Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...that's a pretty common trope for assassin's regardless of gender. They're usually supposed to be either unseen (Hitman), or they're "designed" to be hard to see/allow for easy movement. Ninja's, men, have traditionally been portrayed this way, for example. Sure, we get our "American Ninja" western movies turning big beefcake blonde dudes into ninja's, but traditionally they've been smaller builds with more form fitting clothing all in service of being stealthy.
    Ninja Assassin is what I imagine for a figure.
    And I could easily see that in the Interceptor.

Main character is portrayed by Rain from South Korea.

Funnily enough, he cross dresses in Speed Racer in a specific scene for the sake of deception.

Loot hotfix is now live.
    Uncommon/Common items dropping at 30+ had an issue so they're holding off on that until more testing can be done. Hopefully it will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I didn't want to comment in this thread again, but this is like, the understatement of the century. There are just so many things in all facets of the service that are wrong, and they've been mentioned before so I'll refrain from re-iterating. This is not a case of "could have been better, but they're trying". To call this an attempt at providing good service is to twist and redefine the very concept of good service.
    I was referring to Bioware's actions since the launch of the game. Their response time on identifying and fixing problems seems to be really good, especially those brought up by the players.

Now, some of the problems are going to take longer to fix than others. More end-game content isn't something they can just pull out of their ass on a week's notice. But even there they're doing some stopgap measures, like turning leveling missions into end-game variety by scaling them up. It's not a new stronghold, and it's recycling existing content, but it's at least SOMETHING.

IMHO this is EXACTLY a case of, as you mentioned: "Could have been better, but they're trying".

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Loot hotfix is now live.
    Uncommon/Common items dropping at 30+ had an issue so they're holding off on that until more testing can be done. Hopefully it will come soon.
    Awesome, hopefully that second part can be fixed tomorrow, before the weekend.

Edit: Just got my second legendary looking forward to seeing what it is
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-03-01 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @SirCowdog

Here is your answer as to why companies want to delay content and not give us all since day 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0cdHps3mjM&t=9m11s

Seems like a solid opinion.
    Okaaaaay, his analogy is off, though, because Anthem isn't charging anything extra for later additions to the game. It doesn't have lootboxes, and the MTX store is....minimal. In fact, one of the first things Bioware has done is introduce a bunch of cosmetic rewards from just playing the game.

So where's the hook? Where's the giant paid trap waiting to spring when you come back to the game in a month or two?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    With a purely you buy it, you own it model? Yeah, that makes no sense.

With some people paying monthly for access instead of buying it? Then there is incentive to stretch your content as thin as possible.
    But if you buy with the sub, you get ALL THE OTHER GAMES to mitigate the lack in any one. Shit, I'll play the singleplayer of Battlefield 5 just because it's free, then go on to play Darksiders 3 just for shits and giggles.

That's not really an unfair trade. In fact in a lot of ways, that's actually REALLY good value if you haven't exhausted the library. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I was referring to Bioware's actions since the launch of the game. Their response time on identifying and fixing problems seems to be really good, especially those brought up by the players.

Now, some of the problems are going to take longer to fix than others. More end-game content isn't something they can just pull out of their ass on a week's notice. But even there they're doing some stopgap measures, like turning leveling missions into end-game variety by scaling them up. It's not a new stronghold, and it's recycling existing content, but it's at least SOMETHING.

IMHO this is EXACTLY a case of, as you mentioned: "Could have been better, but they're trying".
    I strongly suspect that BioWare expected (or at least weren't surprised by) complaints about how the gear drops worked. It makes sense that they would rather have it set for a longer grind and make adjustments to shorten it, rather than have the current system and try to make it more difficult if people complained they geared up too quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

But if you buy with the sub, you get ALL THE OTHER GAMES to mitigate the lack in any one. Shit, I'll play the singleplayer of Battlefield 5 just because it's free, then go on to play Darksiders 3 just for shits and giggles.

That's not really an unfair trade. In fact in a lot of ways, that's actually REALLY good value if you haven't exhausted the library. :/
    *nods* If I hadn't got Anthem with my GFX card I would have totally gone for the subscription, if this game had turned out to be a dud I'd been planning on getting Darksiders 3 eventually anyway.

Dudes got nice butts sometimes. I'm not lithe like that frame is (average build), but I've got quite the butt and have received plenty of complements on it over the years. I mean, why can't there be lithe guys with nice tight butts in the future? : P.
    Edge's inbox flooding in 3.....2.....1........

XD

But on topic...I'd say to compare the way the Interceptor fights to something like Legolas with his daggers in the LOTR movies, or Vega from Street Fighter. The idea that men can't be graceful and have a toned ass is kind of....off. I'm a hetero man and I main colossus, so the butt on the armor doesn't do anything for me. But I chose a female character anyway, so the interceptor seems to fit better, thematically and literally.

However, what I AM is a big fan of skillful martial arts and choreography. You gotta look good when you're fighting(Prospero got that part right, at least), and the Interceptor does that REALLY well, regardless of gender. You don't even see your character 99% of the time anyway, so I don't really see the problem. Just unlock some more bulky armor pieces or something.

New legendary I just got after the loot update
    Retaliation of Garretus machine pistol
    +200% Physical Damage
    +175% Weapon Damage
    +18% Gear Damage
    +25% Ammo pickup

Or...we could look at the suit design and how it thematically fits with the suits respective roles.

Colossus? Huge, big and tanky, which is what the suit is designed for.
    Ranger? Pretty standard armor designed for general combat focused on a more balanced approach.
    Storm? Bulkier than potentially expected, but much cleaner in its lines without pieces of armor jutting out everywhere, and with the use of cloth which is a stereotypical signifier of "casters"
    Interceptor? Minimal armor, sleek lines and smaller in size as it's the more "assassin-y" armor that's designed to look far more mobile than the rest.

I mean, why are we even ascribing gender signifiers to armor to begin with? I'm all kinds of confused.
    This is exactly where I'm at.

Colossus: Blocky, heavy armor, stompy, tank.
    Ranger: Jack of all trades. Meh.
    Storm: Wizard/spellcaster.
    Interceptor: Martial artist.

I didn't ascribe any gender aspects to that. But then again, I chose a female character, so any gender tendencies probably just not as noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Me too How did this conversation started? >_<
    Sexy armor with skin showing being sold as a MTX option, supposedly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Nah I'd be all for a slim build, it's mostly the rear (which we as players end up staring at the most), it's decidedly feminine and not a-gendered like Bioware was probably going for. Not sure if it was a mistake or they honestly think it looks a-gendered but, to my eyes it's not (especially compared to the others).
    I'm reminded of this meme pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    New legendary I just got after the loot update
    Retaliation of Garretus machine pistol
    +200% Physical Damage
    +175% Weapon Damage
    +18% Gear Damage
    +25% Ammo pickup
    That is a very sexy machine pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm sort of baffled it was not in on launch, especially considering it's supposedly such fast hat trick fix. I am not sure why they waited until this reddit shitstorm to do it, did they not think about it beforehand, especially seeing how D3 went? Basically repeating history like fools.
    The more I hear about developers the more I think they just don't realistically have or take the time to play and learn from similar games in a meaningful enough way. At least not the people who are making decisions anyway.

We already hear these stories of insane work hours, we also hear stories of developing ruining many peoples enjoyment of games. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't learn because they simply never even knew because they never got that experience. Which is a failing imo, but not all that surprising.

Just take a look at the road WoW has been on over the years. How many changes invoke people saying "they don't play their game". It also makes a lot of sense in the whole "its like these dudes are in a time capsule" kind of way as well. Have you ever watched Kevin Jordans streams? When he actively talks about WoW its literally like he's been in a time capsule this whole time. His opinions on designs etc are clearly dated, now imagine if he got hired back on the team.

We sit here acting like these guys have anywhere near the experience people like us who spend a disgusting number of hours playing games do. A career in game design simply doesn't seem like it really allows for that. The age of games being made by hardcore gamers is long gone.

Anthem has amazing potential, but it keeps being dragged down by these outright "u did wat?" decisions they made.
    Frankly that's every game though, there's always something that one just can't wrap their head around.

That said, there's two things that all the reviewers seemed to completely ignore even though they're arguably thee most important.

1~ The devs are so insanely engaged and transparent with the community while listening to feedback to the point where people started to freak out when they went pretty much silent for a single day while they were discussing the loot changes. They're so engaged that one single day of not communicating had the community worried. Blizzard built their entire company on less communication than this. Blizzard earned players trust over the years through all sorts of nonsense specifically because of this kind of behavior, the same goes for Warframe and PoE's devs as well. People put them up on a pedestal and forgive issues because these guys are engaged and making good changes based on interacting with the community.

This not coming up in reviews for a live service game blows my mind, as its easily one of if not thee most important thing for these kinds of games.

2~ The turnaround time on fixing things and response to feedback thus far has been incredible. Its been 2 weeks... the launch weeks riddled with all sorts of issues on a clearly unfinished game... and they're overhauling the entire freaking loot system while fixing all sorts of issues. D3 didn't fix their loot until RoS came out. Destiny 2 didn't fix their loot until Forsaken, and from my understanding Destiny 1 was the same kind of story relying on paid DLC to fix their game.

As backwards as it sounds, specifically because of these 2 things its almost better that the game released unfinished. Now instead of them investing all that time and effort into making more content that would probably be flawed with poorer designs and then either entrenching in those bad designs or taking months to fix them like you see in WoW right now... they get to build this stuff with the community from now on guiding things every step of the way.

If they released the game as is and didn't have this level of engagement I'd have enjoyed the time it took to finish up the story and dropped it, but this situation has such incredible promise for the future. Its really the only reason I'm still paying attention to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They already created all of it and just hid it as is apparent from their streams before release, so that some gullible people like SirCowdog would be like "omg look new content for freeeee!!" when they will re-enable the stuff that should have been already included in a damned launch.
    Seems like its just another one of those unfinished systems, though honestly this one has me worried the most.

I honestly have no idea how they're supposed to make money off this game. The shop isn't predatory at all and one could reasonably get everything for free in a reasonable time frame. Supposedly they're putting 100 cosmetic items in those stronghold boxes which is likely the bulk of what's missing from the vods right now. Supposedly we won't get duplicates from those stronghold boxes, so we'll be able to spam up all that stuff for free. They've said they aren't charging for DLC.

Either EA actually learned something from BF2 and are trying to use this game to regain our trust while letting it operate at a loss... or I have no idea how this games going to bring in enough revenue to keep going the way its going.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

I was hoping someone would post that. ROFL!

Edge's inbox flooding in 3.....2.....1........

XD

But on topic...I'd say to compare the way the Interceptor fights to something like Legolas with his daggers in the LOTR movies, or Vega from Street Fighter. The idea that men can't be graceful and have a toned ass is kind of....off. I'm a hetero man and I main colossus, so the butt on the armor doesn't do anything for me. But I chose a female character anyway, so the interceptor seems to fit better, thematically and literally.

However, what I AM is a big fan of skillful martial arts and choreography. You gotta look good when you're fighting(Prospero got that part right, at least), and the Interceptor does that REALLY well, regardless of gender. You don't even see your character 99% of the time anyway, so I don't really see the problem. Just unlock some more bulky armor pieces or something.
    As I've been playing tonight the two things I thought the Interceptor reminded me most of were elves or Spider-Man

Also,

Stupid sexy Flanders.

- - - Updated - - -

So far my biggest complaint in this game is the Titans, they're just stupid bullshit bullet sponges who put fire everywhere. It doesn't make me feel skilled or awesome when I take one down, it's just a drudgery of plinking away with my rifle and occasionally running away until my shield comes back up.

On the topic of Javelin fashion: Does anyone else wonder how much the pilot's feet must hurt after wearing those suits for any length of time? I mean, you'd have to point the toes of your feet almost straight down in the interceptor, probably causing the same kind of foot pain women get when wearing heels too long?

And I'm still trying to figure out how the arms of the colossus are supposed to work. Seems like it would have to use some kind of movement multiplying system to exaggerate how much the pilot's arm bends at the elbow or something? There's no way to have the actual arm bend enough inside the armor to make sense.

On the topic of Javelin fashion: Does anyone else wonder how much the pilot's feet must hurt after wearing those suits for any length of time? I mean, you'd have to point the toes of your feet almost straight down in the interceptor, probably causing the same kind of foot pain women get when wearing heels too long?

And I'm still trying to figure out how the arms of the colossus are supposed to work. Seems like it would have to use some kind of movement multiplying system to exaggerate how much the pilot's arm bends at the elbow or something? There's no way to have the actual arm bend enough inside the armor to make sense.
    With the Interceptor you probably don't have any weight on the actual foot, you'll be sitting on the crotch of the suit like a saddle with your legs hanging down. With the Colossus I think the pilot's elbows would go as far as the machine's shoulders, their hands reach no further than the suit's elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That is a very sexy machine pistol.
    Yep! it is great.

Got a Radiant Fortress legendary just now too. 200% physical damage, and a universal 18% weapon damage
    xD
    Took 80 hours, but I finally saw not just my second legend, but my third!

Edit:
    Anecdotal, but it feels like loot rate got buffed.
    6 masterworks in one stronghold, 4 in the other.
    Not including the guaranteed ones.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-03-01 at 01:51 AM.

I honestly can't figure out how we could reasonably fit inside the suits. There just straight up is no room for your feet in the interceptor, Colossus arms you'd have to have them sticking straight out from your body with your arms hanging downward which would then only fit into the upper arm part. So there'd have to be a mechanism to control the rest of your arm / fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I honestly can't figure out how we could reasonably fit inside the suits. There just straight up is no room for your feet in the interceptor, Colossus arms you'd have to have them sticking straight out from your body with your arms hanging downward which would then only fit into the upper arm part. So there'd have to be a mechanism to control the rest of your arm / fingers.
    I've seen people mention the elbow reaching the colossus shoulder, with the rest of the arm reaching the colossus Elbow and having controls to do the rest of the colossus arm/hands. Kinda like those old toys with 5 pulleys for each extended finger.

Anthem also made life-size cosplay suits. Though they cheated on the arms with colossus, lessened them super shoulders xD

Last edited by Sixnalia; 2019-03-01 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I've seen people mention the elbow reaching the colossus shoulder, with the rest of the arm reaching the colossus Elbow and having controls to do the rest of the colossus arm/hands. Kinda like those old toys with 5 pulleys for each extended finger.

Anthem also made life-size cosplay suits. Though they cheated on the arms with colossus, lessened them super shoulders xD
    Yeah that's exactly what I was trying to get at with colossus. It looks like its exactly what they did in the cosplay.

Also note how the interceptors stilts end up going the opposite way at the bottom and all 3 of their legs are much longer proportionally.