1. #5601
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Multiple people and sites are reporting it, I'm more inclined to believe them then some dude on the internet, sorry.
    If you read the sources on those articles, they're all based on a reddit thread.

    The timeline of this was literally... Reddit thread goes up -> 2 hours later Article goes up with Reddit as the source -> 24 hours later articles based on the original articles based on reddit go up.

  2. #5602
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    If you read the sources on those articles, they're all based on a reddit thread.
    Falls under their refund policy even:

    "Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."

    Anthem is pretty obviously faulty.

  3. #5603
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Falls under their refund policy even:

    "Digital content that you have started downloading, streaming and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."
    Except other people in the original reddit thread that all of this is based off of said they could not get a refund.

  4. #5604
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Except other people in the original reddit thread that all of this is based off of said they could not get a refund.
    Then they should bring up the refund policy, it's probably bad CS agents, all companies have idiots in CS. Can't even tell you how many idiot blizz CS agents I've had that didn't even read the ticket.

  5. #5605
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then they should bring up the refund policy, it's probably bad CS agents, all companies have idiots in CS
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.

  6. #5606
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    It's not up to users to fix the issue, if the game is faulty, which it is, its up to BW to fix it and Sony CS to honor their own policy.

  7. #5607
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I wouldn't mind these games if they were more appropriately priced.

    Anthem is nor worth £60. Nor is The Division 2. These kinds of games are worth £40 maximum and £30 minimum.

    They are not of the same quality as games of that price. Simple as that.
    Thanks for the review of a game you never played.
    Appreciate the input.

    I have 15 hours /played and im a long way from being burned out.
    This game was worth it so far.
    I hear we need at least 100 hours played to have several builds playable.

    It was hard for me to defend this game after experiencing the audio bug trice times.
    But for some reason it stopped.

    The playstation bug is unforgivable though.
    Last edited by Togabito; 2019-03-04 at 07:02 PM.

  8. #5608
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not up to users to fix the issue, if the game is faulty, which it is, its up to BW to fix it and Sony CS to honor their own policy.
    I do agree that BW needs to figure out the root cause of this and fix it, but again its the case of a giant pile-on. Spider-man did the exact same thing for some users on launch.

  9. #5609
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

    This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.

  10. #5610
    Yes, this game did have a lot of negative hype / hate-training prior to even limited demo access. I do think it's not just because of EA - it's a perfect storm of disappointment in Bioware, resentment at the increased monetization of AAA games, resentment towards multi-player crowding out single-player games, past problems with looter-shooters, etc. The poor image of EA is of course a factor, but it's been compounded by so many other factors. The actual issues (UI, endgame, loot, lack of content, poor story/world) then become increasingly visible as the demo opens up, pre-release happens, etc. Perfect storm of negative hype factors.

    I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.

  11. #5611
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

    This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.
    I agree, they do need to fix it ASAP.

    I disagree with the giant pile-on calling console bricked, the pile-on where people are claiming that Sony is offering "no questions asked" refunds.

  12. #5612
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Or people should stop writing articles about reddit threads and not following up on them. There's another thread explaining how to fix the issue right now.
    A workaround to get your console to boot back up properly is not a fix to the issue. It's a temporary stopgap, at best, just so people can keep using their consoles in general for software not being Anthem.

    Any proper fix will have to involve Bioware patching the issue causing it, and that hasn't happened yet.

  13. #5613
    Same issue that was affecting Kingdom Heart's remix1/2(from the "story so far" collection)

    You have to rebuild the database after booting PS4 into safemode. Then the shut off crashes will stop for some, but not all.

  14. #5614
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    Yes, this game did have a lot of negative hype / hate-training prior to even limited demo access. I do think it's not just because of EA - it's a perfect storm of disappointment in Bioware, resentment at the increased monetization of AAA games, resentment towards multi-player crowding out single-player games, past problems with looter-shooters, etc. The poor image of EA is of course a factor, but it's been compounded by so many other factors. The actual issues (UI, endgame, loot, lack of content, poor story/world) then become increasingly visible as the demo opens up, pre-release happens, etc. Perfect storm of negative hype factors.

    I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.
    Supposedly digital sales have been really good. It was the top seller in all the regions we have data for since release for 2 weeks in a row. We'll see during their earnings call.

  15. #5615
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    I think the marketing and community teams probably saw this coming, and were in damage control from day 1. But this product feels like a write-off by EA who were unwilling to fund further development, and are now simply accepting the poor reception. Once things stabilize they can gauge how much to fund further development, or whether to simply put it on a sort of life support.
    The only thing this would accomplish is to ensure no one ever buys a game with EA (and especially Bioware) attached to it ever again.

  16. #5616
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The only thing this would accomplish is to ensure no one ever buys a game with EA (and especially Bioware) attached to it ever again.
    Think last game I ever bought with EAs stamp on it was Unravel.

    Until EA and Bioware stop with this "games as a service" shit with big titles then I ain't touching them.

    I don't want a game that's good in a year. I want a game that is a good at launch. £60 for Anthem is disgusting with how poor it is. It's worth £40 at most.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 07:20 PM.

  17. #5617
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Same issue that was affecting Kingdom Heart's remix1/2(from the "story so far" collection)

    You have to rebuild the database after booting PS4 into safemode. Then the shut off crashes will stop for some, but not all.
    Right... PS4 has something weird going on. There are at least 3 games that have done this.

  18. #5618
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ed_of_or_have/

    This? Because that doesn't "fix" the issue, the crashing still exists. It's a solution for unresponsive consoles to get them back running, which is good. But it shouldn't be necessary, either.
    I mean did anyone actually check for stuff like this before launching the PS4 version?

    I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting it in the end. Cba fiddling about with a potentially bricked console.

    Actually saw some funny posts on Reddit claiming it's not Biowares but Sonys fault. Had me in stitches admittedly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-04 at 07:19 PM.

  19. #5619
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean did anyone actually check for stuff like this before launching the PS4 version?

    I'm glad I definitely didn't end up getting in the end. Cba fiddling about with a potentially bricked console.

    Actually saw some funny posts on Reddit claiming it's not Biowares but Sonys fault. Had me in stitches admittedly.
    A couple other games are having the exact same issue, to be fair.

  20. #5620
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    A couple other games are having the exact same issue, to be fair.
    And?

    That's still on the devs.

    Also what couple of games out of curiosity?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •