1. #5481
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It also doesn't have an economy, so how can you exploit something that doesn't exist?
    I acknowledged it doesn't have an economy. But it does screw with the intended progression path for players. Developers generally design around assumptions (including based off of real time metrics once live) of how much currency etc. folks have, this helps determine things like how much in-game currency a new item will cost or how much currency should be rewarded from new activities. Having a whole lot of folks swimming in currencies while others are on the normal progression path either leads to the currency being totally useless to those who exploited so it's unrewarding or they price it well above what normal players have to bleed currency out of folks inventories.

    Either way, it's an online game. You're playing on their servers and you're not paying for continued access. You play by their rules and use common sense, it's really not asking much of players. Especially considering that you're going to be getting free content in return.

  2. #5482
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    MMO vs a shared world experience your comparison holds no ground my guy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's a goddamn video game. Since when can a developer decide what you can and can't do once you get your hands on it? Oh wait. In the last few years since now this nonsense with DRM and constant connectivity. You had better do exactly as the developer intended or you will get a ban!

    I don't care what the fucking streamer did. Because what he did doesn't affect others in the game. They could have just patched it and moved on. The fact that publishers think that they can tell you what you can do in their single player games is fucking bullshit.
    MMO versus a shared world has something to do with his statement? You've lost your mind. I'm sorry but if you don't know that exploiting is basically cheating, regardless of it being a single player or multiplayer game or PVE or PVP, then I don't know what to tell you. Since when can a developer tell you what to do with their game?? This isn't something that has just been around the last couple year. Have you not seen an EULA in a game before? I'm sure like most people you just clicked agree and went about your business but there are some things in there they tell you not to do. This isn't just a matter of you playing a game offline in the privacy of your own home either, which they probably wouldn't care so much about. This guy was actively teaching his streaming audience how to use the bugs to exploit the game. That is just not cool.

    Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't cheat in games or use exploits, that's not my style. But if you want to be a cheater and/or support one you go right ahead...

  3. #5483
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    MMO versus a shared world has something to do with his statement? You've lost your mind. I'm sorry but if you don't know that exploiting is basically cheating, regardless of it being a single player or multiplayer game or PVE or PVP, then I don't know what to tell you. Since when can a developer tell you what to do with their game?? This isn't something that has just been around the last couple year. Have you not seen an EULA in a game before? I'm sure like most people you just clicked agree and went about your business but there are some things in there they tell you not to do. This isn't just a matter of you playing a game offline in the privacy of your own home either, which they probably wouldn't care so much about. This guy was actively teaching his streaming audience how to use the bugs to exploit the game. That is just not cool.

    Again, maybe it's just me, but I don't cheat in games or use exploits, that's not my style. But if you want to be a cheater and/or support one you go right ahead...
    You deserve to be banned from a single player game for cheating? Okay buddy. Glad to see how downhill we've gotten from 10 years ago. Unbelievable.

  4. #5484
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You deserve to be banned from a single player game for cheating? Okay buddy. Glad to see how downhill we've gotten from 10 years ago. Unbelievable.
    Anthem is not a single player game.

  5. #5485
    If you exploiting can affect other people playing the same game then yes, you should be punished.

    In regards to Gladds case I'd most likely also ban him. I'd probably not perma-ban him but a ban nonetheless.

  6. #5486
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You deserve to be banned from a single player game for cheating? Okay buddy. Glad to see how downhill we've gotten from 10 years ago. Unbelievable.
    It's not just the fact that he was cheating (in a multiplayer game, not single); it's the fact that he was knowingly teaching others how to do it, not just using it himself. He may not have even been caught if not for making videos about it and streaming it on twitch, which in addition is not only against EA/Bioware's terms of service but also Twitch's. He could have been suspended from twitch too. Heck he could have even had his entire EA game library removed.

    Here's the thing you're not even considering. One of his exploits that he kept doing over and over is the Tyrant Mine stronghold where you die and the stronghold resets. When he and his squad does this, apparently it causes the stronghold to bug out for others playing the game. So not only is he teaching others how to cheat, he is also messing the game up for other players...

    But it's interesting to find out you think people getting in trouble for intentionally doing something they aren't supposed to as somehow humanity going downhill... What's unbelievable is that there are people that thinking cheating is ok. "well, it's just a video game...." Yeah, ok.

    By the way, this is directly from EA's TOS:

    6. Rules of Conduct

    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

    Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

  7. #5487
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    This is probably one of the biggest things people overlook with the game. The gearing and builds can change drastically depending on what rolls you've got on your items because inscriptions get absolutely ridiculous.

    Its like if you don't have something visual like the big talent tree that PoE has then the game is automatically shallow.

    Random inscriptions don't make game much deep tho. It works for diablo 3, but they also have set bonuses and "fixed" bonuses (so you can expect what you get from an item, instead of getting... i don't know, loot pickup range?) while it also changes how you build your character (because you almost always want to build your character around items you've got, just like in anthem in this case, but in diablo or poe there is much more of customization going on)

    Also having something visual like the big talent tree (Game: Allods online. Fun thing that some players were cheering when talent trees were removed from the WoW, were boasting about their talent trees, but it didn't made game deep enough to keep players... you know... playing, because there is always that build that everyone expects you to play, because it iz best.) isn't an indication of deep game. But PoE is definitely more deep than anthem right now (and that's coming from someone who finds PoE to be a cheap overhyped diablo rip-off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  8. #5488
    Can I just say that Scar Nest is my FAVORITE Stronghold out of the three.

    I love all the action and krazyness of the place and as much as Scelos is a BITCH to kill, now that I know how to kill it with weak points I just love this place. I do miss Tyrant mines for easy farming but I like Nest for all the madness in the place

    On another note, does GM3 have a higer chance of LEgendary drop rate? I want to try it but christ, GM2 is more a Ability Sponge as well as bullet sponge even with Weak Point hits I cannot imagine GM3.

    I got the Legendary 47 Arc Burst on Storm and even with it hitting 10-12k on Weakpoints on TRASH it takes about 5 to kill it with bullet shots in between CDs. But DAMN all that speed, I can get 1 Arc Burst every 20ish seconds so that does help.


  9. #5489
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,757
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It's more the fact that they're banning people for abusing their shitty, bugged up game for something that has absolutely no impact on ANYONE ELSE. So what if he gets better gear? There's no PvP, there's no economy, you can't sell or even give gear to other people. Something people forget, this isn't an MMO. It is a multiplayer game, sure. But none of the rules apply here that apply for MMOs, and the fact they are actively banning people from their game, after it's already getting BOMBED in the reviews, is just them shooting off their own feet. Instead they should see these bugs and glitches that people are abusing and just quietly fix them. Don't fucking BAN the people that are actively PROMOTING your fucking game! Rocket science here, folks.
    It's wrong for the same reason why duping in diablo 2 is wrong. It's cheating.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If people exploit, then there is a problem with a game, not players. If farming X ammount of stuff doesnt fell rewarding for time spend, you can be sure people will go for shortcuts. Bioware is at fault here to even allow for this bug to pass the testing stage.
    Shortcut being abandoning the game, not exploiting bugs. I'd say that it's bioware and the guys who abuses bugs instead of reporting them and not abusing them fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  10. #5490
    Managed to do a gaming session without the audio bug happy (for now)
    And this happened
    Seems like that person was right when he/she said Interceptor is associated with the female body type.
    Check out my group:
    (It was either a female group of friends or they think interceptor is a girl body type...im the guy in red)


  11. #5491
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Can I just say that Scar Nest is my FAVORITE Stronghold out of the three.

    I love all the action and krazyness of the place and as much as Scelos is a BITCH to kill, now that I know how to kill it with weak points I just love this place. I do miss Tyrant mines for easy farming but I like Nest for all the madness in the place

    On another note, does GM3 have a higer chance of LEgendary drop rate? I want to try it but christ, GM2 is more a Ability Sponge as well as bullet sponge even with Weak Point hits I cannot imagine GM3.
    I'd say the Legendary drop rate is directly linked to the MasterWorks' one, so yeah probably. But given the mere 50% increase, GM1 is still more interesting to farm for legendaries.

    I have to say I've done a few Freeplay this week-end and I've had a lot more legendaries than during the complete week of strongholds. Plus, the missions' variety compared to a repetition of Tyrant's mine was refreshing, even though there are a lot of potential bugs during Freeplay (including two that made me lose my loots, so now I'm just leaving the freeplay when I'm getting a few mw or one legendary to "save" it).

  12. #5492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I have to say I've done a few Freeplay this week-end and I've had a lot more legendaries than during the complete week of strongholds. Plus, the missions' variety compared to a repetition of Tyrant's mine was refreshing, even though there are a lot of potential bugs during Freeplay (including two that made me lose my loots, so now I'm just leaving the freeplay when I'm getting a few mw or one legendary to "save" it).
    I have been doing GM2 Freeplay for the last few days and have not had only a single Legendary drop lol. But Freeplay is fun from time to time. Does beat the monotony of running Strongholds.

  13. #5493
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,476
    I noticed that some youtubers/streamers are jumping ship (and no i wont link any video as they will gain views ).
    It negative reflects their reputation and they get a lot of hate. (some even death treats, wich is well expected)

    Some are even making a sorry guys i wont stream Anthem any more videos.

    You can see some of the stuff here:
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/games/viewership
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/g/460696-anthem

    Some fall is expected, but from 37k to 4.5k is quite a huge drop.
    For comparison the top dog went from 200k to 100k.

    Its not that suprising. If the game came out in better state, i would guess the views would be much better.

  14. #5494
    Anthem isn't doing so hot right now.

    Latest Anthem bug is causing consoles to fully shut down and people are scared it’s going to brick their console

    Oh, Anthem. Bioware’s online multiplayer has really had a rough launch, and things aren’t looking up for Anthem. On Reddit people have been reporting its tendency to shutdown consoles completely, as if someone pulled the plug rather than crashing to the main menu, making some scared that it could brick their console. Bioware has yet to fix the bug that’s causing these shutdowns, and at the moment it haven’t responded to people’s complaints at all. Not good.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/latest-an...their-console/


    Sony Is Allegedly Offering Refunds To Some Anthem Players Due To PS4 System Crashes

    Electronic Arts is having serious issues with Anthem right now, and many gamers are not happy at all. However, players are reporting that Sony has given them refunds for the game. The reason gamers are wanting refunds on Anthem has to do with PS4 console crashes caused by the game. One Reddit user claims to have been given a full refund on the game with "no questions asked" noting that the refund only took five minutes. Other PS4 gamers have also claimed that they have been given refunds on the game with one user indicating they told customer support chat that they were concerned about the game bricking their console and Anthem was a defective product.
    https://hothardware.com/news/sony-gi...anthem-refunds
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  15. #5495
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6465327/

    Uh-oh, hope youtubhaters don't see this or the bile will make them explode
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  16. #5496
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6465327/

    Uh-oh, hope youtubhaters don't see this or the bile will make them explode
    Tell them that Advertisements work?
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  17. #5497
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I noticed that some youtubers/streamers are jumping ship (and no i wont link any video as they will gain views ).
    It negative reflects their reputation and they get a lot of hate. (some even death treats, wich is well expected)

    Some are even making a sorry guys i wont stream Anthem any more videos.

    You can see some of the stuff here:
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/games/viewership
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/g/460696-anthem

    Some fall is expected, but from 37k to 4.5k is quite a huge drop.
    For comparison the top dog went from 200k to 100k.

    Its not that suprising. If the game came out in better state, i would guess the views would be much better.
    If the bolded part is true it just cements the idea that video games have some of the worst fans in the world. BioWare in particular seems to attract some truly despicable people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Anthem isn't doing so hot right now.
    Origin has a 24 hour no-questions refund policy, 72 hours if it's for technical issues, and I guess they encourage Sony/MS/Nintendo to allow the same through their stores.

  18. #5498
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I noticed that some youtubers/streamers are jumping ship (and no i wont link any video as they will gain views ).
    It negative reflects their reputation and they get a lot of hate. (some even death treats, wich is well expected)

    Some are even making a sorry guys i wont stream Anthem any more videos.

    You can see some of the stuff here:
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/games/viewership
    https://www.twitchmetrics.net/g/460696-anthem

    Some fall is expected, but from 37k to 4.5k is quite a huge drop.
    For comparison the top dog went from 200k to 100k.

    Its not that suprising. If the game came out in better state, i would guess the views would be much better.
    That and the hate train was strong with this game because of EA. Didn't help that there's a MASSIVE amount of failure in the AAA arena right now. It was VERY easy for people to just pile onto Anthem without fully researching. Grab that quick and easy outrage revenue.

    Not trying to say Anthem is prefect. It's got it's flaws. But people REALLY created mountains out of molehills.

  19. #5499
    Seems a lot of people are starting to leave or refund it. Especially on console.

    Guess the shallowness of the game eventually hit home. On top of the bugs and it fucking crashing consoles.

    This game was flat out not ready for launch. It deserves whatever criticism it gets imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 03:47 PM.

  20. #5500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seems a lot of people are starting to leave or refund it. Especially on console.

    Guess the shallowness of the game eventually hit home. On top of the bugs and it fucking crashing consoles.

    This game was flat out not ready for launch. It deserves whatever criticism it gets imo.
    What? Where the hell are you getting this info?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •