1. #5341
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I drank 4 coffees for what it was supposed to be a huge gaming session.
    servers are down
    What am i going to do now at 2h30 AM with a huge adrenaline rush?

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) any ideas?
    Servers are back up now.... for how long...... who knows

  2. #5342
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I drank 4 coffees for what it was supposed to be a huge gaming session.
    servers are down
    What am i going to do now at 2h30 AM with a huge adrenaline rush?

    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) any ideas?
    Dark Souls. XD

    Although if you need a looter shooter fix, the Division 2 open beta is going. Not sure if you want to wade through that swamp though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its funny cause he was saying the opposite a while ago in that ranger was just a better interceptor. Probably just whatever items you get and all that, YMMV.
    I have almost zero experience with javelins other tham colossus. But what does the ranger bring to the table? I mean, Interceptor has crazy melee and a combo aura, and can use all the same weapons as the Ranger, while boasting tje best mobility in the game. All that in trade for a little less armor and shields?

    What does the ranger do better than the other suits?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-02 at 04:06 AM.

  3. #5343
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Dark Souls. XD

    Although if you need a looter shooter fix, the Division 2 open beta is going. Not sure if you want to wade through that swamp though.
    Ahah im having fun in Anthem for now.

    Im on the mission to open 4 Tombs by doing Trials.
    Managed just now to find the list of things i need to do...in the middle of a mess of menus but i got it

    One question though.
    How do i know where are the "world events"? The map shows nothing

  4. #5344
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I have almost zero experience with javelins other tham colossus. But what does the ranger bring to the table? I mean, Interceptor has crazy melee and a combo aura, and can use all the same weapons as the Ranger, while boasting tje best mobility in the game. All that in trade for a little less armor and shields?

    What does the ranger do better than the other suits?
    The aura is probably the worst combo in the game atm, and melee dmg is pretty low and underwhelming and requires you to be stationary and in melee which gets you killed. Interceptors skills are arguably worse, you're trading squishiness for mobility in a game where most enemies have a lot of hitscan.

    Interceptors saving grace is the masterwork affixes, which is why you might have seen people acting like interceptor is nonviable in GM2-3. Its hyper gear dependent in order to do the tougher content effectively.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    How do i know where are the "world events"? The map shows nothing
    You just fly around until one shows up, which usually doesn't take very long... but yeah its dumb that it isn't on the map and nothing leads you to them until you're very close.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  5. #5345
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Ahah im having fun in Anthem for now.

    Im on the mission to open 4 Tombs by doing Trials.
    Managed just now to find the list of things i need to do...in the middle of a mess of menus but i got it

    One question though.
    How do i know where are the "world events"? The map shows nothing
    Gotta fly around. Shouldn't take long. By the time I reached that point I only needed like 3 events and 7 chests. Took me maybe 45 minutes to fill in the mission objectives.

    Check if your teammates aren't moving for awhile. Probably means they're working one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The aura is probably the worst combo in the game atm, and melee dmg is pretty low and underwhelming and requires you to be stationary and in melee which gets you killed. Interceptors skills are arguably worse, you're trading squishiness for mobility in a game where most enemies have a lot of hitscan.

    Interceptors saving grace is the masterwork affixes, which is why you might have seen people acting like interceptor is nonviable in GM2-3. Its hyper gear dependent in order to do the tougher content effectively.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You just fly around until one shows up, which usually doesn't take very long... but yeah its dumb that it isn't on the map and nothing leads you to them until you're very close.
    Yeah, but what does the ranger have? Some nades? A melee primer?

  6. #5346
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, but what does the ranger have? Some nades? A melee primer?
    Group Heal.


    ...and Sniperceptor is ridiculously strong but yes, extremely gear dependent.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

  7. #5347
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Group Heal.


    ...and Sniperceptor is ridiculously strong but yes, extremely gear dependent.
    Hmmm...that might be useful in higher GM runs I guess.

  8. #5348
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The aura is probably the worst combo in the game atm, and melee dmg is pretty low and underwhelming and requires you to be stationary and in melee which gets you killed. Interceptors skills are arguably worse, you're trading squishiness for mobility in a game where most enemies have a lot of hitscan.

    Interceptors saving grace is the masterwork affixes, which is why you might have seen people acting like interceptor is nonviable in GM2-3. Its hyper gear dependent in order to do the tougher content effectively.
    That's why what people do is simply take big bad guns and couple them with amazing +damage modifiers Interceptor is packed with. What happened and why Ranger is in such a shit state is that because of Interceptor damage modifiers being global they end up being ST powerhouses, while still packing AoE with Devastator, this is even further exacerbated by the fact that Interceptors have some serious damage scaling from MW procs coupled with target beacon with is yet another damage multiplier on top of Acid and Crit and such utility as free reloads as well.

    That's why Interceptors end up completely outgunning Rangers and the fact that if you try to setup Impact ranger to keep up weapon damage which results in your abilities doing no damage whatsoever does not help.

  9. #5349
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,820
    Seriously doubt Interceptors and Rangers will stay the way are.

  10. #5350
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Seriously doubt Interceptors and Rangers will stay the way are.
    Tried out Interceptor seriously for the first time. Man....that is some super frenetic gameplay. Get in the mix and bounce from target to target like a pinball. I can finally see a reason to keep shotguns.

    Although I guess you could sit back and snipe with the Interceptor support ability too. That seems like a role better suited to a Storm, though. Although when I say "snipe" I mean dropping elemental bombs on the enemy like artillery.

  11. #5351
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Tried out Interceptor seriously for the first time. Man....that is some super frenetic gameplay. Get in the mix and bounce from target to target like a pinball. I can finally see a reason to keep shotguns.

    Although I guess you could sit back and snipe with the Interceptor support ability too. That seems like a role better suited to a Storm, though. Although when I say "snipe" I mean dropping elemental bombs on the enemy like artillery.
    I don't really like the Sniper game play. I just run a shotgun and melee abilities.

  12. #5352
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The aura is probably the worst combo in the game atm, and melee dmg is pretty low and underwhelming and requires you to be stationary and in melee which gets you killed. Interceptors skills are arguably worse, you're trading squishiness for mobility in a game where most enemies have a lot of hitscan.

    Interceptors saving grace is the masterwork affixes, which is why you might have seen people acting like interceptor is nonviable in GM2-3. Its hyper gear dependent in order to do the tougher content effectively.

    I honestly love Aura, especially when you get an Ice combo aura.
    I'm currently still messing around with my builds, though.

    Biggest issue is I don't see a reason to bring my one ice ability as Interceptor.
    But Storms seem to favor frost shards or the ice storm, so I can take advantage and "spread the cold".

    Ice makes GM2/3 feel much more manageable, too.

  13. #5353
    This is pretty much the best ranger can do without going with Avenging Herald cheese with 30k weak hits, which is like boring as fuck. Spark Beam with good roll is basically the only ability that does any sort of damage with impact build, which is what you gonna use in GM2+ because Devastator/Blast simply does not scale for shit.


  14. #5354
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is pretty much the best ranger can do without going with Avenging Herald cheese with 30k weak hits, which is like boring as fuck. Spark Beam with good roll is basically the only ability that does any sort of damage with impact build, which is what you gonna use in GM2+ because Devastator/Blast simply does not scale for shit.
    I'm enjoying the blast build, but it feels way more gear dependent than Impact.

    Divine Vengeance scales with blast, so leaning on just Devastator isn't necessary with a blast build.

    Throw in some of the key things like Last Argument to use your Ultimate every 20 seconds-ish too.

    Add Argo's Mace to the mix (ideally one with plenty of gear damage and speed)


    The build is a "blast". It's pretty damn fun, but needs quite a bit of speed/blast damage rolls to feel effective.

    Vs. impact build which took far less luck.

  15. #5355
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I'm enjoying the blast build, but it feels way more gear dependent than Impact.

    Divine Vengeance scales with blast, so leaning on just Devastator isn't necessary with a blast build.

    Throw in some of the key things like Last Argument to use your Ultimate every 20 seconds-ish too.

    Add Argo's Mace to the mix (ideally one with plenty of gear damage and speed)


    The build is a "blast". It's pretty damn fun, but needs quite a bit of speed/blast damage rolls to feel effective.

    Vs. impact build which took far less luck.
    Not even close to simple Impact build.

    I have Blast Build with legendary Last Argument with +250% blast on it and Devastator with +125% weapon damage and +9% sniper on it and a TON of +damage mods all around. It's simply no match for impact, the best it does is ult really, that one is the only real thing, the rest is fluff including Divine Vengeance.

    Problem with Divine Vengeance is that proc with full balls to the wall blast build does what - 7k damage? That's like one tick from body shot lazerbeam in the vid above or like 3.5 bullets from LMG. Damage is simply not there, because shit that's killing you is not that trash you take out in 2 milliseconds but those legendary shielded guys or minibosses that corner your behind.

    Like the best best setup with Blast I had was hilariously with this Lazer of Death, simply because its proc scales with Blast, so it sort of does similar-ish damage in Blast build maybe like ~30% less overall. At least it gave the build some sort of relief single target. It's like having divine vengeance with uncoditional explosions that does not suck actually.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-02 at 02:53 PM.

  16. #5356
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not even close to simple Impact build.

    I have Blast Build with legendary Last Argument with +250% blast on it and Devastator with +125% weapon damage and +9% sniper on it and a TON of +damage mods all around. It's simply no match for impact, the best it does is ult really, that one is the only real thing, the rest is fluff including Divine Vengeance.

    Problem with Divine Vengeance is that proc with full balls to the wall blast build does what - 7k damage? That's like one tick from body shot lazerbeam in the vid above or like 3.5 bullets from LMG. Damage is simply not there, because shit that's killing you is not that trash you take out in 2 milliseconds but those legendary shielded guys or minibosses that corner your behind.

    Like the best best setup with Blast I had was hilariously with this Lazer of Death, simply because its proc scales with Blast, so it sort of does similar-ish damage in Blast build maybe like ~30% less overall. At least it gave the build some sort of relief single target. It's like having divine vengeance with uncoditional explosions that does not suck actually.
    *looks for where I said Impact isn't as good as blast to trigger this*

    Ah damn, I must have ghost typed.

  17. #5357
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I honestly love Aura, especially when you get an Ice combo aura.
    I'm currently still messing around with my builds, though.

    Biggest issue is I don't see a reason to bring my one ice ability as Interceptor.
    But Storms seem to favor frost shards or the ice storm, so I can take advantage and "spread the cold".

    Ice makes GM2/3 feel much more manageable, too.
    The issue is the affix application is redundant since it the mobs already need to be primed in order to proc it. The aura would be useful for that if all the javs could only prime single enemies, but we can aoe prime entire packs so it simply doesn't matter. Which is why they added the damage over time aspect after launch when players said interceptors combo was useless outside of the initial explosion. Though the damage over time aura is still really pathetic. What's worse is new enemies who gain the affix via the aura aren't primed so even the potential team play aspect of it is removed.

    The idea of an aura is all well and good for a combo, there's all sorts of things that could be done to play into the interceptor fantasy. Its just that the current thing is poorly designed. Though if I'm being honest most of the interceptor design in general seems like it was very much just slapped together in a rush. I'm fairly certain it was the last Jav they made with how unpolished it feels.

    I say that while still very much enjoying playing it, but the entire time I'm also just thinking about how it could feel so much better to play and things could be designed so differently.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  18. #5358
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I don't really like the Sniper game play. I just run a shotgun and melee abilities.
    I do the same thing, I pack the +35 shields shottie and the Machine Pistol that gives damage boost with point-blank ranged shots so much fun bouncing from target to target melting them with melee and shottie. I find that even though the ice stars are lower in damage they are great at controlling the enemy while you melt them down until you get hit from behind. Then I jump to another

    If I am working with elites, I do a Double strike build. It blows right through their shields and then I can just blast a shottie in their face then spread them.

    The most fun about interceptor is that it is not strictly about damage for me but it is about shredding and moving. I kill most of what I go after but if I can get them down to about 20% before moving on I am good

  19. #5359
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    *looks for where I said Impact isn't as good as blast to trigger this*

    Ah damn, I must have ghost typed.
    The point is, what you said is shit damage. But hey it's good for GM1 - everything goes there, even Interceptor melee, but then GM1 is the only thing worth doing at the moment so meh.

  20. #5360
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, but what does the ranger have? Some nades? A melee primer?
    The Rangers base design is just a straight up better Interceptor, which is why you had people not unlike Gaidax abandoning Interceptor to pick up Ranger and saying it was just outright better early on. Interceptor really doesn't have great tools to be in melee using abilities that do the same damage as the ranged abilities other Javs have. And the general ability design just isn't great.

    What Interceptor does have at end game is a bunch of masterwork components that give flat damage increases. Like I have a masterwork double edged component which passively gives a flat 50% more dmg (but I take "-25%" more lul) and also gives me another large flat % bonus for 5 seconds when my health is low. Its not that interceptor has a great design, it just has numbers.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •