1. #5581
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I don't get it, I also have fun with plenty of bad-mediocre forms of entertainment, everyone does, what's the point?

    Fuck, Sword Art Online is on the top of the worst animes I ever watched, I still been watching every shitty season of it.
    Im always in the minority...i dont understand.
    If i would judge the world around me for my own personal tastes and opinions...i would have a shitty view on the world.
    Because im always in the minority.

    I only played the game mode: Dominion in League of Legends (later found out only 1% of population played it)
    I prefer HOTS over League of Legends.
    I loved monster hunter for Playstation 2
    I love Alita Battle Angel
    I love Anthem (so far)
    I love Shenmue I & II

    All im saying...is that everyone is different. Your opinion is not the reality. Your tastes are personal tastes.

  2. #5582
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

    But how could the critics be wrong????
    you're assuming your opinion is right because it's your opinion, pro-tip: your anecdote is irrelevant like your opinion.

    and mon hun was shit back then, i still have my monhun 1 disc and im currently playing monhun world.

  3. #5583
    got the last argument MW with a double charge.. feeling pretty baws atm :P
    but yeah now that the weekend is over i hope to see some fixes to a lot of the crap going on or at the very least a detailed soon to be released plan.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

  4. #5584
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ... and? I also prefer Hots over LoL, I also enjoyed Alita, so what ._.?
    it's called an appeal to emotions, by portraying their argument as persecuted they attempt to elicit a compassionate emotional response and support for their argument.

  5. #5585
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "Because EA" my fucking ass
    If you've payed the slightest bit of attention there's been plenty of "because EA" all over the place. Its still happening in the thread now...

    Literally every time I've brought up that the devs explicitly stated that the DLC would be free I've had someone tell me I'm naive or outright stupid to believe that "because EA".

    I started paying attention to this game around 2 weeks before the first demo and I'd never seen so much hate before a game had even launched and almost all of that hate was assuming the game would be shit either "because EA" or "because ME:A". And then a sea of people looking for anything and everything to validate their already made up minds.

    I wish there was actually room to just have constructive convo's / criticisms about the actual issues with the game. But there's literally still people posting in the thread and all over the reddit etc etc who have never even played the game and have no intention of playing it while acting like they're an authority on it. Its absolutely ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting it in the end.
    Genuinely curious why you continue to post in the thread... as well as others... when ya'll apparently have no interest in the game (besides jumping on any negative thing that comes up).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize its 2019 and we can learn everything about a game before/without buying it right?
    This has got to be the most asinine thing I've ever seen you post.

    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Man.... this is the SECOND FUCKING TIME!!! that I go into Freeplay a Legendary drops, I go out of Freeplay, game crashes and Legendary is GONE!!!!

    After this months Origin sub is up I think I am done. I tried I really did but what is the point of playing the game if it is only gonna take away what you earn?

    Edit: BUT, I got to keep all the other purples. blues and greens and greys I got.... just hte Legendary was removed
    You made sure to finish another mission yeah? Because this is the first time I've heard of someone having a specific item vanish out of the pool. Usually people just think they lost everything because they don't realize it gets rewarded at the end of the next mission.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  6. #5586
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it's called an appeal to emotions, by portraying their argument as persecuted they attempt to elicit a compassionate emotional response and support for their argument.
    My argument is that "everyone is different"
    It was the first thing i learned in my 8 years on MMO-C
    My opinion is meaningless and it does not show any objective reality.

    Its ok to like Anthem. Im not stupid for enjoying this game.

  7. #5587
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    My argument is that "everyone is different"
    It was the first thing i learned in my 8 years on MMO-C
    My opinion is meaningless and it does not show any objective reality.

    Its ok to like Anthem. Im not stupid for enjoying this game.
    no, i just think giving EA any money at all is stupid, not enjoying the shit the companies they've ruined/are ruining have made.
    i mean the old bioware games are gems, it's just the company has been responsible for many trends that are currently killing the AAA game development industry in the US and causing an increasingly hostile development environment in said studios to match their demands.

    ergo, i have a moral problem with the faults of anyone advocating paying PARASITES any money when these games are now entirely digital and the publisher is redundant.

  8. #5588
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    no, i just think giving EA any money at all is stupid, not enjoying the shit the companies they've ruined/are ruining have made.
    i mean the old bioware games are gems, it's just the company has been responsible for many trends that are currently killing the AAA game development industry in the US and causing an increasingly hostile development environment in said studios to match their demands.

    ergo, i have a moral problem with the faults of anyone advocating paying PARASITES any money when these games are now entirely digital and the publisher is redundant.
    O...k, i sympathise with your protest against a company.
    Thats cool.

  9. #5589
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I know, I’ve just addressed one of them… what’s exactly your point there?

    Also, if you haven’t seen so much “hate” before, please, hop in, let me take you on a ride over the megathreads of games such as Fallout 76, and Diablo Immortal ~
    Y'know what, I completely blocked out diablo immortal. That game is a whole different genre of hate, but you got me there.

    Oh and… the forum as a ignore function, just use the damn thing if you have problems with what certain individuals are posting.
    Its probably one of the most useless ignore functions on all forums. It just whites out the box but you still see that the post is there, and if anyone quotes said person... which happens constantly, especially with the people you'd most want to ignore... then you still see the post.

    You ever try using it before recommending it to people?
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  10. #5590
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    If people say like "its okay, it will be okay soon", we still get those bugged pieces of code on releases. Its already almost industry standart - minimize development cost, hire cheapest outsource-freelance, reuse of assets etc.
    Then grow marketing to the sky, interest people with cool hollywood trailers, buy streamers and gaming journalists, then milk playerbase to the death, leaving a tiny trickle of hope with patches, DLCs etc.
    Today community need to shout loudly about unfinished, unpolished, unbalanced products, because there still small chance to be heared (remember Battlefront2?) and some positive progress will occur. That what i think and how i feel.
    Yes, I agree. However, multiple large youtuber/streamers, as well as several posters on these and other forums, claimed Anthem was as bad as Fallout76. A game which is a literal asset flip, lied to its customers, scammed them on multiple occasions, and still has a host of problems.

    I absolutely agree games should be shipping in better, more complete states. But each case needs to be looked at on its own flaws and merits.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    If Anthem was a good game it would be a different story, but it isn't. And it's not some niche weird art either that can only be "appreciated" by few.
    Generally speaking, games are not entirely good or bad. They may have good and bad elements to them, but are rarely out and out perfectly good or completely terrible. Anthem has a lot of good aspects. It has some bad too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Word of mouth is a thing.
    So is rumor-mongering. Did you never play the telephone game when you were a kid?

  11. #5591
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Been reading some of the latest pages and I sort of see your point and I think it's wrong.

    You don't have thousands of people talking around how bad Witcher 3 is or KOTOR or LOTR or Dune. Quite the opposite, chances are if you are into their genre you'll be in for a treat.

    When I see a turd I don't need to try it to know it tastes bad.

    If Anthem was a good game it would be a different story, but it isn't. And it's not some niche weird art either that can only be "appreciated" by few.

    Word of mouth is a thing. Making good games is a thing.

    When a good game is made it sells well because it's a good game. Bad games don't sell well because they are bad.

    EA would WISH everyone decides whether they like Anthem after they buy it and play it. But that's not how it works.
    Theres just a small hanfdul of people who keep spamming positives. Drift back some pages and you'll see who they are.

    If they love the game, God bless. But I do wonder why they are here defending the game, instead of playing.

    I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly after launch.

    The updates will be around once the server stress dies down and get merged.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-03-05 at 12:26 AM.

  12. #5592
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fuck, Sword Art Online is on the top of the worst animes I ever watched, I still been watching every shitty season of it.
    I liked the first season of SAO. The premise was pretty good, all things considered. It was pretty clear the author had never played an actual MMO before, but there was some pretty enjoyable parts to it.

    After that it kind of all goes down hill until the 4th or 5th story arc about people with terminal afflictions using Virtual Reality to escape their painful lives is a real tear jerker though. That's some good shit.

  13. #5593
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly over the next few months.
    Or they're not experiencing some of the more significant issues and are still enjoying the game. It's happened even with games like No Man's Sky where the game is deeply flawed but folks still managed to enjoy themselves in it.

    And no, it's not a "cash grab", if it was they wouldn't have made it an online game where all content is provided for free. That's a nonsensical position to take. If it was a "cash grab" they'd be leveraging an existing popular IP (like Star Wars) and shitting out a cheaply made game with no promises of additional support, much less free content. Creating a new IP is literally the opposite of a "cash grab", because new IP's always come with big risks.

  14. #5594
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    pretty much this, now I'm getting reports of anthem bricking people's PCs and consoles.
    you can judge a pile of shit as a pile of shit BEFORE you stick your hands in it and take a bite.
    And how often does that happen? 1 out of every 1000 players?

    This is the problem with listening to info out of context. A small percentage of people having problems is treated like everyone everywhere is ALWAYS having that problem with the game. And that's just not the case.

  15. #5595
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Theres just a small hanfdul of people who keep spamming positives. Drift back some pages and you'll see who they are.

    If they love the game, God bless. But I do wonder why they are here defending the game, instead of playing.

    I suppose the positive posters just want to justify their purchase (expensive if they bought in early). This thread will die soon enough. The future fixes / updates won't be enough for players to Give a FF. It's an EA game .. mean't to cash grab initially, then disappear slowly over the next few months.
    If we go down that path of thinking.

    This forum is pointless.
    Its only a discussion of "game is bad" and "game is not bad"

    To be honest im only here to pass time. I enjoy communicating with people.

    But its funny you say people who defend the game are only here to justify their purchase and to have some acceptance.
    May i ask you "why" are the haters here?
    You didnt say that part (>_<) im curious now
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-03-05 at 12:37 AM.

  16. #5596
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Creating a new IP is literally the opposite of a "cash grab", because new IP's always come with big risks.
    big risk big reward. Everything was a new IP at some point in time
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  17. #5597
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I liked the first season of SAO. The premise was pretty good, all things considered. It was pretty clear the author had never played an actual MMO before, but there was some pretty enjoyable parts to it.

    After that it kind of all goes down hill until the 4th or 5th story arc about people with terminal afflictions using Virtual Reality to escape their painful lives is a real tear jerker though. That's some good shit.
    Oh man i love SAO.
    That was some good stuff.
    The authot never played a MMO? wuuut? I was immersed though

  18. #5598
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I love Alita Battle Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    . I also enjoyed Alita, so what ._.?
    Going off topic some more.

    Battle Angel was....meh. Visually impressive in a lot of respects, but changed some VERY fundamental aspects of the original material, causing them to deliver a very different story. Maybe I'm being a stickler for the original manga, but I didn't care for Battle Angel.

    The point being here that just because someone doesn't like a particular game/movie/TV show, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Anthem is on the receiving end of a lot of this type of thing: You can tell a lot of people played it, didn't like it, and jumped on the hate-train. A few have been fairly objective about it, but most are not.

  19. #5599
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    big risk big reward. Everything was a new IP at some point in time
    Yes, but you don't make a "cash grab" with those kinds of risks. Cash grabs are supposed to be "safer" products, not something that inherently comes with a big financial risk.

  20. #5600
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    big risk big reward. Everything was a new IP at some point in time
    Tell that to SEGA and Shenmue I & II.
    Greatest game of all time (for me) and way ahead of its time.....aaaaaand was a economic fiasco that put SEGA in debt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •