise, you look like ridiculous for calling him clickbait if you hold him up as law before. But hey. Internet can't be wrong.

No, it's allowed. It's just that the same internet that says fallout is horrible also says Anthem is just as bad. Why is that false? I don't see any reason for the internet to lie suddenly.

And I'm sure someone mirrors your opinion of 76 on this game and you'll disagree. You disagree with people saying it isn't bad but meh. You disagree with the guy giving detailed explanations of how some stats are borked. It's as hilarious as my buddy Myobi disagreeing with Yong suddenly.
    Umm....ok? I'm not making hyperbole when Im talking aboit FO76. They literally did the things I mentioned. And while there are some superficially similarities between Anthem and FO76, when you really examine both there's no way Anthem is anywhere near as bad as FO76. I would very much like to hear actual arguments for this comparison so I can point out the flaws with it.

Umm....ok? I'm not making hyperbole when Im talking aboit FO76. They literally did the things I mentioned. And while there are some superficially similarities between Anthem and FO76, when you really examine both there's no way Anthem is anywhere near as bad as FO76. I would very much like to hear actual arguments for this comparison so I can point out the flaws with it.
    You mean like how you undervalued Anthem by saying a game with objectively more content is worth less than this games current new game sticker price?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Warframe had combo mods.
    Lol what ? Are you comparing Warframe's "combos" and Anthem's ? They're not at all the same things

Now I know you've never played either of those games. So all your rants are coming from Youtube, that's interesting indeed.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-02-27 at 06:07 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if anyone is actually playing it still, would anyone recommend a decent levelling build for Storm? I'm currently just using my lighting build and using frost/fire as a replacement in between if I get decent upgrades.

My storm is level 18 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    So if anyone is actually playing it still, would anyone recommend a decent levelling build for Storm? I'm currently just using my lighting build and using frost/fire as a replacement in between if I get decent upgrades.

I love the frost bomb, don't know what it's called, and the charged up fire explosion... whatever that is called lol... the mw is ten thousand suns though!

I leveled nearly exclusively with a Frost build, the control it provides is great to manage the Hard difficulty while being able to help teammates. Elemental Empowerment is great with whatever build you're using.

You mean like how you undervalued Anthem by saying a game with objectively more content is worth less than this games current new game sticker price?
    I explained why raw amount of content shouldn't be used as the only metric. So I'm not sure what your point is here.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't level as storm. Go Ranger or Colossus. Colossus with Lightning Coil and Flamethrower is good enough on its own, much less with a halfway decent autocannon.

Sorry, that's probably not very helpful if you only want to play storm. I'll back up what other people are saying about frost tho. Just need a good way to drop shields then freeze lockdown makes it EZ mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Well, it did launch with the last part. Itemization in classic was a joke and they spent the entire expansion overhauling the talent tree of every class because the shit that was in at launch made no sense and had 0 balance.

You're right about the rest, compared to the open world content and dungeons WoW released with at launch, Anthem has too little.
    WoW back then was trying to be close to an RPG. Broken builds and items in RPG is a thing, you know, in case you want to solo a campaign and really smart clever about character building.

By fixing these issues they increased longevity of the game and made it more attractive, but broken builds and talent trees is the least problem a RPG can have. Good thing that they realized soon enough that MMORPG doesn't work on the same rules as RPG and started removing these RPG quirks.

But even in classic WoW you had items that you cared about, you really wanted to have them, but in a freaking looter shooter there is none of that, no cool models, no shiny visual effects (even vermintide 2 got it right). Then you have sudden gameplay change (according to some players, i myself couldn't push myself enough to play it that far) when a GM weapon suddenly becomes so powerful that you start thinking that it's not worth to use most of your abilities over shooting (frankly, when i started playing warframe i had the same issue with Mag warframe when my force pull murdered most enemies until i've got far enough and stopped using it whatsoever. But at extremely low difficulties it still murdered a whole room of fighters. But when you look at other 3 abilities - that's not the case, and when you move on to non-starter frames this isn't an issue)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.