1. #5501
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "Because EA" my fucking ass, Apex Legends is from EA and is getting praised to hell and beyond.

    Plus, the "hate train" was also strong on Fallout 76 and EA had nothing to do with it.

    ... and may I remind you how the last blizzcon ended?

    Stop releasing 60$ "live services" riddled with issues and people will stop "hating", it's pretty much just that.
    There are literally people in this thread who spent 40+ posts bashing the game years before it released. There's been a hate train on the game since the beginning.

    Basically this is the culmination of several bad live services launches (Destiny, Destiny 2, Division) and a game that is pretty unacceptably buggy. There are reasons to criticize the game, but a lot is getting blown out of proportion.

  2. #5502
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "Because EA" my fucking ass, Apex Legends is from EA and is getting praised to hell and beyond.

    Plus, the "hate train" was also strong on Fallout 76 and EA had nothing to do with it.

    ... and may I remind you how the last blizzcon ended?

    Stop releasing 60$ "live services" riddled with issues and people will stop "hating", it's pretty much just that.



    People reporting it on reddit I believe, babyface made a video covering it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIh3KJ8WEkE

    As far as how much of it is true... fuck if I know.
    I wouldn't mind these games if they were more appropriately priced.

    Anthem is nor worth £60. Nor is The Division 2. These kinds of games are worth £40 maximum and £30 minimum.

    They are not of the same quality as games of that price. Simple as that.

  3. #5503
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wouldn't mind these games if they were more appropriately priced.

    Anthem is nor worth £60. Nor is The Division 2. These kinds of games are worth £40 maximum and £30 minimum.

    They are not of the same quality as games of that price. Simple as that.
    $60 gets you the base game and future content... You're not just buying the game for now, but you're buying the state it will be in at a later date.

    Considering people have put in hundreds of hours already, I'd say that's pretty worth it. If you don't agree with that, then you just don't have to play.

  4. #5504
    This part is unacceptable from any game, there's reports of it bricking ps4s. It crashes them completely out, and some people aren't able to get them restarted. This MUST be fixed.

  5. #5505
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    This part is unacceptable from any game, there's reports of it bricking ps4s. It crashes them completely out, and some people aren't able to get them restarted. This MUST be fixed.
    There are no confirmed reports of anyone's PS4 becoming inoperable. What's happening is the equivalent of the power going out. All they have to do is rebuild their database and they're fine.

    The fact that the PS4 is having this issue and no other platform is an issue with the PS4. Software should never be able to irreparably damage hardware.
    Does this need to be fixed? Absolutely. Is Reddit and the internet spreading FUD? Yes.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-04 at 06:45 PM.

  6. #5506
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    This part is unacceptable from any game, there's reports of it bricking ps4s. It crashes them completely out, and some people aren't able to get them restarted. This MUST be fixed.
    I'm skeptical of the reports of bricking, but the reports of hard-crashes on both consoles are pretty solid. That's damn unacceptable, and I've even heard of issues on PC (apparently some streamer group had a few PC's break after playing the game? One corrupted the HD and another broke a GPU or something?) but I'm not sure about that.

    At least it doesn't sound super widesperad, but it sure doesn't do anything to improve my already rather dismal view of the capabilities of BW's engineers. Guess the crashes never came up in cert, or Microsoft/Sony didn't care and certified it anyways because they didn't want to miss out on initial sales revenue.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The fact that the PS4 is having this issue and no other platform is an issue with the PS4. Software should never be able to irreparably damage hardware.
    Does this need to be fixed? Absolutely. Is Reddit and the internet spreading FUD? Yes.
    No, it's an issue with Anthem. Other games don't crash PS4's, there's something in Anthem that is causing this.

  7. #5507
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    There are no confirmed reports of anyone's PS4 becoming inoperable. What's happening is the equivalent of the power going out.

    The fact that the PS4 is having this issue and no other platform is an issue with the PS4. Software should never be able to irreparably damage hardware.
    Does this need to be fixed? Absolutely. Is Reddit and the internet spreading FUD? Yes.
    Crashing out like that can cause damage. There was another game that used to do this.... forget which one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm skeptical of the reports of bricking, but the reports of hard-crashes on both consoles are pretty solid. That's damn unacceptable, and I've even heard of issues on PC (apparently some streamer group had a few PC's break after playing the game? One corrupted the HD and another broke a GPU or something?) but I'm not sure about that.

    At least it doesn't sound super widesperad, but it sure doesn't do anything to improve my already rather dismal view of the capabilities of BW's engineers. Guess the crashes never came up in cert, or Microsoft/Sony didn't care and certified it anyways because they didn't want to miss out on initial sales revenue.



    No, it's an issue with Anthem. Other games don't crash PS4's, there's something in Anthem that is causing this.
    Sony is issuing full refunds for anthem because of the crashing, I doubt it was happening during certification. And like I said in my other post, hard crashes CAN damage hardware, specially if they're heat related, so I wouldn't be surprised.

  8. #5508
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm skeptical of the reports of bricking, but the reports of hard-crashes on both consoles are pretty solid. That's damn unacceptable, and I've even heard of issues on PC (apparently some streamer group had a few PC's break after playing the game? One corrupted the HD and another broke a GPU or something?) but I'm not sure about that.

    At least it doesn't sound super widesperad, but it sure doesn't do anything to improve my already rather dismal view of the capabilities of BW's engineers. Guess the crashes never came up in cert, or Microsoft/Sony didn't care and certified it anyways because they didn't want to miss out on initial sales revenue.



    No, it's an issue with Anthem. Other games don't crash PS4's, there's something in Anthem that is causing this.
    The issue is with Anthem... I'm speaking more of how the OS shouldn't completely shit the bed from an application running on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Crashing out like that can cause damage. There was another game that used to do this.... forget which one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sony is issuing full refunds for anthem because of the crashing, I doubt it was happening during certification. And like I said in my other post, hard crashes CAN damage hardware, specially if they're heat related, so I wouldn't be surprised.
    No they aren't. Sony allows 1 "no questions asked refund". Others have tried and failed.

  9. #5509
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    No they aren't. Sony allows 1 "no questions asked refund". Others have tried and failed.
    Multiple people and sites are reporting it, I'm more inclined to believe them then some dude on the internet, sorry.

  10. #5510
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Multiple people and sites are reporting it, I'm more inclined to believe them then some dude on the internet, sorry.
    If you read the sources on those articles, they're all based on a reddit thread.

    The timeline of this was literally... Reddit thread goes up -> 2 hours later Article goes up with Reddit as the source -> 24 hours later articles based on the original articles based on reddit go up.

  11. #5511
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    If you read the sources on those articles, they're all based on a reddit thread.
    Falls under their refund policy even:

    "Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."

    Anthem is pretty obviously faulty.

  12. #5512
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Falls under their refund policy even:

    "Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."
    Except other people in the original reddit thread that all of this is based off of said they could not get a refund.

  13. #5513
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Except other people in the original reddit thread that all of this is based off of said they could not get a refund.
    Then they should bring up the refund policy, it's probably bad CS agents, all companies have idiots in CS. Can't even tell you how many idiot blizz CS agents I've had that didn't even read the ticket.

  14. #5514
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then they should bring up the refund policy, it's probably bad CS agents, all companies have idiots in CS
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.

  15. #5515
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    It's not up to users to fix the issue, if the game is faulty, which it is, its up to BW to fix it and Sony CS to honor their own policy.

  16. #5516
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wouldn't mind these games if they were more appropriately priced.

    Anthem is nor worth £60. Nor is The Division 2. These kinds of games are worth £40 maximum and £30 minimum.

    They are not of the same quality as games of that price. Simple as that.
    Thanks for the review of a game you never played.
    Appreciate the input.

    I have 15 hours /played and im a long way from being burned out.
    This game was worth it so far.
    I hear we need at least 100 hours played to have several builds playable.

    It was hard for me to defend this game after experiencing the audio bug trice times.
    But for some reason it stopped.

    The playstation bug is unforgivable though.
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-03-04 at 07:02 PM.

  17. #5517
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not up to users to fix the issue, if the game is faulty, which it is, its up to BW to fix it and Sony CS to honor their own policy.
    I do agree that BW needs to figure out the root cause of this and fix it, but again its the case of a giant pile-on. Spider-man did the exact same thing for some users on launch.

  18. #5518
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

    This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.

  19. #5519
    Yes, this game did have a lot of negative hype / hate-training prior to even limited demo access. I do think it's not just because of EA - it's a perfect storm of disappointment in Bioware, resentment at the increased monetization of AAA games, resentment towards multi-player crowding out single-player games, past problems with looter-shooters, etc. The poor image of EA is of course a factor, but it's been compounded by so many other factors. The actual issues (UI, endgame, loot, lack of content, poor story/world) then become increasingly visible as the demo opens up, pre-release happens, etc. Perfect storm of negative hype factors.

    I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.

  20. #5520
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

    This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.
    I agree, they do need to fix it ASAP.

    I disagree with the giant pile-on calling console bricked, the pile-on where people are claiming that Sony is offering "no questions asked" refunds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •