Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    He got banned for doing the Tyrant Mine disconnect bug on stream after being asked not to...
    Yeah that sounds about right.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    What im most surprised about is how technically is well made.
    If you get disconnected you can come back.
    You never lose loot even if you get disconnected.
    Performance is good on my machine which is not the best in the world.
    It's fine to enjoy the game but I can't see any truth to this statement. I don't know what you consider "good" but this game is claimed to be even worse than Arkham Knight in terms of performance optimization. It's incredibly CPU dependent, VSYNC is broken, the dead city crushes FPS, etc.

Some technical issues I'll also point out, loading screens are expected but to need it for a loadout customization is dumb. Having to load the game because I'm 20ft from where I'm supposed to be in a mission is dumb and even buggy most of the time "kept getting stuck on a 5 second window to reach a place which was impossible until I restarted the game". Then there is bad UI, poor character screen (can't see stats for example), poor explanation on completing that free play shrine mission, and the occasional game crashes/disconnects.

On the technical end the game is quite a mess and hopefully will be addressed. The biggest appeal for me atm is the combat.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Hey, thats not breaking the meta or being imaginative.
    Thats outright exploiting.

Dont know if he will get unbanned after all.
    Theres another streamer that got banned is doing the same thing. There's another disconnect exploit that's also going around that they're also exploiting.

I don't care that its a PVE only game, they're clearly doing things that aren't intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's fine to enjoy the game but I can't see any truth to this statement. I don't know what you consider "good" but this game is claimed to be even worse than Arkham Knight in terms of performance optimization. It's incredibly CPU dependent, VSYNC is broken, the dead city crushes FPS, etc.

Some technical issues I'll also point out, loading screens are expected but to need it for a loadout customization is dumb. Having to load the game because I'm 20ft from where I'm supposed to be in a mission is dumb and even buggy most of the time "kept getting stuck on a 5 second window to reach a place which was impossible until I restarted the game". Then there is bad UI, poor character screen (can't see stats for example), poor explanation on completing that free play shrine mission, and the occasional game crashes/disconnects.

On the technical end the game is quite a mess and hopefully will be addressed. The biggest appeal for me atm is the combat.
    I'm 90% certain this is because consoles have a very limited amount of ram and the appearance tab is currently tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Strange, i dont seem to have encountered any of those issues in my 8 hours playing.
    My laptop (yes i game on laptop, i dont even have a desktop) was 900 dollars and the game runs wonderful. (all i know about my PC is that it has a 1070 graphics card).
    I never check the actual FPS's though...the game just feels to run nice to me and no breaks whatsoever.

I also never got teleported to my team because i play Interceptor which is the fastest Javelin. So i dont know about that. (i know something was patched about this issue)

UI is confusing for sure.
    Many menus.

I dont know, im still in the honeymoon phase of the game but this game seems/feels wonderful so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

So now one of the streamers that did the chest running the day the droprate was "higher than intended" was banned. Glad I didn't buy this game. It's just another F76. Instead of fixing their game they're just going to ban people that expose bugs.
    Besides the fact that he lies right off the bat in the video when he says he farmed chests in GM1 (because he did the freeplay cheese of running in GM3 without being geared for it to farm the world chests before it was fixed), he also straight up admits he was using he Storm Ult bug and teaching others how to use it so 4 guys could group up and ult down titans. Then he talks about doing the boss exploit which he says is perfectly ok as he used to do the same type of exploit in Destiny and never got in trouble. Yeah he's a freaking boy scout...../smh

Strange, i dont seem to have encountered any of those issues in my 8 hours playing.
    My laptop (yes i game on laptop, i dont even have a desktop) was 900 dollars and the game runs wonderful. (all i know about my PC is that it has a 1070 graphics card).
    I never check the actual FPS's though...the game just feels to run nice to me and no breaks whatsoever.

I also never got teleported to my team because i play Interceptor which is the fastest Javelin. So i dont know about that. (i know something was patched about this issue)

Many menus.

I dont know, im still in the honeymoon phase of the game but this game seems/feels wonderful so far.
    Yea curious as to what FPS you are getting, especially on a laptop. That is the quantitative comparison you can make to determine if the game is "technically" great. People are having a hard time hitting stable 60fps on a 2070 with a midtier CPU. Example source.

As for the mid mission forced teleport/load, sure Interceptors won't experience the issue but the other 3 probably will. That's still bad design and I don't get why they want you in a specific are inside a closed "dungeon". Outdoors? Sure. Inside? Why....

I almost forgot another major technical issue, the enemy AI at times.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-03-03 at 01:54 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Besides the fact that he lies right off the bat in the video when he says he farmed chests in GM1 (because he did the freeplay cheese of running in GM3 without being geared for it to farm the world chests before it was fixed), he also straight up admits he was using he Storm Ult bug and teaching others how to use it so 4 guys could group up and ult down titans. Then he talks about doing the boss exploit which he says is perfectly ok as he used to do the same type of exploit in Destiny and never got in trouble. Yeah he's a freaking boy scout...../smh
    Ok so I looked at this dudes Twitch channel, and there are FOUR videos where he is using the Storm Ult NOT the way it was intended. This was a WELL Deserved Ban

He looks Shocked here so I will give him the benefit of first finding out about it
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Su...lGiantFoxLitty

Here he knows about it and uses it again
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Lo...rewArsonNoSexy

Here he still knows about it and STILL uses it
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Ob...teeKeyboardCat

And here is his Loot farm using the SAME BUGGED Ult for Ursix farming
    https://www.twitch.tv/xgladd/clip/Si...cKleeTwitchRPG

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Ok so I looked at this dudes Twitch channel, and there are FOUR videos where he is using the Storm Ult NOT the way it was intended. This was a WELL Deserved Ban

He looks Shocked here so I will give him the benefit of first finding out about it

The storm ult really isn't what did him in. Other streamers also got banned and they weren't on Storms.
    It's for the disconnect bug he was using in Tyrant Mine... Basically at one point you could fake a party wipe by having everyone alt-f4 after you killed the swarm tyrant. It would load you back up at the boss and you'd keep the loot.

Should we feel bad for people that are stupid enough to abuse glitches and then film it and put it out on the net?

Really?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Should we feel bad for people that are stupid enough to abuse glitches and then film it and put it out on the net?

Really?
    There are already at least 3 videos from the usual clickbait crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Many menus.

Don't worry... All the clickbait journalists quit by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    There are already at least 3 videos from the usual clickbait crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry... All the clickbait journalists quit by this point.
    I just watched a video made today that made absolutely no sense whatsoever....i dont understand...at all.
    We live in the "age of outrage", is the only explanation i find.

You are going to tell your kids once you are old "i lived in the age of outrage and it was insane"

Just look at all the arguments of this video. Its all ridiculous, specially since the new loot patch, right off the bat makes half the video wrong.
    And then you look at his gameplay and the guy is contantly Overheating the Javelin. WTF

If you want to have a laugh, watch this:
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-03-03 at 05:20 AM.

Upper Echelon Gamers vid's.. hard pass.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

I just watched a video made today that made absolutely no sense whatsoever....i dont understand...at all.
    We live in the "age of outrage", is the only explanation i find.

You are going to tell your kids once you are old "i lived in the age of outrage and it was insane"

Just look at all the arguments of this video. Its all ridiculous, specially since the new loot patch, right off the bat makes half the video wrong.
    And then you look at his gameplay and the guy is contantly Overheating the Javelin. WTF

If you want to have a laugh, watch this:
    Yeah, Upper Echelon Gaming is often correct in a general sense, but tends to get things very VERY wrong in the details.

For instance, his recent video about how "Games as a service are a plague" is actually really on point at an industry-wide standard. But the problem is that he compares FO76, Destiny 2, and Anthem, completely missing the point about how Anthem is not actually applying any of the predatory, misleading business practices of the other two. Yes, Anthem has a cosmetic store, but so far as we've seen it's not making ANY attempts to push people into it, even going as far as to releasing many skins and armor pieces in loot drops, as well as being very vocal in their communication about fixing the coins that players are supposed to be getting.

Could Bioware/Anthem change this in the future? I guess. But why shit on them now for something they haven't done yet, especially when they've communicated that they specifically AREN'T going to do things like Paid DLC or Season Passes that the other games do?

Mostly, as far as I can tell, it's just one giant hate train cashing in on easy outrage videos that look good on the surface, but aren't actually true when you get down into the details. And the worst part is that if you try to point out these details on their channels, you're immediately labeled as a stupid fanboi, an apologist, or moron.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-03 at 06:15 AM.

he abuses like 5 different bugs on stream, laughs about it and then wounder why he got banned LOL and ofc yongyea and quatering make video about it

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Really?
    It's more the fact that they're banning people for abusing their shitty, bugged up game for something that has absolutely no impact on ANYONE ELSE. So what if he gets better gear? There's no PvP, there's no economy, you can't sell or even give gear to other people. Something people forget, this isn't an MMO. It is a multiplayer game, sure. But none of the rules apply here that apply for MMOs, and the fact they are actively banning people from their game, after it's already getting BOMBED in the reviews, is just them shooting off their own feet. Instead they should see these bugs and glitches that people are abusing and just quietly fix them. Don't fucking BAN the people that are actively PROMOTING your fucking game! Rocket science here, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    If people exploit, then there is a problem with a game, not players. If farming X ammount of stuff doesnt fell rewarding for time spend, you can be sure people will go for shortcuts. Bioware is at fault here to even allow for this bug to pass the testing stage.

Yeah people exploit your broken and buggy game. Players are the problem not your shit game. Fix your game first. Anthem has no trading or PVP so nobody has an advantage over eachother. EA is just butthurt that people managed to get ahead without their approval so they must be banned. Fuck them. Fuck this games as a service bullshit where they want complete control over what you can do in a single player game.

Returning to an earlier topic in the thread about foot cramps while wearing a Javelin. I managed to get some screenshots of my interceptor in quick play, where I was in the final mission. Lots of cutscenes. Here's what's bothering me.

Now, standing up, it looks like the knee might bend at the right place, and I guess the foot could sort of fit in there somewhere around the backswing of the calf on the suit. But where I really think things fall apart is during the squat. You can see that the toes of the foot would REALLY have to be pointed downward in order to fit. Which isn't a huge problem, but it seems like it would get pretty uncomfortable after long bouts wearing the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's more the fact that they're banning people for abusing their shitty, bugged up game for something that has absolutely no impact on ANYONE ELSE. So what if he gets better gear? There's no PvP, there's no economy, you can't sell or even give gear to other people. Something people forget, this isn't an MMO. It is a multiplayer game, sure. But none of the rules apply here that apply for MMOs, and the fact they are actively banning people from their game, after it's already getting BOMBED in the reviews, is just them shooting off their own feet. Instead they should see these bugs and glitches that people are abusing and just quietly fix them. Don't fucking BAN the people that are actively PROMOTING your fucking game! Rocket science here, folks.
    You can champion a known exploiter in multiple games all you want but you won't see me doing it. Admittedly yes they should fix the bugs/glitches of course. But there are guys like this one that also actively go looking for ways to exploit and when their audience comes in and tells them about an exploit they run right out and do it, as well as teach others how. It's not just Anthem, it's other games too. I don't know, maybe it's just me being in the minority now because I actually have morals....

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah people exploit your broken and buggy game. Players are the problem not your shit game. Fix your game first. Anthem has no trading or PVP so nobody has an advantage over eachother. EA is just butthurt that people managed to get ahead without their approval so they must be banned. Fuck them. Fuck this games as a service bullshit where they want complete control over what you can do in a single player game.
    Yes, of course, because every other game on the market is flawless except this one. Whether it's a bug or not, exploiting in a game AND most importantly teaching others how to do it is cheating. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

If you discover an exploit and you're so idiot to stream it then you deserve a ban

- - - Updated - - -

Because blizz didn't ban paragon in dragon soul for the lfr loot exploit, they didn't (perma)ban the guild that hacked the floor of aq40 to get fast to c'thun or ensidia for saronite bomb exploit on hc lich king, after all it was pve content, right?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-03-03 at 02:23 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©